Being married

Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:22 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Being married

I have been with my partner for 16 years but i have never had the desire to marry (Religieous free spirit no ball n chain type o' thingy wont go into details)What i was wondering is do you have to be married to emmigrate to Oz
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:23 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being married

Originally Posted by Racht70
I have been with my partner for 16 years but i have never had the desire to marry (Religieous free spirit no ball n chain type o' thingy wont go into details)What i was wondering is do you have to be married to emmigrate to Oz
No

You may have to produce more evidence that you are a de facto couple than if you were married (I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will clarify that) - but you don't need to be married to be classed as a couple
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:29 am

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
No

You may have to produce more evidence that you are a de facto couple than if you were married (I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will clarify that) - but you don't need to be married to be classed as a couple
Does two kiddy winks count lol thanks for that
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

I assume that one of you is an Aussie (or has Citizenship by Descent) and that the other is applying for de-facto?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

They're pretty broad-minded about these things. Just produce lots of evidence of your on-going relationship - photos, letters, joint accounts, joint bills, stat decs from friends and family - all that kind of guff.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RubyPearl
I assume that one of you is an Aussie (or has Citizenship by Descent) and that the other is applying for de-facto?
Why?
Tracie
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Why?
Tracie

What I was thinking was that if they're both applying for Skilled (or other visa types) it wouldn't matter about being married.

But I suppose if only one person is applying for skilled visa then their relationship needs to be proved in order to get the 'other half' in.

Just ignore me please

I'm off work with the flu and don't really know what I'm saying.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:19 pm

Nope both Brits.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Nope both Brits.
Like I just said - and for future reference - probably best to just ignore most of the things I post on here
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:20 pm

What I was thinking was that if they're both applying for Skilled (or other visa types) it wouldn't matter about being married.

But I suppose if only one person is applying for skilled visa then their relationship needs to be proved in order to get the 'other half' in.

Just ignore me please

((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs ruby pearl)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Get better soon hun...my lil boys off school poorly too
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Just ignore me please

Ahhh your delirious
Hope you feel better soon. have some Karma to cheer you up
Tracie
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Myself & OH are going in a couple of months as 'defacto spouses' - do a search for it on here and you'll find loads of details about what evidence they like you to send off alongside your application. Have fun!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No, you don't need to be married. The main applicant will include the partner on their application as "spouse". You will then need to include evidence of your relationship such as joint bills, your childrens' birth certificates, statutory declarations from family and friends attesting to your relationship, etc. You will both be on the same visa so you both do not need to apply for your own.