Beasties in the bedroom!!!!

Wikiposts

Beasties in the bedroom!!!!

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:40 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beasties in the bedroom!!!!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Lucy

When we get over to Melbourne I'm going to make sure our house is 'bombed' and then treated every 6 months. Not going to give the beggers a chance (I value my sanity too much!!! )

D D

Sod the six months!!! I plan on every 4-5 just to make sure the lttle buugers choke before they cross my threshold!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:42 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Did you see the SIZE of that spider on the demo on the website?? Shiver shiver! :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:46 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Lucy loves spiders She couldnt possible murder them would she :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:00 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I have a three year old beastie
Sneaks into my bed at midnight & steals my bit of the bed!
Little horror!
Mummy has to go & sleep in her bed!
Donna.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Being chief spider catcher in this house, that solution appeals (I don't fancy getting too close to potentially lethal beasties).

Originally Posted by Bordy
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Beasties in the bedroom!!!!

Hi out there! these huntsman thingymajigs, (i am too frightened to even look at a website), how big are they exactly, honestly!! i work with a lovely bloke from perth and i don't know sometimes if he's exaggerating or what.... we are looking to move to brisbane, he says it's even worse out there, they're like jacket spud size spiders!!! why don't DIMIA issue hammers?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Honeybob as a total outsider i will answer that. They are big!! but thats whats so good about em!!! yes they will give you the shock of your life when you least expect to see em. However they do a lot of good as they eat the little blighters (hope I have got that right) that bite ya!!!!
We encountered thousands of the big boys danggling from telegraph post and trees in Wynnum Brisbane. Ducking every now and then on the way out to a restaraunt. I was in agony from Andrea squeezing my arm and holding my hand as if she was falling off a cliff!!!!!
Better to walk in the road and dodge the traffic? Luckily the roads in Wynnum are quiet. Largest we saw was busy awaiting a meal above our gateway. We headed back to our apartment in Port Stephens 11pm dark. Just clocked the bugger before Andrea gained a free hair-net about the size of a small Cd. Same as the bottom of a mug!! If that helps. Don't be scared though they don't bite (you watch some sod tell me different now).
Good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Atleast big = easier to see! I prefer things I can keep my eye on and that eat other nasties.

It's poisonous littlies that worry me!

I thought Huntsman bit, can be painful but not considered dangerous (if that cheers anyone up any )

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Honeybob as a total outsider i will answer that. They are big!! but thats whats so good about em!!! yes they will give you the shock of your life when you least expect to see em. However they do a lot of good as they eat the little blighters (hope I have got that right) that bite ya!!!!
We encountered thousands of the big boys danggling from telegraph post and trees in Wynnum Brisbane. Ducking every now and then on the way out to a restaraunt. I was in agony from Andrea squeezing my arm and holding my hand as if she was falling off a cliff!!!!!
Better to walk in the road and dodge the traffic? Luckily the roads in Wynnum are quiet. Largest we saw was busy awaiting a meal above our gateway. We headed back to our apartment in Port Stephens 11pm dark. Just clocked the bugger before Andrea gained a free hair-net about the size of a small Cd. Same as the bottom of a mug!! If that helps. Don't be scared though they don't bite (you watch some sod tell me different now).
Good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Cheers Handyandy (and Andrea)!!!

time for wine!!!! You think i jest?

i won't look at any spider info, absolute denial... can't believe somedays that we are wanting to go to oz!!! don't like spiders, i've seen 'Jaws' :scared: , but love the sun (bad for you i know), and just need to get away from here!
Can handle moths however, unlike yourself!!!! and especially levitating partner...

Are they really that big, and why, oh why, do they live in cities, etc.... have they no sense nor fear of cars!

Looked after an australian lady recently, called Sheila, honestly, (but i didn't go there!) and she said she'd never seen a spider!!! Lived in Rockingham, if i remember correctly, and she had all her faculties!!! (don't know if that is spelt correctly)!

How do i overcome this fear, husband is laughing as i type!

honeybob...
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if i was you I would choose my destination wisely.
Sydney, never saw a spidder!! Although i believe alot of red backs are there (peeps i am no expert only telling it as i have seen or heard).
Queensland (Brisbane) Thousands of the buggers big things that scare the living out of ya if your not prepared for their size. Port Stephens N.S.W. saw biggies but not as many...
We are quite lucky as we are not too bothered about creepy crawlies (even moths Just don't like em on me body). Take a deep breath and start doing some research no matter how much you hate em. I believe it may be a step in the right direction.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Know exactly what you're saying - the past few nights have been slightly warm ( and a little fragrant ) in our household and so the windows have been left open at night.

FOUR times now I have been woken by the most enormous moths - diaphanous wings, HUGE furry bodies and a grimace EXACTLY the same as my mother -in- laws on their huge chops.

What to do?

Do I keel over in an 'oh i'm such a helpless woman' act and wake hubby?

OR:

Do I chase the blighter around the room, armed with my rolled up copy of 'the Sun' ( didn't realise before that it came in handy for anything else other than wiping ones cheeks ).

TOO RIGHT - squashed the bugger and his badass mates.

Good training, I reckon.

Bring 'em on, nothings gonna break my dream of 40 degree heat, monster cyclones and rain so hard it's knock 'ya nips off!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Well if i was you I would choose my destination wisely.
Sydney, never saw a spidder!! Although i believe alot of red backs are there (peeps i am no expert only telling it as i have seen or heard).
Queensland (Brisbane) Thousands of the buggers big things that scare the living out of ya if your not prepared for their size. Port Stephens N.S.W. saw biggies but not as many...
We are quite lucky as we are not too bothered about creepy crawlies (even moths Just don't like em on me body). Take a deep breath and start doing some research no matter how much you hate em. I believe it may be a step in the right direction.

The Golden Orb spidies in Brissy are the worst...they are the ones with the think yellow webs....Not sure how dangerous they are, but try walking into one of the webs!!!!! :scared: Will give you the heebie geebies for weeks...
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:50 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Honeybob,

I was going to post a picture of a Huntsman but it won't fit on the screen :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Think i'll take a leaf out of your book steandleigh, or should that be 'the sun'....

dosen't the saying go 'what dosen't kill you makes you stronger'!

please tell me the spidies don't kill you!

good luck in three weeks time, i'm green with envy...
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

hi handyandy....

you are so right about choosing your destination carefully, unfortunately husband has friends and family out there, so i feel like i have to get on with it... my hub is so desperate to go, that in comparison to my fears, and not wanting to sound too sad, i really want to see him happy... it's just overcoming it, or more appropriately accepting it... (with aid of hammer)!

thankyou for being so helpful and honest, i guess my mate at work wasn't lying after all...

i've read that having your house sprayed helps the situation, so there's my first port of call...

and incidentally, whereabouts are you and yours going to and when?

i wish you so well,

honeybob...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.