Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

been there, don't do it

been there, don't do it

Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:42 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: been there, don't do it

Originally posted by *(*
Just found this forum after being to Oz.
Perth to be precise. Beau place, folk alotty strange. dont talk !!
To be blunt - if you have family in Uk and are close.....dont do it.
You'll miss em too much. Great weather, beaches. Not enough .

Your post contains the classic ExPats error: Condescension.

Surprise: emigration was not for you, its only for a tiny minority and you were not among that number.

However, rephrased and expanded, YOUR experience just might be a valuable contribution.

I invite you to post more details about YOU and YOUR experience, based on the assumption that YOU are an INDIVIDUAL with PERSONAL preferences and that YOU might share PERSONAL preferences more akin the those of the MAJORITY who do not emigrate or the ~50% of British emigrants for whom emigration is not suited.

Australia does not need or want unhappy emigrants.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:47 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: been there, don't do it

Originally posted by Megalania
Condescension.
Surely not?? I've never seen this displayed on this fine board before!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

If this is truely a new member who has just found this board, why isn't he questioning why people are calling him PB and why isn't he asking who is PB???
Even if it's not PB it's someone who's been on here before.

Anyway if you are really what you say, please give us some more info, or don't, because I'm going there anyway, and if people base their decisions on posts like this, then they haven't researched enough themselves.

Why didn't I just ignore this post....................
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who are you?????

vee ave vays of making you talk!!!!

:scared:
booboo
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Been there, been here, going back there again....

booboo
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

me to! me to! can't wait!
A will call you later, need to catch up!!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

im going to bed now for a snooze. wil be up and about sfter lunch!!!! Bad night last night.....

booboo the knackered
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:01 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Nah it's not PB - grammar's too good.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its dotty in communicardo, lets face it pb was never a coward and was never afraid to recieve back what he dished out!!!

ellen1
Old Oct 1st 2003, 3:25 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ellen fedulow
i think its dotty in communicardo, lets face it pb was never a coward and was never afraid to recieve back what he dished out!!!

ellen1
Yes i reckon PB would continue posting with his old name.

I would really be interested to hear how he's doing though......
Old Oct 1st 2003, 4:31 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by *(*
ol am sayin is...better the devil u no.
u get sick of the weather and the constant sunshine.
u DONT sit in the sunshine and you \do pray for a cloudy/rainy day.
Better with the 4 seasons.
xx
No, YOU got sick of the weather, YOU prayed for a rainy day....doesn't mean that we all will. Just because it didn't work for you, don't assume it won't work for others. I think, maybe partly, that it is this attitude and lack of logical thinking that brought you home as one who couldn't make it.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you've been there and are back, so the rest of us can go and make up our own minds.

You are the weakest link!!!

Goodbye
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

*(()*Hey Blurt You must have sat and watched for me logging off last night how clever.Your answer to my last posting was exactly
3 mins after me logging off .
Yes I spent six years in Aus Elizabeth just outside Adelaide,My wife was also born there.She lived all over as her Father moved with his job(Prisons).
I don't particulally like the sun.so I'm not chasing the weather.
I am going to give my kids another option,if we don't like it I will return and admit that I FAILED.If as my kids grow older and decide they wish to return to the U.K. I will support them not KNOCK THEM DOWN.Wind your neck in and get a life or get on quietly with the little sad one you have,wallowing in self pity,because you couldn't hack it
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:43 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

and there he was.....gone.....4 posts and then......silence.....

give us some facts to back up your story mate.......many of us ARE interested in why you failed so miserably......and became so bitter and twisted in the process.....you must either be a typical brit-lager-lout-abroad and got the back up the aussies so much thety booted you out, or are a reeeel diamond geezer who missed 'is old mam and just had to come home to hold her hand.........
(am I any closer to getting todays wooden spoon award yet?!!!??)

c'mon, whoever you are, tell us.....!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys.... put your handbags away eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.