Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beloved Pussy Gone!

Beloved Pussy Gone!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:20 am
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Unhappy Beloved Pussy Gone!

I said good bye to Milly on Tuesday. We have had her for over 9 years, even before the kids were born, and I did not want her to be dragged all the way to Australia. So she has gone to a good home where I know the people will cherish her.

BUT now the sale on the business is about to fall through and I realise I could have had her around a little longer. I feel very guilty!

I think these things are sent to try us! Arghhhhhh!

Arriving at Perth airport is looking a long way off

Jayne
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:31 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beloved Pussy Gone!

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
I said good bye to Milly on Tuesday. We have had her for over 9 years, even before the kids were born, and I did not want her to be dragged all the way to Australia. So she has gone to a good home where I know the people will cherish her.

BUT now the sale on the business is about to fall through and I realise I could have had her around a little longer. I feel very guilty!

Jayne
Oh dear, it's probably best that she's moved into her new home whilst you're still in UK, at least if the new owner has any problems settling her in you'll still be around for a bit. Don't feel guilty about it, you've done the best thing - our cat is about 10 now and even though he's as fit as a fiddle I know it wouldn't be fair to take him, it would be terrifying for him.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry!!

It really is pants having to give up the animals and I hate to think how hard it is knowing that you are not going to be going for a while now..

Will you visit him? or will that hurt more?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:51 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Jayne
Completely know where you are coming from both with cat and business as we're going through the same thing ourselves

I'm sending you a PM.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:55 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Jayne

<< not one to NOD

The airlines dont DRAG cats, they shove them in a nice ickle crate

9 isnt old for a cat, albeit im a cat hater, sorry...

If he/she was that sentimental, why not have brought her?? sounds like quite a bond over 9 years??
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:57 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clippy
Oh dear, it's probably best that she's moved into her new home whilst you're still in UK, at least if the new owner has any problems settling her in you'll still be around for a bit. Don't feel guilty about it, you've done the best thing - our cat is about 10 now and even though he's as fit as a fiddle I know it wouldn't be fair to take him, it would be terrifying for him.
To be fair, and im not having a JAB.

Its a 23 hour flight !

23 hours, for your pet to be contained within a shipping crate with fresh water, isnt really that much of a deal surely ?

I thought cats lived to be 17 years plus? some even older.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:09 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our cats, Zig & Zag over with us from Scotland.
They were 12 years old when we brought them over, & they've been none the worse.

They both absolutely love it here.
You can see some pictures of them in Oz, in my photopost.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

oh Jayne, you poor thing but read your quote above, you said it all,

your pussy will be cherished,
I am sure it is worse for you than her
Tara