Bed sizes?

Old Mar 30th 2003, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future
Default Bed sizes?

Are the bed sizes the same as the UK?

We are considering taking our children’s single beds but not taking the mattresses as they are fairly worn. We are assuming that we will be able to buy new mattresses when we get out there but are they the same size as the UK?

Mike.
Old Mar 30th 2003, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

we were only talking about this this morning!!!

- anyone know!?

Hazel
Old Mar 30th 2003, 3:31 pm
Moose on the Move

moosifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ikea's sizes are the same as they are in the UK - although they are about 6" bigger than "standard" UK sizes.

That probably doesn't help much tho!
Old Mar 30th 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bed sizes?

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
Are the bed sizes the same as the UK?

We are considering taking our children’s single beds but not taking the mattresses as they are fairly worn. We are assuming that we will be able to buy new mattresses when we get out there but are they the same size as the UK?

Mike.
Double and queen appears to be the same size

http://www.treetops.com.au/furniture2.html

Thanks

Terry
Old Mar 30th 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

thx for that site terry

I found 'Mattress sizes - Single 915 x 1890mm, Double 1370 x 1890mm, Queen 1530 x 2030mm. King 1830 x 2030mm. '

Now all i have to do is go and measure the kids beds !!!
wendy
Old Mar 30th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
thx for that site terry

I found 'Mattress sizes - Single 915 x 1890mm, Double 1370 x 1890mm, Queen 1530 x 2030mm. King 1830 x 2030mm. '

Now all i have to do is go and measure the kids beds !!!
wendy
Single Mattress size in Uk is 90cm x 190 cm

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/commer...cgrfnbr=774409
Old Mar 31st 2003, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

As a matter of interest I brought over our king size UK doona when we emigrated and have never been able to buy Aussie quilt covers that fit it properly. I finally gave up and bought an Aussie king size quilt and now my bedding fits perfectly.

I have a queen size water bed, but I am told it is the same size as a UK king size. Not too sure about that - all I know is it is a bugger to put a sheet on - have to use king size - but in 44 years on this planet it is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!

If in Adelaide - go to Bedroom Showcase - they really give great service and heaps of advice on beds with no pressure to buy. I used the store at Noarlunga, and saw David.

www.bedroomshowcase.com.au
Old Mar 31st 2003, 8:37 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by wizzywozza
As a matter of interest I brought over our king size UK doona when we emigrated and have never been able to buy Aussie quilt covers that fit it properly. I finally gave up and bought an Aussie king size quilt and now my bedding fits perfectly.

I have a queen size water bed, but I am told it is the same size as a UK king size. Not too sure about that - all I know is it is a bugger to put a sheet on - have to use king size - but in 44 years on this planet it is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!

If in Adelaide - go to Bedroom Showcase - they really give great service and heaps of advice on beds with no pressure to buy. I used the store at Noarlunga, and saw David.

www.bedroomshowcase.com.au
We have an Aussie super king size bed and its an absolute whopper. Want to take it back to the UK but dont think we'll find a flat big enough for the thing and it takes us well over our 'paid for' shipping allowance.
So, like almost everything else, its for sale. Any takers?
Old Mar 31st 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to a hotel last week and as I had a bad cold, we thought it best to get a twin room, so as not to disturb my wife in the night.

I asked the receptionist for a twin room, and after checking the computer she said "I'll put you in room 15 - theres a pair of queens in that one"

I couldn't believe it. I said "Well, get them fellas out of there"

The cheek of some people !