Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Being a single parent.

Being a single parent.

Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Being a single parent.

Hi Claire - I assume you are getting FTB a and b... you arent entitled to any income support payments for 2 years. BUT you can ask then to run the first contact claim anyway and see what it assesses you at - no harm trying. You are entitled to Child care benefit and if you are working or volunteering or looking for work you will be entitled to Child care tax rebate too. You may beable to get single parent rate ftb already under 'living under same roof' circumstances. for Rent assist you need to be residentially qualified for your benefit - in which case FTB you are! Does that help???
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...al_how_spb.htm take a look at this too claire as you may be considered "suffered a substantial change in circumstances beyond your control during the two year newly arrived residents waiting period."
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:01 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by homewardbound
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...al_how_spb.htm take a look at this too claire as you may be considered "suffered a substantial change in circumstances beyond your control during the two year newly arrived residents waiting period."
Thankyou so much, nd to everyone else who have offered advice etc. I think from what i can gather i will be ok. Im going into centerlink on monday and housing sa as i have been told they may pay the bond on the rental that i just got yey!!! Will just be glad once this is all sorted as i cant take anymore stress
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes state housing can pay a percentage of bond... if going to centrelink it is very likely they will tell you to call the 13 no's for first contact. Congrats on the rental - hope it all goes well for you.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered how you were going.