Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

beginning the process of emmigration help!!

beginning the process of emmigration help!!

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough
Default beginning the process of emmigration help!!

im just starting the immigration process and im wondering how much i need to budget..and would an agency be worth the expense thanks.. john
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: beginning the process of emmigration help!!

Hello and welcome to the mad house, agents are ok if you pick the right one,prices vary depending what visa your going for some visas are quicker than others It's more than acheiveable to go it alone you just need patience, good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

my partner is the higher skilled one (nurse) im a carpenter we were advised to apply for a skill 136 visa and to budget about £3500 pounds does this sound about right?? thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Thats close to what we paid before we sacked our agents, if one of you is a nurse then your laughing there crying out for them and you do get fast tracked
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome

Karen is correct...we both know from bad experience from the same agent...you sound like your application would be straight forward you could do a DIY you can pick up so much info from here...once you`ve gone through the process you wonder what you pay your agent for!
But if your like us and would rather have some help with info the "right" agent does take off the extra pressure. If you do a search there are some posts that people have listed the agents that they have used and are pleased with.

Good luck

Sue
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

I used an agent before finding this site, and i would advise not to use one.

Many people on this site have received their visa's alot quicker than me, who have gone it alone. Cut out the middle man and do it yourself.

Also search for front loading application (sending everything at once) on this forum. May make the process even quicker.

good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:32 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Id second third and fourth the previous dont bother save the money comments...A nurse is fast tracked and fairly straight forward,they'll take your arm off to have you...! If you can read and fill in forms go for it...Its not difficult...honest I speak from experience...
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:03 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

HI there welcome to the forum

We used an agent, his fees were $3500(roughly 1500GBP)

In our personal opinion it was money well spent, we had a superb agent, that we could leave to get on with things while we paniced about other stuff

Best of Luck with it
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

We submitted on our own and were happy with that. However 6 months along when we had heard nothing, we employed an agent in Oz. She chased up everything on our behalf and actually got responses from DIMIA! I think that if everything goes according to the book, then you should be okay by yourselves, but be prepared to get help if you need it later on.

Rachel.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

hi, thanks for the responses..john
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by appyarry
hi, thanks for the responses..john

I bet your a bit now you`ll get loads of help on here & there are agents that post on here that will help loads if you do a DIY!!

Good luck

Sue
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

can you tell me where i download any forms i need and what is this front loader and where do i get it thanks again
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:22 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

my partner is the higher skilled one (nurse) im a carpenter we were advised to apply for a skill 136 visa and to budget about £3500 pounds does this sound about right?? thanks
Ours was £3500 including Govt. fees for a 139 Skilled Designated Area Sponsored. So I reckon your maths are right...compared to ours anyway!

All the best!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:31 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

can you tell me where i download any forms i need and what is this front loader and where do i get it thanks again
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/index.htm

Don't bother with an agent - complete waste of money in your position. Click on the above link, read and digest everything and then there won't be anything an agent will be able to tell you that you don't already know.

Good luck,

Rob
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hiya
You can download the forms from the dimia web site- sorry i dont know what it is but someone else on here will or search for dmia on www.google.com.au

Frontloading refers to sending your application with the medicals and police checks before they are formally requested- a lot of things have changed since i applied for my visa- when i applied front loading was considered a bit risky but things may have changed since then.

Before you can apply for the actual visa your partner will need to have their skills assessed- not sure who the skills agency is for nursing though.

As for agents- if your case is straightforward then i recon you will be able to do it yourself. We did and got our visa in the same time as those who did use an agent.

As for costs- i have detailed below what our costs were to give you an idea.

Skills Assessment- £200
Visa application- £1800
Medicals- £400
Police checks- £20
Courier fees- £50

You will also need to think about all the costs involved once you have the visa

Shipping- approx £4000
pets if you have any-£2000
estate agent fees- dependent on house price- normally 1-2%
One way flights- ours are about £800 for 2 people

I am sure there are other things I have forgotton !!
We added it all up once and I am sure we came up with a figure of about £13500 all in - a lot of money but worth it if you are sure it is what you want.

Feel free to pm me if you want any info

Nat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.