Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

becoming a bit depressed...

becoming a bit depressed...

Old May 29th 2004, 9:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Unhappy becoming a bit depressed...

So the post has been today already, nothing about my visa, the waiting game continues until Tuesday......

.... Dont know how all you skilled app's manage to wait for so long!! Its been 5 weeks today since I originally sent my application in. Other people who applied after me have their visas already - wish I knew what the hold up was. Long have gone the days when I've come home from work and eagerly checked the post for something from AHC

Ah well, sorry to be so down - shall go out shopping, a bit of retail always picks me up & come back a happier wannabe expat this afternoon
Old May 29th 2004, 9:19 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Hang in there! We'll be all having a drink and marvelling about the whole thing in Brisbane soon!
Old May 29th 2004, 9:23 am
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: becoming a bit depressed...

Originally posted by mlbonner
So the post has been today already, nothing about my visa, the waiting game continues until Tuesday......

.... Dont know how all you skilled app's manage to wait for so long!! Its been 5 weeks today since I originally sent my application in. Other people who applied after me have their visas already - wish I knew what the hold up was. Long have gone the days when I've come home from work and eagerly checked the post for something from AHC

Ah well, sorry to be so down - shall go out shopping, a bit of retail always picks me up & come back a happier wannabe expat this afternoon
I'm realy sad that you have not got your visa yet. We both sent our applications at nearly the same time and I got mine within weeks even with a category B medical and I can't imagine what is holding yours up. Have you got the name of your case officer? Maybe you should send a letter/email to ask what is happening.
I check ever so often to see if you have got yours. I hope you hear something soon.

Thinking of you,

David
Old May 29th 2004, 9:24 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

The longer it takes to come, the better the celebration!!!

Hang in there and all will be good!
Old May 29th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm 2 1/2 weeks down the line from them receiving my Spouse visa application. Still heard nothing!

You can't help thinking the worse can you. "Perhaps They've lost my passport."......."What if somethings wrong with the application?.......What if?........Perhaps?........etc etc etc

Hang on in there, it 'll soon be sorted
Old May 29th 2004, 9:28 am
o_0

Originally posted by PHIZA
Hi I'm 2 1/2 weeks down the line from them receiving my Spouse visa application. Still heard nothing!

You can't help thinking the worse can you. "Perhaps They've lost my passport."......."What if somethings wrong with the application?.......What if?........Perhaps?........etc etc etc

Sent my wife's off about that long ago as well. They've taken their cash, and that's about it. No requests for anything else or acknowledgements. Washington doesn't get anywhere near the apps London does for partner visas either.

It's a public holiday here in the US on Monday as well (Memorial Day).
Old May 29th 2004, 9:39 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

awe cheer up sweetie......its when u stop lookign for it thats when it comes

Things could be worse, you could be stuck in the BB hoose with that shower ov MUPPETS!!!!!!
Old May 29th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PHIZA

Post just arrived, and with it my Acknowledgement of receipt of application at AHC!

It advises me of my File Ref. No. and Case Officer who tells me that he "aims to finalise the processing of your visa as quickly as possible"

So at least things seem to be moving.

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get the visa after this letter of acknowledgement.
Old May 29th 2004, 10:51 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Don't worry about being down
Once you realise itr, it's time to cheer yourself up

Pop around and see the family, have a cup of tea or a meal with them and talk about all the good things and goiod times, go shopping and buy all the things you think you will need and then take them home and play with them!!!

Get the TV on and watch a bit of Rex Hunt. (works for me and I don't fish!)

Snuggle up with your partner and feel the love

That should cheer you up.
It's all like a watched kettle, the more you won't it the longer it takes.

Bye
Mark
Old May 29th 2004, 11:51 am
earlswood

Originally posted by biggy
awe cheer up sweetie......its when u stop lookign for it thats when it comes

Things could be worse, you could be stuck in the BB hoose with that shower ov MUPPETS!!!!!!

Tooo right biggy!!!!

I will have to have Marco assasinated before the weekend is out

Old May 29th 2004, 12:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ML, stick with it.
As the guys have said the longer the wait, the sweeter the success
Old May 29th 2004, 12:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Awwwwwh, you guys are the best.... I think I'm welling-up

Big positive thoughts going on now... hopefully I'll hear something next week - think its made harder because my partner is back at work in Brisbane at the moment and I just want to be with him

Okay... *deep breath* I'm off to call up some friends to arrange a girlie night out I think - that'll take my mind of it

Thanks everyone
Old May 29th 2004, 12:09 pm
o_0

Have fun and have a drink for us!
Old May 29th 2004, 12:28 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by Ulujain
Have fun and have a drink for us!

I will, its all arranged.... people of Cheshire watch out tonight, there's 5 girls out on a mission
Old May 29th 2004, 12:43 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't panic. Bad news always travels quicker than good news, so it's unlikely there's anything wrong. Probably just on a go-slow because if the BH weekend, and isn't there some June deadline that always makes things slow up at this time of year? Can't remember. But it'll be fine, don't worry.

I know what you mean about being depressed about the whole thing. There we were, all poised to lodge the application when my mum got sick and now I have to wait a whole year before we apply!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.