Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beenliegh and Eagleby --

Beenliegh and Eagleby --

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beenliegh and Eagleby --

Any honnest opinions on Beenleigh and Eagleby aresa would be appreciated. Or how about any of the nearby areas?

We've only been to the CBD of Brisbane so have no idea at all?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:54 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beenliegh and Eagleby --

Originally posted by asfry
Any honnest opinions on Beenleigh and Eagleby aresa would be appreciated. Or how about any of the nearby areas?

Honestly speakin NOT my cup of TEA !
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:58 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Beenliegh and Eagleby --

My uncle owns a very large farm in Yatala, just down the road, virtually a suburb of Beenleigh.
Great rail (cheap) connections to Brisbane from Beenleigh etc.
It is getting pretty built up around Beenleigh, (to Aussie standards) though.

Also handy for the Gold Coast

PJ
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

All I want is to know some areas to look at for property that are ok, ie safe and low crime rates and reasonably priced. I'm not expecting a palace, far from it. bearing in mind we'll be moving from a two bed terraced house in a cheshire working town.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:17 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

All I want is to know some areas to look at for property that are ok, ie safe and low crime rates and reasonably priced. I'm not expecting a palace, far from it. bearing in mind we'll be moving from a two bed terraced house in a cheshire working town.
Yup, got you now, Beenleigh very built up and commercial but the surrounding areas/townships OK not as great as Northern Suburbs but certainly worth a look
PJ
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:19 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would not want to live in either of them. I have lived in Loganlea, which is next to Woodridge. They say that Woodridge was put there to make Loganlea look a bit better. Woodridge always seems to be full of a mix of working class and dole bludgers. Eagleby is similar - without the workers.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:20 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr no offence Jacko, but Yatala living on a farm is quite different to living in Beenleigh or Eagleby IMO.

You couldnt PAY me to live in Eagleby :scared: :scared: :scared: .
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:23 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Errrr no offence Jacko, but Yatala living on a farm is quite different to living in Beenleigh or Eagleby IMO.

You couldnt PAY me to live in Eagleby :scared: :scared: :scared: .
Well yes, but I have no idea what they are looking for.

I agree not my cup of tea either.

PJ
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:25 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

And I should add that I realise that not everyone can afford to live in the nicest suburbs - but there are other "cheap" suburbs that are bordering on nicer areas and have more chance of improving. If you can get the worst house in a better suburb it will always be better than the nicest house in a crap suburb.

Went to a comedy club last year, one of the comics said:

"I was stopped for speeding the other day going though Eagleby. The policeman flagged me down and asked 'do you have a good reason for driving so fast?', I replied 'look around'"

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jacko1
Well yes, but I have no idea what they are looking for.

I agree not my cup of tea either.

PJ
have you been to Yatala? We go down through there ever week to our boat as its moored down that way, my cousin owns the bait & tackle/servo there, if you've been there then you will probably know it .
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:29 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

have you been to Yatala? We go down through there ever week to our boat as its moored down that way, my cousin owns the bait & tackle/servo there, if you've been there then you will probably know it .
My uncles place runs down to the river, and yes been there. Other rellies owned the land that the old folks place was built on the name escapes me , it was built in the eighties I believe.

PJ
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Mrs D
Someone told me you get lovely pies there
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:33 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Jacko1
My uncles place runs down to the river, and yes been there. Other rellies owned the land that the old folks place was built on the name escapes me , it was built in the eighties I believe.

PJ
His place must be down behind the Gem, he would know my cousin then for sure, right next to the pub .
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by debsy
Mrs D
Someone told me you get lovely pies there
Debsy, yep great pies, worth stopping for . They do all sorts & you can eat at the pie shop & get things like mushy peas & mash to go with the pie

(sorry, dragging the thread off topic )
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Debsy, yep great pies, worth stopping for . They do all sorts & you can eat at the pie shop & get things like mushy peas & mash to go with the pie

(sorry, dragging the thread off topic )
oops yes sorry mate.
Oh well at least you will be able to get yourself a decent pie though if you go there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.