Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Been here 9 weeks now

Been here 9 weeks now

Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:40 am
joveazey

Default Been here 9 weeks now

Hi all,

We have been here since 14th May now and are loving it. Only problem so far is that Mark got laid off on Friday and has a week's notice ! Not great timing as he is going back to the UK on the 1st August for a wedding so apart from the obvious money situation, it's going to be hard to get something else until he returns. I can't believe it, I am really settling well, better than him, he misses his mates, so this is a bit of a blow. It's weird here how builders work because of the union, they told them last Monday that there was 9 mths work at the site they're on and then on Friday gave 5 of them a week's notice ! Apparently the foreman on the site can't take them on because they are in the union (which they HAD to join to even begin work). It's all a bit strange here. Oh well, something will turn up. We have been living in our house in Kingsley for a month at the end of this week and it feels like ours already and we are finding our way around the area now. My mum and dad are coming over in November and some friends are coming for Christmas so all is looking good apart from the job sitch.

Anyone looking for hard working machine driver/form work/steel fixing bloke, please let me know !!!!

Jo

Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: Been here 9 weeks now

Hi Jo,

Can't help in the job situation but just wanted to say that I hope things work out ok for you, I'm sure they will. There is so much building going on in North Perth hubby won't be out of work long. We were over in January and its booming up that way. I have two sisters in Perth and thats where we hope to settle too.

Keep positive and enjoy having your rellies over.

Bye for now.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:19 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

That union thing sounds confused, best of luck to other half finding something else. Glad to hear that you are settling in, the best of luck to you both.

Nicky
Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:58 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get me started on Unions
Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:59 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that news but hang in there, I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.