Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beaumont Hills or Harrington Park?

Beaumont Hills or Harrington Park?

Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default Re: Beaumont Hills or Harrington Park?

Originally Posted by caliburn
After lots of internet research, we have narrowed down our Sydney suburb choices to these two, initially for renting and then buying. How do they compare in terms of commute to CBD, proximity to good public schools, shopping, safety etc.? Property prices seem reasonable (compared to northern suburbs), though Beaumont Hills is a bit dearer than Harrington Park. Given a choice, which one would you pick for a small family with kid?
I live very close to Beaumont Hills and I love the area. My hubby has got a motorbike and drives down to Blacktown to get the train. (Others in the area are Schofields, Seven Hills etc) Alternatively the Bullet Bus runs from Rouse Hill/Kellyville Ridge (very close to Beaumont Hills) and that would get you into the city quicker than the Hills bus (depending on where in the city you would want to go that is!) Rouse Hill is lovely as well, shopping centre is great. I think the whole Hills area is great for kids. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 4:58 am
Just Joined

saltmarket will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I live in Curran's Hill which is a suburb along from Harrington Park. We moved here 3 years ago from Breakfast Point (on the Parramatta River). We looked at moving north (my wife's parents lived at Quakers Hill) but chose sw sydney due to the cbd commute and potential growth. I would think that you would get more for your dollar at HP.

Camden area is the largest growth area in Australia with major developments at Spring Farm & Oran Park. Both aren't too far from HP. The Oran park development includes a new rail link. The airport line runs direct from Campbelltown / MacArthur Square to Central in 40 mins and is every 15/20 mins during rush hour. It might take a bit longer than driving but it is less stressful. Camden is a lovely little town and you're in the countryside in 5 mins. It reminds me a lot of Darenth (where I lived in the UK).

One thing I would suggest you consider is where your likely workplace will be - for example, there is a lot of IT work centered around Ryde, North Shore, Norwest so you wouldn't want to be in the SW.

w
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:48 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

...Its true there is no train line for an easy commute but this has its advantages as it keeps the numbers of the immigrants down...
Yay! Keep those immigrants out of the white suburbs!
now now Big Galah thats not nice.
Ummm... are we trying to out-irony each other?
Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I was being sarcastic with my original comment. I was suggesting that was your point. Something I don't aggree with. Hence the irony when I re-stated and "agreed" with it.

Far too much information. Now, where were we again?
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kronk
My hubby has got a motorbike and drives down to Blacktown to get the train. (Others in the area are Schofields, Seven Hills etc)
We're nearby too - quick question if I could - why does your hubby not take his bike all the way to work - I've been thinking of doing similar which is why I'm asking.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by freebo
We're nearby too - quick question if I could - why does your hubby not take his bike all the way to work - I've been thinking of doing similar which is why I'm asking.
I don't think its something he has considered doing. I'm not overally enamoured that he has a bike in the first place so I think the less miles he has to travel on it is better with me anyway!! Sorry, I think I put on a previous post that he travels to Blacktown, he goes to Seven Hills as he felt was better for parking his bike there.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kronk
I don't think its something he has considered doing. I'm not overally enamoured that he has a bike in the first place so I think the less miles he has to travel on it is better with me anyway!! Sorry, I think I put on a previous post that he travels to Blacktown, he goes to Seven Hills as he felt was better for parking his bike there.
I misunderstood - I thought he traveled to CBD like I do, and I understand - my wife's not keen on me travelling by motorbike either!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big Galah
I was being sarcastic with my original comment. I was suggesting that was your point. Something I don't aggree with. Hence the irony when I re-stated and "agreed" with it.

Far too much information. Now, where were we again?
I thought you were just being racist, really you should be careful what you write on these threads.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

I misunderstood - I thought he traveled to CBD like I do, and I understand - my wife's not keen on me travelling by motorbike either!
he just travels by bike to Seven Hills and then gets the train I think to Central in CBD. We live in Kellyville Ridge and it takes him minutes to get home, wouldn't be keen him doing the whole journey on the bike
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Beaumont Hills is full of new builds, much like neighbouring suburbs of Kellyville and Kville Ridge. Depends on what you like and your budget. For my money, I'd be trying to get closer in to Castle Hill and buying something established instead of new but that's my personal opinion.
Best of luck with it all.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jacque
Beaumont Hills is full of new builds, much like neighbouring suburbs of Kellyville and Kville Ridge. Depends on what you like and your budget. For my money, I'd be trying to get closer in to Castle Hill and buying something established instead of new but that's my personal opinion.
Best of luck with it all.
I'm sure that there are many lovely parts of Castle Hill, but some I saw appeared 'run down' rather than 'established'. I also found the plot size/house ratio in some parts of CH to be unattractive, i.e. it may be a big house but the neighboring walls are very close to your own. In the end, we started by looking in CH but ended up in Kellyville, but we do prefer new builds, so each to their own.

Last edited by freebo; Nov 9th 2010 at 12:38 am.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

I'm sure that there are many lovely parts of Castle Hill, but some I saw appeared 'run down' rather than 'established'. I also found the plot size/house ratio in some parts of CH to be unattractive, i.e. it may be a big house but the neighboring walls are very close to your own. In the end, we started by looking in CH but ended up in Kellyville, but we do prefer new builds, so each to their own.
Hi Freebo

Much like any suburb really. And new vs old is really a personal choice. Agree 100%