Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Being Positive On 115!!

Being Positive On 115!!

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 4:41 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Being Positive On 115!!

a lot of people reckon it's the end of the world, but i truly believe that if u want something badly enough u will get it.

Me & my family have lodged our visa papers with our agent but await my tra decision which is highly unlikely to come before the 14th of April, a sleepless night & some tears were shed last night but in the cold light of day you realise that while you can do your best to be prepared no one knows whats round the corner.

If we do miss the boat by the 14th then we look at some other way or method, is living in a regional area for two years really that much of a hardship when you want to fulfill the dreams of your family.

Who knows, we might never get there, but you can be damn sure that when me & my wife look in the mirror we will be able to say we done our damndest to get there!!

chins up folks!! if u want it u can have it.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being Positive On 115!!

Originally posted by madsad
a lot of people reckon it's the end of the world, but i truly believe that if u want something badly enough u will get it.

Me & my family have lodged our visa papers with our agent but await my tra decision which is highly unlikely to come before the 14th of April, a sleepless night & some tears were shed last night but in the cold light of day you realise that while you can do your best to be prepared no one knows whats round the corner.

If we do miss the boat by the 14th then we look at some other way or method, is living in a regional area for two years really that much of a hardship when you want to fulfill the dreams of your family.

Who knows, we might never get there, but you can be damn sure that when me & my wife look in the mirror we will be able to say we done our damndest to get there!!

Well said that man! That's my attitude too. It may not be this year or next but we will get there. Hopefully it will be this year though
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:27 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default THANKYOU WMOORE

At last someone else with a positive attitude, cant say i have not had a couple of beers to dull the pain!! but as they say a battle has been lost the war is still on!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THANKYOU WMOORE

At last someone else with a positive attitude, cant say i have not had a couple of beers to dull the pain!! but as they say a battle has been lost the war is still on!!
Yeah fight the good fight and all that (hic!). Me too. It is Friday.
Anyway, I believed all the rumours on here over the last couple of months and started looking for nomination. Fingers crossed Victoria will do the biz for me, or if not it's into the bush we go. I don't really care so long as we get there.
Plan A has gone but I still have B, C .......
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:44 pm

Red face we will still hope!!

to get to near as Brisbane as we can, it astonishes me that the agents did not pick up on this runour!! our biggest frustration is we started on our journey on the 31st October, it took until the 15th of march for our TRA to be lodged
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Being Positive On 115!!

Well said,

We are in an almost identical position to you, waiting for TRA to come back, but it is unlikely to be here before the 14th so we are already planing to go Sponsored route.

We to were disappointed yesterday but were expecting it as we heard it was coming, like you said you have to move on and deal with it, no point dwelling.

Kevin
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

Default Re: we will still hope!!

to get to near as Brisbane as we can, it astonishes me that the agents did not pick up on this runour!! our biggest frustration is we started on our journey on the 31st October, it took until the 15th of march for our TRA to be lodged
Have a look at my post on the immigration forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=221606
My agent took until this afternoon to admit that there was 'a change that was relevant to me'. I asked them twice before that and they insisted there was nothing to report. Bloody useless. Wish I hadn't bothered. I expect somebody I'm paying to look out for me to report stuff to me before I read it on a public forum but I know where I'm better off
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:44 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there wmoore.

Sounds like you agent is not too good at communication ?

How about letting us all know who your agent is, at least then the newbies can make a better judgement when engaging a new agency
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:47 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Hey there wmoore.

Sounds like you agent is not too good at communication ?

How about letting us all know who your agent is, at least then the newbies can make a better judgement when engaging a new agency
Pleasure. Live In Australia
The intial advice they offered me was fairly comprehensive (for £135 service) but the 'ask your advisor' service leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion :lecture: From what I've read, you'd be better to see somebody like George Lombard or Alan Collett (regulars on this forum).
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

From what I have read the "Regional" Australia visas are not that far from the CBD's.

Having looked at a UBD (A to Z) today there are areas not more that 35 - 40 minutes from Brisbane that classify as "Regional"

I travel that into work now so it wouldn't bother me!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:11 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd have to say that I wish that I joined this forum before I signed up with an agency. I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but Alan Collett would have been the man for us !

A message to all you newbies out there. Check out GoMatilda, seems like a good deal (and NO, I'm not on a backhander here).