Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Before i contact DIMIA

Before i contact DIMIA

Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:09 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Before i contact DIMIA

Does anyone know what docs i need to take with me to ensure i can get back into auz when i return from my Christmas in the UK?

I came over on a temp spouse visa, have since received PR, but they didn't stuck anything in my passport to say so, just have a letter. I have also since changed passport, as my old one expired.. so my current passport has nothing in it to say i have any right to come back in the country.

Do i just take the PR letter, and my old (invalid stamped) passport, in addition to my new passport?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:33 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Before i contact DIMIA

Hey mate I have just got PR (de-facto spouse visa) and I got a brand new sticker in my passport. Are you sure you dont need to head to the local DIMIA office to get the new sticker inserted in to your passport?

Originally Posted by PeteY
Does anyone know what docs i need to take with me to ensure i can get back into auz when i return from my Christmas in the UK?

I came over on a temp spouse visa, have since received PR, but they didn't stuck anything in my passport to say so, just have a letter. I have also since changed passport, as my old one expired.. so my current passport has nothing in it to say i have any right to come back in the country.

Do i just take the PR letter, and my old (invalid stamped) passport, in addition to my new passport?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:39 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Hey mate I have just got PR (de-facto spouse visa) and I got a brand new sticker in my passport. Are you sure you dont need to head to the local DIMIA office to get the new sticker inserted in to your passport?
Hmm, i think i will give them a call...

Thanks.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteY
Hmm, i think i will give them a call...

Thanks.
Hi Pete,
Go to your local DIMA office, with the passport and the letter, and they will put a sticker in for you for free
So you made the PR at last too - got mine in April