beaumaris!

Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:28 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Smile beaumaris!

Hi - we are hoping to get to Melbourne end of this year, and Beaumaris has been highly recommended. Is $700,00 enough to get a 3 bed house + good garden near the beach?? I am just wondering because if not then I should look else where!! Have done the realestate websearch - but not sure if houses sell way above their auction price.
thank you!
Lotte
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:34 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: beaumaris!

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi - we are hoping to get to Melbourne end of this year, and Beaumaris has been highly recommended. Is $700,00 enough to get a 3 bed house + good garden near the beach?? I am just wondering because if not then I should look else where!! Have done the realestate websearch - but not sure if houses sell way above their auction price.
thank you!
Lotte
Don't think so - but not an area I know very well.

Ask Vanessa
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:46 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you could - I did a quick search on domain and found a number of properties.

www.domain.com.au
www.realestate.com.au
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Lotte,

We've been in Beaumaris for just under a year and we love it. Fabulous area, great for beach, shops, schools and getting into Melbourne. As a result it's much in demand and properties are extremely expensive. We're currently renting and appear to be paying a small fortune. We will look to buy in a couple of years but reckon closer to $1m will be required for a 3 bed with garden and close to the beach. It all depends on how close to the beach you want to be and the condition of the house - new build or old style.

In Beaumaris and similar areas the trend has been to buy the old houses cheaply and then simply pull them down and build on the land. That has resulted in hundreds of new townhouses - executive standard and well designed but with home theatres, rumpus rooms etc but almost no garden at all. Most of these places have very very small amounts of decking out the back or a small amount of "landscaping'. We've been put off by this. It's not easy to find the house you describe.

Black Rock is the next suburb but probably suffers from the same. Mentone and Parkdale are just south and worth considering. Brighton, Hampton and Sandringham are just north on the Bay are also worth thinking about. Go slightly inland and the prices do drop - but then it's not a walk to the beach

Drop me a PM if you need any more info.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Colin

Originally Posted by charlotte
thank you!
Lotte
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:41 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I live in Beauy and like Col says you can be looking nearer to 1mill+ but there are still houses available around your price with a 15 min walk to the beach - it is doable it depends what your priorities are. Personally I like the 'buy the worst house on the best street and do it up' theory!

You will get a lot more for your money a 5 min drive to the beach.
Have you looked on realestateview as well as the 2 main ones?

I think you will be fine with that amount of money here as long as you aren't expecting ultra modern. Aitken Real Estate and Beaches Real Estat are smaller local agents if you want to get in touch with them direct.

LJJ
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice, I also like the "buy rubbish and do it up" approach.

Beware though of Honda Jazz drivers. My turn to spot you Louise - 2 weeks ago in the concourse outside the IGA ?

Originally Posted by ljj
Hi, I live in Beauy and like Col says you can be looking nearer to 1mill+ but there are still houses available around your price with a 15 min walk to the beach - it is doable it depends what your priorities are. Personally I like the 'buy the worst house on the best street and do it up' theory!

You will get a lot more for your money a 5 min drive to the beach.
Have you looked on realestateview as well as the 2 main ones?

I think you will be fine with that amount of money here as long as you aren't expecting ultra modern. Aitken Real Estate and Beaches Real Estat are smaller local agents if you want to get in touch with them direct.

LJJ
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:22 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Good advice, I also like the "buy rubbish and do it up" approach.

Beware though of Honda Jazz drivers. My turn to spot you Louise - 2 weeks ago in the concourse outside the IGA ?
Damn! I hope I was looking stunning and not in my scruffs - I have an image to live up to being a Beauy Housewife 75% of the time!

Yell out next time.

LJJ
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Think you were in the scruffs - so I was discreet; and my daughter was dragging me down the street ! Will yell next time.

Originally Posted by ljj
Damn! I hope I was looking stunning and not in my scruffs - I have an image to live up to being a Beauy Housewife 75% of the time!

Yell out next time.

LJJ
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:19 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Think you were in the scruffs - so I was discreet; and my daughter was dragging me down the street ! Will yell next time.
Cheeky sod! you could have at least lied to make me feel better
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ljj
Cheeky sod! you could have at least lied to make me feel better
I was being sarcastic - honest ! Wasn't too sure if it was you. Can you please wear a badge next time you go shopping.