Reload this Page >

Beauty Therapists

Beauty Therapists

Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

HayleyDamerell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Beauty Therapists

Hi all.
My family and myself are hoping to emigrate to Perth next year. I am a fully qualified BTEC national diploma beauty and massage therapist, with 6 years spa experience, and wondering if my qualifications are recognised in oz.....or do I have to retrain?? Also if I have to retrain can this be done in the uk or oz?? Any info on this matter would be appreciated!! thanks, Hayley
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Re: Beauty Therapists

Hi Hayley, sorry cant help you at all but do have a question for you!

Do you do Bio sculpture nails?? We are heading to Perth next year and its the little things that ii now need to start looking in to!!!

Wherabouts are you moving too?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lois1
Hi Hayley, sorry cant help you at all but do have a question for you!

Do you do Bio sculpture nails?? We are heading to Perth next year and its the little things that ii now need to start looking in to!!!

Wherabouts are you moving too?
Hi there.
We are in process at the mo....husband has skills test in April...so fingers crossed!! We are looking at quinns rock, clarkson, mindarie and surrounding areas. How about yourself?? We also have 2 boys, Ellis nearly 4 and Joseph 18 months. All very excited.
No I don't do bio sculpture but a friend of mine does, she lives in chelmsford and I believe this is where she done the course. Where are you from?? Good luck with everything
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Best of luck with his skills test, my hubby had to do one for carpentry.

Not entirely sure of what area, brain gets a bit overloaded at times doesnt it! We are going in 3 weeks for a reccie in October and staying SOR in Port Kennedy.

I live about half hour from Chelsmford!

Have 2 girls aged 4 and 7 - 7 year old is very excited, 4 year old wants to stay withnanny! - think that is more to do with that she only started school in January and finding her feet!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Best of luck with his skills test, my hubby had to do one for carpentry.

Not entirely sure of what area, brain gets a bit overloaded at times doesnt it! We are going in 3 weeks for a reccie in October and staying SOR in Port Kennedy.

I live about half hour from Chelsmford!

Have 2 girls aged 4 and 7 - 7 year old is very excited, 4 year old wants to stay withnanny! - think that is more to do with that she only started school in January and finding her feet!
My husband is also having skills test in carpentry. Were about half hour from Chelmsford too....very strange!! We live in Leigh on sea. You? How did your husband find the skills test??
We are going out in November for a few weeks to have a look too. Then hoping all goes to plan out there next year for the big move!! My eldest loves nanny too and has broken her heart telling her our plans....but this is for us and a better life for all.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:43 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HayleyDamerell
Hi all.
My family and myself are hoping to emigrate to Perth next year. I am a fully qualified BTEC national diploma beauty and massage therapist, with 6 years spa experience, and wondering if my qualifications are recognised in oz.....or do I have to retrain?? Also if I have to retrain can this be done in the uk or oz?? Any info on this matter would be appreciated!! thanks, Hayley
My ex wife was similarly qualified. They accepted her qualifications no questions asked but that was in the mid 90's
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

My husband is also having skills test in carpentry. Were about half hour from Chelmsford too....very strange!! We live in Leigh on sea. You? How did your husband find the skills test??
We are going out in November for a few weeks to have a look too. Then hoping all goes to plan out there next year for the big move!! My eldest loves nanny too and has broken her heart telling her our plans....but this is for us and a better life for all.
Hockley!!! My cousin lives in leigh, they have twins of 18 months too!

Hubby found the skills test ok, naturally a bit nervous, only because what was riding on it rather than what he had to do. He is excellent at what he does and a complete perfectionist (bit annoying at times to be honest!) and he was done by midday althought it goes on til 5 or 6. It was up north somewhere so he drove up the night before and stayed in a hotel.

Hubby took his skills test in August 2009 and visa granted this Feb! We told no one our plans until we had the visa, it was such a long winded process and hurdles that we didnt want anyone worrying in advance. When we told mother in law, she did understand and said that had she known she secretly would of been hoping all that time we didnt get it!

Planning to move next October, house going on the market end of this month, so may be earlier, but i have my elderly father which i need to make care arrangements for. Thats the only thing hinderng my excitement at the mo.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hockley!!! My cousin lives in leigh, they have twins of 18 months too!

Hubby found the skills test ok, naturally a bit nervous, only because what was riding on it rather than what he had to do. He is excellent at what he does and a complete perfectionist (bit annoying at times to be honest!) and he was done by midday althought it goes on til 5 or 6. It was up north somewhere so he drove up the night before and stayed in a hotel.

Hubby took his skills test in August 2009 and visa granted this Feb! We told no one our plans until we had the visa, it was such a long winded process and hurdles that we didnt want anyone worrying in advance. When we told mother in law, she did understand and said that had she known she secretly would of been hoping all that time we didnt get it!

Planning to move next October, house going on the market end of this month, so may be earlier, but i have my elderly father which i need to make care arrangements for. Thats the only thing hinderng my excitement at the mo.
It really is a small world!! Were actually in Eastwood but not all people know where that is, have a Leigh postcode so it's a bit confusing
Same as my husband, he's nervous about what to expect....knows he can do it all but end result and pressure of a test doesn't help. Out skills test is in London which is quite lucky as we thought he'd have to go up north. We passed our written application a few weeks ago. Well done for getting your visa.....did you get to choose Perth?? We are really hoping for Perth buy never know where your going to get placed.
You were good keeping it quiet....I'm rubbish....had to tell everyone! Although not sure what they will say if we don't get visa....probably I told you so!
Sorry to hear your father is unwell, hope he's ok.
Am going to hate the waiting process but sure it will go quickly.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

It really is a small world!! Were actually in Eastwood but not all people know where that is, have a Leigh postcode so it's a bit confusing
Same as my husband, he's nervous about what to expect....knows he can do it all but end result and pressure of a test doesn't help. Out skills test is in London which is quite lucky as we thought he'd have to go up north. We passed our written application a few weeks ago. Well done for getting your visa.....did you get to choose Perth?? We are really hoping for Perth buy never know where your going to get placed.
You were good keeping it quiet....I'm rubbish....had to tell everyone! Although not sure what they will say if we don't get visa....probably I told you so!
Sorry to hear your father is unwell, hope he's ok.
Am going to hate the waiting process but sure it will go quickly.

Yeah unless your a local not many people would know eastwood, or hockley! Was in eastwood yest, lunch with MiL at Miller & Carter!

Yeah think they have to do the written before they can do the practical. We had an agent, who from the outset advised us to go to Perth, our original choice was Adelaide - tho i dont know the reason why now?? Only that one of our friends moved there about 6 years ago. But Agent said with hubbys skills etc to go for Western Australia State Sponsorship.

Are you doing it yourselves or have you got an agent?

I'm surprised how quick it has taken but at the time it just seems forever, waiting for skills results, then all process involved in sponsorship, then waiting, then more forms, then application etc etc. Our actual application went in last May and we had a request for medicals and police check in jan, once that was done, was less than a month, but even that felt like a lifetime at that stage, the waiting is horrid!

Any reason why choosing NOR over SOR? Do like to try and get views and ideas!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know anyone from "The Only Way is Essex"
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Do you know anyone from "The Only Way is Essex"
Nope! Sorry
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nope! Sorry
Millet and carter....lovely in there. We live about 10 minutes from there!!
Yeah we have an agent working for us.....would be lost without her! Not looking forward to health checks...although we are reasonably healthy it's always a worry....if we fail on that then nothing we can do whereas written and practical can be added to or re taken!!

Not sure really why we have chosen area, a friend lives in butler and just going on recommendations at the mo. Be nice to get out there november and have a proper look. Want to be near the beach and about 45- and hour commute into city for husbands work. He is a carpenter by trade but now a site manager.
So many things to think about....another thing is shipping stuff out there....lots of people say take everything to help with the home sickness, will help children settle in too.

The only way is Essex!!! How funny that everyone thinks your either in it or know someone from it. Have to say it's more true to Epping and surrounding parts of Essex....than to us by the sea haha
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi hayley, have sent you a private message