Begin the begin

Old Mar 8th 2003, 10:11 am
Just Joined

jimozbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Begin the begin

I am starting my application and wanted to know before I go too far down the road, I am 43 (44 in June) Does my points count from date of application, or date I am "accepted".
Also, if I am accepted, does it take 1-2 years, in which case I will be say 46. As a Production Manager in manufacturing, what are the chances of me finding a job at 46?

Old Mar 8th 2003, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

As far as I understand it, the age that you are when you apply is the age that is taken into account.

Our application was acknowledged a month or so after we posted it and this marks the beginning of the 'long haul' and in some cases ' short haul'.

hope this helps.

Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2003, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

jimozbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool begin the begin

Originally posted by PADDAD
As far as I understand it, the age that you are when you apply is the age that is taken into account.

Our application was acknowledged a month or so after we posted it and this marks the beginning of the 'long haul' and in some cases ' short haul'.

hope this helps.

Good luck
Thanks a lot Dianne yes it does help.

Old Mar 9th 2003, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

anzen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, if I am accepted, does it take 1-2 years, in which case I will be say 46. As a Production Manager in manufacturing, what are the chances of me finding a job at 46?
There is not a huge amount of manufacturing in Australia, and the companies that have survived are quite lean with employment. However, good people always seem to find good jobs (eventually).

http://www.seek.com.au/ has quite a few listings.

If you know anyone who lives here, it is also helpful to get a copy of one of the Saturday papers in the city you would like to live. For example the Sat. Sydney Morning Herald has a separate section that is full of job ads.