Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Becoming an impending immie has made me depressed.

Becoming an impending immie has made me depressed.

Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Becoming an impending immie has made me depressed.

The thought of going back to the UK is depressing me

My happy little self has been swamped under a trail of removal companies, visa stamps for husbands etc, dog immigration queries, house selling enquiries (you think selling one is a nightmare ) Business sales, how to get rid of several years of crap accumulation. Car disposal.

Then I have to check the dollar every three minutes to see its still worth something. Then people try pee on my dream life in the UK by filling it with lies about grey skies/ romanian immies/ and bean prices now being 20p a can.

If only they had "Life in a dull damp place" shows to keep me going"

Stress tell me about it
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

fear not - 'Uncle Tony' is at the helm and everything is going to be really great.

And if he should lose the election there's that nice Michael Howard fella as a slightly less war mad alternative.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by RichS
fear not - 'Uncle Tony' is at the helm and everything is going to be really great.

And if he should lose the election there's that nice Michael Howard fella as a slightly less war mad alternative.
Tough call, but between them and Howard or Lardarse no contest.

Besides UK has its good points, cheap Romanian cleaning ladies for a start, all I can get here , "Pooch mobile, kwick clean, trim and weed, Pool Cool and Kleen" , all of which involve a new arrival and a trailer. What is it with trailers here?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:42 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been reading the board "moving back to the uk" and I know its only my opinion but I cannot imagine anyone at all getting excited at the thought of moving back there.

Im off there next month and I am absolutely dreading it, just the thought turns my stomach.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Ive been reading the board "moving back to the uk" and I know its only my opinion but I cannot imagine anyone at all getting excited at the thought of moving back there.

Im off there next month and I am absolutely dreading it, just the thought turns my stomach.
Where are you going to in the UK?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Youve been on this board too long , reading the thoughts of people trying to justify leaving would put anyone off.

Which bit are you going too? Holiday? Deportation? Why so horrified:scared:
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:49 am
Merlot

I suppose it depends on what you are going back for and your reasons. Must be tough if the decision to move to the UK is not yours, maybe a partners or work.

I am so excited about my trip to the UK as there are heaps of things happening when we get back, taking me through the UK summer.

Maybe after that my UK Rose Tinted Specs will drop off, but til then I will live for the moment!

Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Becoming an impending immie has made me depressed.

Originally posted by dotty

My happy little self has been swamped under a trail of removal companies, visa stamps for husbands etc, dog immigration queries, house selling enquiries (you think selling one is a nightmare ) Business sales, how to get rid of several years of crap accumulation. Car disposal.

Then I have to check the dollar every three minutes to see its still worth something. Then people try pee on my dream life in the UK by filling it with lies about grey skies/ romanian immies/ and bean prices now being 20p a can.

Stress tell me about it

Stress tell me about it
"poor , poor you"... I'll think of you when you're in depressing, over populated with immos, can't find a beach, it's raining too much, houses are expensive Britain while I'm here in wonderful Aus , big 'ouses , beaches and sun and everything is free, and where men are men, and women are women

seriously good luck, can't wait to do the same thing myself

cheers
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:52 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Youve been on this board too long , reading the thoughts of people trying to justify leaving would put anyone off.

Which bit are you going too? Holiday? Deportation? Why so horrified:scared:
Im undecided as to where Im going to be in the UK. Im from Wales and will probably start there but will end up in England where the pay is better for my trade.

I explained to bondipom last night why Im leaving but basically 20 months here on a 3 month visa, going to auckland every 3 months, Ive had enough and going back to get sorted so I can return legally. I have 19 month old son here.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Stress tell me about it

Dotty...... just being a nosey old thing what are your plans when you get back, you dont seem like someone without a plan....
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jeannie
Dotty...... just being a nosey old thing what are your plans when you get back, you dont seem like someone without a plan....
Actually we cant even agree on where to live. I am taking one step at a time. Get organised, get out, enjoy myself, travel a bit.

We have allowed ourselves around $80,000 to live on and about a year to fully understand the UK again before rushing into any business plan. If it sorts itself out before then thats great, but if it takes time we wont be disappointed. We may well take jobs just to save dipping into the above money.

All I want now tho is to kill those people who say "why dont you just go back" Like as if it takes about a day to get out
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Ceri
and everything is free , and where men are men, and women are women
What country are you in ?

Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Supposing you had to fill out the application form to enter the UK, be prepared to answer the following:

7.21 “Have you ever been concerned in the commission, preparation, organization or support of acts of terrorism, either within or outside the United Kingdom or have you ever been a member of an organization which has been involved in or advocated terrorism in furtherance of its aims?
7.22 Have you ever been concerned in the commission, preparation or organization of genocide or crimes, including crimes against humanity and war crimes, committed in the course of armed conflict?

If you have answered yes to questions 7.21 or 7.22, please give details below.

One can only speculate on the replies and subsequent outcomes.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so excited about my trip to the UK as there are heaps of things happening when we get back, taking me through the UK summer.

Who said anything about summer in britain. Last year was hot, but that was just a fluke..
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:38 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by S Oldfield

Who said anything about summer in britain. Last year was hot, but that was just a fluke..

Hi Sandra

My understanding of Summer is a name of a season as it is here in Oz. Our current Australian summer made me run for the woollies and socks on Monday, so under no illusions.

I am excited about being with my family after many years - we have weddings, birthdays, Euro 2004, European trips, etc, etc. Bugger whether it is sunny or not! I am not a lover of the sun.

In saying that, if it is as nice as last year - BONUS!

Thanks for the post.

Merlot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.