Bedding

Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bedding

Have got the chance to get some really nice new bedding.

Is it worth it or is it quite cheap in Perth.
Looking at double quilts, and covers, curtains etc
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:50 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a post about this recently from someone already in Oz. They reckon that bedding, quilts and the like are actually expensive over there compared to here.

Cannot remember for the life of me who posted but it was within the last week (I think)
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Working on the theory that Perth prices are like Brisbane - get all the quilts you can! Went looking at duvets/doonas last week - $110, and another $60 for the cover!

(think we posted at the same time Ina! It was me that you are thinking of!!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 30th 2004 at 10:55 am.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:01 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

Pollyana

Its always you I am thinking of........hehehehehe
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh another one I've bewitched
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

We have a local market on a Saturday.

For a tenner you get, quilt cover, sheet, pillowcase AND curtains.
OK, not exactly the quality of Marks and Spencers, but for a tenner who cares!!!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:16 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

Indeed P,

Hex'd and under the spell.

(Sorry for hijacking by the way....although I did give a bit of info so I feel a bit less guilty)
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
We have a local market on a Saturday.

For a tenner you get, quilt cover, sheet, pillowcase AND curtains.
OK, not exactly the quality of Marks and Spencers, but for a tenner who cares!!!
Is that Gosport market Sandra? I still haven't gone yet, must get me arse in gear. I bought some stuff in Peacocks, bit pricey, but our duvets looked old and didn't want to put off buyers. Woolies has got bedding on sale too, got sprog new quilt and covers.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

yep, Gosport market.

I know that are not brill quality, you pay for what you get, but intend getting the boys double beds so gonna get cheap bedding just for starters. Might go this saturday actually!!!!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bedding

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Have got the chance to get some really nice new bedding.

Is it worth it or is it quite cheap in Perth.
Looking at double quilts, and covers, curtains etc
bring your quilts
we have hunted for a good one here and cant find one.
we ended up puttin 2 on our bed, but its still not the same.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:05 pm
Home and Happy

Thats true; they don't sell them by togs, they are just "quilts" and they don't keep the heat in quite the same as a good old duvet. I brought mine, but now have a bigger bed - with an expensive, but cheap-quality doona on it.
Likewise with curtains, sheets, all that kind of thing; have bought very little, but I've looked at the prices and they are scary.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Thats true; they don't sell them by togs, they are just "quilts" and they don't keep the heat in quite the same as a good old duvet. I brought mine, but now have a bigger bed - with an expensive, but cheap-quality doona on it.
Likewise with curtains, sheets, all that kind of thing; have bought very little, but I've looked at the prices and they are scary.
thanx i was beginin' to think i was mad
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:21 pm
Home and Happy

I think maybe the Aussies are used to sheets and blankets still, My Bloke always puts a sheet on the bed as well as the doona - very odd. You're certainly not mad - bedding here ain't what it was over there!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
I think maybe the Aussies are used to sheets and blankets still, My Bloke always puts a sheet on the bed as well as the doona - very odd. You're certainly not mad - bedding here ain't what it was over there!

I'm beginning to wonder if Aus is the place for us LOL. BTW do you have to have DUVETS cleaned/fumigated (I am clean, honest) before sending? AQIS seem to fumigate everything from what I can gather.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:09 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

i'v just been to fenwicks sale and purchased some new covers and one of these 2 in 1 duvets told my self very expensive in aus and should stock up while i still can hehe any excuse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.