Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Being a grandma is the best job in the world!!

Being a grandma is the best job in the world!!

Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Being a grandma is the best job in the world!!

But boy is it tiring!!!!

Grandaughter has been here 24hrs and shes worn me out already!!...i cant get enough hugs and kisses, and shes a real little chatterbox!
I've more things in one day today than i think i did all last week...lol ... still nothing beats showing her off at the shops and playing in the waves on the beach...had a glorious day
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Being a grandma is the best job in the world!!

Originally posted by podgypossum
But boy is it tiring!!!!

Grandaughter has been here 24hrs and shes worn me out already!!...i cant get enough hugs and kisses, and shes a real little chatterbox!
I've more things in one day today than i think i did all last week...lol ... still nothing beats showing her off at the shops and playing in the waves on the beach...had a glorious day
And you get to give her back when you have had your fill

By the way, I do like your new avatar!

Mummy
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like your having a wonderful time.

nothing like enjoying your grandchildren......my mum and dad love it, especially the Saturday nights when the girls stay over...... my god i'm going to miss that weekly break.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

My mother is a crap gran, has never taken the kids out, they never sleep over, but hey, all of a sudden, now we are moving, they are the best thing since sliced bread!!!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

My mum has been staying at ours last couple of nights and has been a fantastic help ,bathing the children,babysitting ect .Its very hard to take the children away from her and shes making me feel as guilty as poss
Glad youve had a good time with your grandaughter ,how long is she staying ?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad they arrived safely PP, have a wonderful time
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by snowhite
My mum has been staying at ours last couple of nights and has been a fantastic help ,bathing the children,babysitting ect .Its very hard to take the children away from her and shes making me feel as guilty as poss
Glad youve had a good time with your grandaughter ,how long is she staying ?

they are staying here for 6 weeks..... i not looking foward to saying goodbye

I am trying to be very underhand and make them want to come live here... ... but subtlety is not my strong point
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:18 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
they are staying here for 6 weeks..... i not looking foward to saying goodbye

I am trying to be very underhand and make them want to come live here... ... but subtlety is not my strong point
Hide their passports.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

hold them hostage