Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beginning to think I am a hard hearted bitch!

Beginning to think I am a hard hearted bitch!

Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:50 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Wink Beginning to think I am a hard hearted bitch!

Been reading all these threads about homesickness and missing family and have started to wonder if I've got some kind of 'Tin man' syndrome!

We have been here 14mths now and I can honestly say I have never been homesick. We have had family and friends visit in this time and I have happily waved them off at the airport everytime, including my mum and dad. I feel totally settled, I didn't even ask the last lot of visitors to bring Uk foodstuffs cause I'm not really missing them now.

Am I weird or what?

Paula
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:54 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

No, you are a lovely, contented, emotional baggage free woman who is happy with herself, her family and her life.

Don't worry, stay happy!
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:55 pm
WBB

dont worry, be happy.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:57 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all
Default Re: Beginning to think I am a hard hearted bitch!

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Been reading all these threads about homesickness and missing family and have started to wonder if I've got some kind of 'Tin man' syndrome!

We have been here 14mths now and I can honestly say I have never been homesick. We have had family and friends visit in this time and I have happily waved them off at the airport everytime, including my mum and dad. I feel totally settled, I didn't even ask the last lot of visitors to bring Uk foodstuffs cause I'm not really missing them now.

Am I weird or what?

Paula
Paula,

just had this discussion with my husband only 20 mins ago that on this forum (which he is reluctant to join maybe 'cos I am always on) there seems to be more settled NZer expats than Oz expats......or is it me rose tinted glasses again.

Well done glad you are peaceful and settled.

And enjoying beautiful Christchurch.

Jo
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:58 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Am I weird or what?

Paula
not weird just content i`d say
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:58 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pollster
No, you are a lovely, contented, emotional baggage free woman who is happy with herself, her family and her life.

Don't worry, stay happy!

Awwwwwwww! What a lovely thing to say. Thanx Pollster and WBB for the reasurance was getting a bit worried for a mo.

Paula
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Am I weird or what?

Paula

Paula,
Not wierd and very helpful to all us wannabes who want a spread of opinion.
Actually it was quite refreshing after what we had been reading lately.
Thanks.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Am I weird or what?

Paula
You are simlpy content........... not many have the trait if you do, It makes life sooo much easier........I'm like that love the kids love all the family and as long as they are not sick or anything then I say so long see Yeah.......
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:46 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I weird or what?

Paula
Probably one or the other. Having a family around sure helps. We're not that homesick either but we are going back to Europe in a few weeks!
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:09 am
Merlot

Default Bottled Goodness!

Not at all, if you bottle this syndrome and sell it you would be worth millions.

You can label it "Happiness"!

Enjoy!
Merlot

Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:11 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would you be homesick for the land that god gave to cain ?

I think I mentioned this before: The UK has the biggest percentage of people that wished they lived somewhere else.

A pretty good pointer as to how gloomy the UK is.

I think the only time you would wish you were somewhere else is when things arent going too well. those that come and dont give it a fair go and return to the UK ought to stop a while before returning and be reminded why they wanted to leave the UK because it isnt going to change, in fact in all the times over the last 20 years that I returned for whatever reason it appears to be getting worse there.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

A friend asked us if we wanted anything bringing out when a mutual friend comes out next month but we couldn't think of anything. Oh, except a huge England flag so he compete with my rellies Scottish flag at family do's!

Not much we miss either.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:29 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Am I weird or what?

Paula
Thats great, enjoy your life then, as it must now be as you want it. Well done!!