Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beast of the Blue Mountains

Beast of the Blue Mountains

Old Feb 26th 2005, 10:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beast of the Blue Mountains

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...180165887.html

A television crew is hoping to prove the existence of a mystery feline creature that has been haunting Blue Mountains residents for decades, Eamonn Duff writes.

Natalie Schmitt delves into her backpack and suddenly dry retches. It's not yesterday's sandwiches that trigger the zoologist's reaction, it's the kilo of leopard excrement she has nestled in her hands. "I'm glad you can smell how strong and pungent the odour really is," she says with a scowl. Leopards, indeed, should be ashamed of themselves. But on this occasion, faeces from no other animal will do. Acquired from a private zoo, the leopard scats are about to be used as bait - big cat bait.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beast of the Blue Mountains

Originally Posted by bondipom
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...180165887.html

A television crew is hoping to prove the existence of a mystery feline creature that has been haunting Blue Mountains residents for decades, Eamonn Duff writes.

Natalie Schmitt delves into her backpack and suddenly dry retches. It's not yesterday's sandwiches that trigger the zoologist's reaction, it's the kilo of leopard excrement she has nestled in her hands. "I'm glad you can smell how strong and pungent the odour really is," she says with a scowl. Leopards, indeed, should be ashamed of themselves. But on this occasion, faeces from no other animal will do. Acquired from a private zoo, the leopard scats are about to be used as bait - big cat bait.
lol
i cant wait to show my hubby this. he swears he saw a black panther when he was driving to work a couple of weeks ago he says it was sat up in a creek, he said he was just thinking wow ive just seen a panther in the wild when it dawned on him that they dont have big cats in australia.
he still swears he saw what he saw despite much piss taking from his aussie workmates.
we are in brisbane though not NSW maybe the panther was lost