Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been in WA 6 weeks!

Wikiposts

Been in WA 6 weeks!

Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Been in WA 6 weeks!

Thanks for that Sarah

very informative and congratulations, keep us updated on the pregnancy etc as we want to add to our family on arrival in Perth!

Good to know about mortgage as we will stay with friends on arrival then look to purchase straight away as we know the area.

Keep us posted with all your news

Teresa
Old Jun 4th 2003, 9:04 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah - thanks for post -keep 'em coming.

Would be interested to know about costs, periods of quarantine, etc for the dog.

Also have you had to look at schools in the area - have you any other children?

Hope all keeps going well for you.
Regards
Kate
Old Jun 4th 2003, 9:32 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Sounds as if your settling well sarah..
Im using golden arrow shippers for our dog..i hope she does well as your did...

kevwalt...the dog needs to stay in quarantine for 30 days. it needs cwertain vaccination boosters and a microchip..then blood tests 28 days prior to going but the company that we are using will tell us when to get things done,,,,seem very professional..email me if you want telephone number
Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that Sarah !
We have just received our visa's and hope to be in Perth for Autumn.
Conrats on the pregnancy and the very best of luck on the job front !
Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we go again.

1. Someone with couple of months experience posts "great here" and everyone says "great post, good to hear real experience".

2. Emigrant posts, in a couple of months, "Mmmmm, just had a problem with..." or "don't like ...." and the replies become "Oh dear. Well, thanks for the real replies, keep trying".

3. Emigrant posts "I am not sure about it here, can't find a job, thinking of going back" and now it is "Don't be negative" and "You are becoming a whinger".

4. Emigrant says "no, really, think about it more before you come, it is not all beer and skittles" and the replies are "negative whinger" and then, "you are going on my ban list".

You do not see everyone's trajectory on here because people join at different stages.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Here we go again.

3. Emigrant posts "I am not sure about it here, can't find a job, thinking of going back" and now it is "Don't be negative" and "You are becoming a whinger".

4. Emigrant says "no, really, think about it more before you come, it is not all beer and skittles" and the replies are "negative whinger" and then, "you are going on my ban list".
Not at all. What most people take offense to is being classed as 'deluded' etc. I can't be arsed to trawl through all you're recent posts but I'll hazard a guess that you may be guilty of this! Most people here appreciate constructive posts of any kind, positive or negative, (key-word being 'constructive' Wilf!) ......although I have noticed a couple of yours being quite useful, they're just hard to find!
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Gra.B
Not at all. What most people take offense to is being classed as 'deluded' etc. I can't be arsed to trawl through all you're recent posts but I'll hazard a guess that you may be guilty of this! Most people here appreciate constructive posts of any kind, positive or negative, (key-word being 'constructive' Wilf!) ......although I have noticed a couple of yours being quite useful, they're just hard to find!
Don't take it the wrong way son but so many people are prats believing that Oz and NZ are gonna be easier life than the UK. They need telling in no uncertain terms. You think constructive is the same as positive. It ain't. Get an education.

Last edited by Wilf; Jun 4th 2003 at 12:24 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

....You think constructive is the same as positive. It ain't. Get an education.
How d'you figure that out? Read it again..
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Here we go again.

1. Someone with couple of months experience posts "great here" and everyone says "great post, good to hear real experience".

You do not see everyone's trajectory on here because people join at different stages.
Well I've been out here 10 years and I still think it's GREAT, so great that I've never even considerded going back home to the UK.

At least when PB whinges he also posts usefull information, you just seem to moan about everything. Your obviously embarrased about where you are living as you don't include it in your profile.

Just because your dreams have turned to Sh*t, don't try and ruin everyone elses.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:40 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Well I've been out here 10 years and I still think it's GREAT, so great that I've never even considerded going back home to the UK.

At least when PB whinges he also posts usefull information, you just seem to moan about everything. Your obviously embarrased about where you are living as you don't include it in your profile.

Just because your dreams have turned to Sh*t, don't try and ruin everyone elses.
I shall stop the usefull stuff at once this is a blot on my record , please prove it.
Nice post but comes down to no work and already in debt . stuck down at the arse end of Perth sounds like tough times ahead?
Ps The Welfare here give no help with mortgages but will give rent assistance.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 4th 2003 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Thankfully a useful post to read not just bickering.

I think one thing can be assumed about aussie banks tho, No job been in country 6 weeks and got a mortage. Yep the streets are paved with gold the banks chuck it at you, bit scary really.

Husbands brother went in for $200,000 and got offered approval up to $800,000!!!!
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by dotty
Thankfully a useful post to read not just bickering.

I think one thing can be assumed about aussie banks tho, No job been in country 6 weeks and got a mortage. Yep the streets are paved with gold the banks chuck it at you, bit scary really.

Husbands brother went in for $200,000 and got offered approval up to $800,000!!!!
You are the dotty that I was supposed to be yesterday so I must be talking to myself, but anyway.

They have only been here 6 weeks and think that no jobs yet is normal. My family (born in Oz with Ozzie accents and schooling) get jobs in England much quicker than that and it shows the state of things here. They will be lucky to get something in less than 6 months that isn't temporary or pays kids money.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:05 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by FOX
Hi all,
it is possible to get one as soon as you get here without a job, it is what is known as a low doc loan, basically we had to put 35% deposit down and you take the responsibility for the loan. They wanted to know what jobs we had had in the UK, they took some work references, and that is pretty much it. You sign to say that you believe that you will be able to get an adequate income to service the loan, and ultimately if you don't, well you know what happens!! It is a relatively new type of mortgage I believe, we found out about it through a mortgage broker (Mortage choice, they are throughout WA) I don't think it is the kind of thing the banks will readily tell you about.

Sarah
Hi There, Congratulations on the pregnancy!! We live in Dianella and have been here 3 months. We have been told that my husband needs to be in his permanent job for at least 3 months before we can purchase a house. Have you got a phone number of the financial 'man' you used so we can enquire? Bet you glad you have bought, makes it feel more like home!!? Hope everything goes well, We haven't been to Mandurah yet but may take a trip there soon.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:40 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
Hi There, Congratulations on the pregnancy!! We live in Dianella and have been here 3 months. We have been told that my husband needs to be in his permanent job for at least 3 months before we can purchase a house. Have you got a phone number of the financial 'man' you used so we can enquire? Bet you glad you have bought, makes it feel more like home!!? Hope everything goes well, We haven't been to Mandurah yet but may take a trip there soon.

I do not want to pop your your ballon , but these type of mortgages are high risk and you could end up with a pup.
The lenders need a work record or how will they know you can find the repayments , there was a goverment opinion called Key Start that ripped off many a dreamer who ended up with a high rate of interest and a bigger debt.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 4th 2003 at 6:54 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:47 pm
Banned

Originally posted by janeyray

Try this Lo Doc Loans?

The Western Australian small business community have been one of the biggest beneficiaries of this new home loan package which has been developed for people who want to organise a home loan even though they have limited documentation to prove financial income.

http://www.themortgagegallery.com.au...?page=2&nid=31

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.