Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Becoming Obsessed

Becoming Obsessed

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:36 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Becoming Obsessed

We only decided about a month ago to make the move over to Oz, and since then very little has happened apart from me renewing my passport and downloading all the forms.

Is it normal, this early on to be so obsessed with the idea of going to Australia.

I'm not just thinking about the visa, its really silly things that I have ages to sort out, ie shall i take my new sofas, we'll have to get dans dad to get us a kettle and some cups, what bank will I go with, how much will I spend on rent and on and on and on. These are things I dont need to even think about yet, I havent even applied for the visa. Please tell me I'm not insane
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:37 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Becoming Obsessed

Yes it is normal and only gets worse through the long periods of waiting for things to happen....

Join the club!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:41 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We only decided about a month ago to make the move over to Oz, and since then very little has happened apart from me renewing my passport and downloading all the forms.

Is it normal, this early on to be so obsessed with the idea of going to Australia.

I'm not just thinking about the visa, its really silly things that I have ages to sort out, ie shall i take my new sofas, we'll have to get dans dad to get us a kettle and some cups, what bank will I go with, how much will I spend on rent and on and on and on. These are things I dont need to even think about yet, I havent even applied for the visa. Please tell me I'm not insane
The next step up the ladder is limbo

Enjoy being obsessed you get alot of your research done during this phase

Sel x
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:45 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel

Sel x
LOL LOL, you are spot on.
Oh but to end this Limbo
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:48 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sel

Sel x
I agree with Sel. At the start there is a nervous excitement about it all. Anticipating all the things you mention are 'way off in the future' and are exciting prospects.

In reality, when you come to actually carry out any of the actions they prove to be quite stressful and all encompassing. I keep thinking back to the phrase; 'The chase is more exciting than the catch' (or words to that effect).

My excitement level is back on the up now that is nearing the time for departure, and all the worrying over medicals, police checks, visa applications now all seems worth it!

Rob
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:56 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and forgot to mention the major jealousy you feel when you read the "We got it" threads , even though you feel really pleased for them at the same time cos they have had to go through it all to get there.

Cant wait for the day I can write that, still ages away ....... limbo is horrible.....

Sel x
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:02 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
LOL LOL, you are spot on.
Oh but to end this Limbo
found out loads from this excellent forum. Limbo, aaarrrggghhh :scared:

what a nightmare. now to sell the flat and go!!!

Paul
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
These are things I dont need to even think about yet, I havent even applied for the visa. Please tell me I'm not insane
Well, either you aren't insane, or we are ALL insane, because we all do the same thing.

I prefer to think it's the former.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hiya

I have been wanting to move to Australia for about 3 years now- I first downloaded the forms back in May of 2003 and I think i found and joined this forum in September 2003.

I was and still am obsessed !!!! It never leaves you- actually it probably will when I get there but then knowing me I will find something else to obsess about !!!

Well hopefully if the house sale goes thru I will be there in 9 weeks and can stop obsessing !!!!

Good luck with your obsession- it will all be worth it in the end !!!!

Nat