Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Being a single parent.

Being a single parent.

Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:29 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Being a single parent.

Well looks like i will be a single parent in a couple of weeks when house sold. I cant seem to get a straight answer from centerlink on what i will be entitled to. I do work, im on permanent residency been here a year. I will be renting but they cant tell me until i actually apply or is it just the obnoxious person i dealt with? I have a 3 year old son in nursery 4 days a week x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:33 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being a single parent.

So sorry it's all gone pear shaped for you Claire. I know it's not been very long since you bought the house

I'm a about to be temporarily single too (OH is heading back to the UK for 6 months... no work here for him at the moment) and so I am about 5 miles up the road. If you want to chat, or need a babysitter, pm me. I'm gonna have loads of spare time from the end of June.

Single parent entitlements are posted on the centrelink website and you can fill in all the forms on there to get what you need.
Here is the link to the estimater (Right hand side of page) you have to work out all the benefits seperately there's a child support calc. there too. Remember any support you receive for the child is taken into account when you make a claim for family assistance, so do that first.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to see this Clare. I hope the house sale goes through quickly and you can get sorted. xxxx
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Claire, my mate has just split up from her husband, got 2 kids, she applied for centre link and they gave her the money for her bond for a rental, plus they pay her rent, she is not working so might be a bit different for you. She has been told that once the house is sold if she gets any money then she may have to pay her bond back.

She did not know what she was getting until her claim was processed, but they do cover her rent plus she gets an allowance for her and the kids.

Hope this helps a bit, keep your chin up and give us a shout if you want me to put you in touch with her

Nicky
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:23 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Claire, my mate has just split up from her husband, got 2 kids, she applied for centre link and they gave her the money for her bond for a rental, plus they pay her rent, she is not working so might be a bit different for you. She has been told that once the house is sold if she gets any money then she may have to pay her bond back.

She did not know what she was getting until her claim was processed, but they do cover her rent plus she gets an allowance for her and the kids.

Hope this helps a bit, keep your chin up and give us a shout if you want me to put you in touch with her

Nicky
nicky that would be fab if you could put me in touch with her, im going to go into centerlink on monday in person as they were crap on phone. x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:50 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

clare just wanted to send you some ((((((hugs))))))
there are lots of us about if you need anything ... xx
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that.Stay. strong.hope you all get sorted.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

sorry to hear your news -but good on you for sticking with it!!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear things didnt work out, stay strong hun, doing the right thing by going in person in centerlink.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:11 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Big hugs to you clare (no grouphugs here )

It's a rotten time I know, but be sure to take up the support of friends that have offered - be strong & better days just on the horizon for you, I'm sure

Last edited by JenniGee; Jun 18th 2009 at 3:20 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:46 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

oh no Claire sorry to hear this. Hope you get things sorted. (((((((((((())))))))))))
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Well looks like i will be a single parent in a couple of weeks when house sold. I cant seem to get a straight answer from centerlink on what i will be entitled to. I do work, im on permanent residency been here a year. I will be renting but they cant tell me until i actually apply or is it just the obnoxious person i dealt with? I have a 3 year old son in nursery 4 days a week x
I have a good friend who is a SP. There is some 15 hour a week work rule and she has to go in with a form each 2 weeks I think to prove she has done the 15 hours, with that requirement filled she gets a parenting payment, she calls it pension? ( higher payment than for SP who dont work) plus all the family tax benefits etc and rent assistance and she has a health care card, which gives her discounts off rates, elec, medical stuff. She lives really well, however she gets frustrated about the constant info required on maintence, savings, income etc which of course all reduce her payments ( fair enough IMO but not in hers )

I guess they cant tell you much on the phone as its all adjusted according to above factors, I bet they wont promise anything till they see proof of figures. No doubt they have some massive form to fill out however from what she gets I would say it sounds worth it.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

so sorry to hear your news claire [[[[hugs]]]] to you and lots of love x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Oh Clare I am sorry some things haven't worked out for you but it is good you are sticking to life here xx.

I dont kow much about the single parent bit but I do know you might get rent assist and help with Child care. Maybe try centrelink again you might get someone a bit more helpful.

Big hugs to you ((()))

Tina x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

{{{hugs}}} that must be really tough for you! No doubt you will already have tried to negotiate the Centrelink minefield but just in case http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ions/co029.htm Unfortunately a lot of payments have the 2 year rule and you may already be getting the only ones you are entitled to. Good luck with the visit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.