bea newbie

Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

loulou_tropicana will become famous soon enoughloulou_tropicana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: bea newbie

Originally Posted by bea newbie
Hi Lou Lou

Thanks for the message. I did try and look you up on nurses forum, but couldn't find you. I'm a bit crap with computers !!!! I'm just on the registration phase now hopefully that will be sorted by march. I want to have left like yesterday. I'm planning to start off in Melbourne. How about you ? How come you have to do skills assessment, thought we didnt !!!

Let me know how you get on, think it just takes a lot of chasing and writing etc...... good luck
Hi there, yes I plan on heading for melbourne first of all aswell! Done some research and it looks quite cosmopolitan and not quite as hot as the rest of oz which will suit me better with my fair English skin! I thought everybody had to do a skills assessment and be assessed by the australian nursing and midwifery council! have you not had to? what visa are you applying for and how far down the process are you at present?

Speak to you soon
Lou x
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:40 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Our local hospital in South East suburbs of Melbourne are looking for A&E nurses, especially for nights if anyones interested.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

bea newbie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by loulou_tropicana
Hi there, yes I plan on heading for melbourne first of all aswell! Done some research and it looks quite cosmopolitan and not quite as hot as the rest of oz which will suit me better with my fair English skin! I thought everybody had to do a skills assessment and be assessed by the australian nursing and midwifery council! have you not had to? what visa are you applying for and how far down the process are you at present?

Speak to you soon
Lou x
Hi Lou

No I was told that nurses from english speaking countries do not need skills assessment, maybe I misheard. Have you got your registration yet ?
I am applying for a sponsored work permit 495, because I'm 30 its only one I can get. I hate been old . I'm still at registration phase it takes ages, so I'm told but I hope to be finished by March. Are you with a recruitment agency ? I picked Melbourne for same reasons and they dont have those scary funnel spiders !!
I f you need any help with nursing, registration stuff etc... let me know, will help if I can. Nice to meet a nurse on her own as well. Oh have you had your medical yet ? I'm dreading it, bad back!!

Speak soon x
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mark213
Just to say bea, that I will be doing it on my own too! I have a mate in perth that i am going to stay with but thats about it! Been 3 times loved it so at 29 i think i can manage it on my own. Advice, hmm just dont sit around at home. Good luck
Hey Mark

I kinda know the feeling, I just hit big 30 and figure if I don't go now I never will. Have you just been to Perth or travelled around ? I'm heading Melbourne way, cant wait. Thanks for mail and good luck to you too. Have great time

Bea
Old Nov 27th 2006, 5:40 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mark

I kinda know the feeling, I just hit big 30 and figure if I don't go now I never will. Have you just been to Perth or travelled around ? I'm heading Melbourne way, cant wait. Thanks for mail and good luck to you too. Have great time

Bea
Hey Bea...welcome to the forum!

One question though....what happens when you have a 1000 posts to your name (believe me, it will prob happen), what ya gonna call yourself then?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

loulou_tropicana will become famous soon enoughloulou_tropicana will become famous soon enough

Hi Lou

No I was told that nurses from english speaking countries do not need skills assessment, maybe I misheard. Have you got your registration yet ?
I am applying for a sponsored work permit 495, because I'm 30 its only one I can get. I hate been old . I'm still at registration phase it takes ages, so I'm told but I hope to be finished by March. Are you with a recruitment agency ? I picked Melbourne for same reasons and they dont have those scary funnel spiders !!
I f you need any help with nursing, registration stuff etc... let me know, will help if I can. Nice to meet a nurse on her own as well. Oh have you had your medical yet ? I'm dreading it, bad back!!

Speak soon x

HI ya, i'm confused about this skill assessment, maybe it's because of the type of visa i'm applying for that I needed to do one, or the skills assessment I had to send a copy of my birth certificate, photo, copy of my graduation certificate, copy of my course transcript, a reference and I had to get the NMC to send proof that I'm on the register, and the type of visa I'm going for, subclass 136 allows people to apply under the age of 45. No i'm not with an agent, are you?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:30 am
Just Joined

HI ya, i'm confused about this skill assessment, maybe it's because of the type of visa i'm applying for that I needed to do one, or the skills assessment I had to send a copy of my birth certificate, photo, copy of my graduation certificate, copy of my course transcript, a reference and I had to get the NMC to send proof that I'm on the register, and the type of visa I'm going for, subclass 136 allows people to apply under the age of 45. No i'm not with an agent, are you?

Hi

Yeah I'm with health staff recruitment, which are really good agency based in Oz. Its good idea to have contact there, they gave me loads of information and will meet you when you get out there. you will find them on google search nursing in Australia and loads of agency's come up. I found them the best. There's on fee either. When I looked into subclass 136, It said people under 30. Thats the working holiday visa, right ?. its all really confusing !!
How long did it take you to get everything you need for registration ? Have you had a job offer yet ? Do you know much about medical ?

Speak later
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Hey Bea...welcome to the forum!

One question though....what happens when you have a 1000 posts to your name (believe me, it will prob happen), what ya gonna call yourself then?

Hey fluffy

So where did you get your crazy name . I prob will need a new name soon, got any ideas ?? Maybe Bea not new but still fresh !!!!!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Yeah I'm with health staff recruitment, which are really good agency based in Oz. Its good idea to have contact there, they gave me loads of information and will meet you when you get out there. you will find them on google search nursing in Australia and loads of agency's come up. I found them the best. There's on fee either. When I looked into subclass 136, It said people under 30. Thats the working holiday visa, right ?. its all really confusing !!
How long did it take you to get everything you need for registration ? Have you had a job offer yet ? Do you know much about medical ?

Speak later
Hello bea newbie,

The subclass 136 visa isn't a working holiday visa it's a skilled workers permenant visa and it's definately for under 45's. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../136/index.htm
It took a while to get everything I needed for the skills assessment, getting hold of the right person at the university to send out my course syllabus which the australian nursing and midwifery council prefers the uni to post it out themselves rather than the uni post it to you and you send it out with your application, also I had to contact the NMC to send out proof of me being on the register, first the NMC had to send me a form to complete which took a week for me to receive then I had to post that back them with a fee of around £35 then they posted the required documents to the ANMC, meanwhile I had to get copies of my birth certificate, photo, uni certificate signed and verified by either a lawyer, magistrate or justice of the peace, a lawyer charges £10 per document they sign for you but luckily my dad knows a justice of the peace so he did it all for free for me. I then sent the forms off and then the ANMC must put together all my documentation sent from me, uni and NMC together and process the application which takes 6-8 weeks. I then received a letter with a reference number which I needed to put on my visa application. So it took me around 2-3 weeks to get it all together in the first place and signed etc. As for the medicals I will get a letter to go and get that and a police check sorted once my visa application has been processed which could take anything up to a year
speak soon x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Hello bea newbie,

The subclass 136 visa isn't a working holiday visa it's a skilled workers permenant visa and it's definately for under 45's. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../136/index.htm
It took a while to get everything I needed for the skills assessment, getting hold of the right person at the university to send out my course syllabus which the australian nursing and midwifery council prefers the uni to post it out themselves rather than the uni post it to you and you send it out with your application, also I had to contact the NMC to send out proof of me being on the register, first the NMC had to send me a form to complete which took a week for me to receive then I had to post that back them with a fee of around £35 then they posted the required documents to the ANMC, meanwhile I had to get copies of my birth certificate, photo, uni certificate signed and verified by either a lawyer, magistrate or justice of the peace, a lawyer charges £10 per document they sign for you but luckily my dad knows a justice of the peace so he did it all for free for me. I then sent the forms off and then the ANMC must put together all my documentation sent from me, uni and NMC together and process the application which takes 6-8 weeks. I then received a letter with a reference number which I needed to put on my visa application. So it took me around 2-3 weeks to get it all together in the first place and signed etc. As for the medicals I will get a letter to go and get that and a police check sorted once my visa application has been processed which could take anything up to a year
speak soon x

Hi Lou Lou

Sorry for late reply just got back from week in Amsterdam and Antwerp back to life, back to reality now !!!

Your skills asassessment sounds exactly same as what I'm donig everything seems to be moving so fast for me so far. Have got my college transcript, work statement etc and have interview with Alfred hospital in Melbourne for HDU. Do you know it at all ? Im goingn a work sponsored permit and figure if I really like out there can apply for permanent.

What made you choose permanent residency are you planning to live out there for good ? Are you like me that didisillusioned with the NHS.

Speak soon
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lou Lou

Sorry for late reply just got back from week in Amsterdam and Antwerp back to life, back to reality now !!!

Your skills asassessment sounds exactly same as what I'm donig everything seems to be moving so fast for me so far. Have got my college transcript, work statement etc and have interview with Alfred hospital in Melbourne for HDU. Do you know it at all ? Im goingn a work sponsored permit and figure if I really like out there can apply for permanent.

What made you choose permanent residency are you planning to live out there for good ? Are you like me that didisillusioned with the NHS.

Speak soon
Hi Bea, sorry i'm slow replying, got burgled las week and the only thing they took was my laptop, i hve been lost without it but got a new one today and my house is now like fort knocks! I am familiar with the Alfred hospital, I have e-mailed them previously just enquiring about it and they said to contact them when I'm nearer to completing my visa application to arrange an interview. But yes I a have only been qualified just under 2 years and I'm sick to the back teeth of the NHS for a number of reasons, pathetic pay rises for one, looks like we're in for another one this april, shock horror! Hope you enjoyed your travels to amsterdam, when are you having your telephone interview with the Alfred? Keep me posted, Lou x
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

HI

Anybody out there made the big move to oz on their own ? I am going to travel and work as a nurse, not sure where to go. very excited and scared!!! any advice please.
Good luck and best wishes.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Hi Bea, sorry i'm slow replying, got burgled las week and the only thing they took was my laptop, i hve been lost without it but got a new one today and my house is now like fort knocks! I am familiar with the Alfred hospital, I have e-mailed them previously just enquiring about it and they said to contact them when I'm nearer to completing my visa application to arrange an interview. But yes I a have only been qualified just under 2 years and I'm sick to the back teeth of the NHS for a number of reasons, pathetic pay rises for one, looks like we're in for another one this april, shock horror! Hope you enjoyed your travels to amsterdam, when are you having your telephone interview with the Alfred? Keep me posted, Lou x

Hi Lou Lou

I'm so sorry to hear about your house, some right bastards out there. I caught somebody in my place about five years, ago luckily there weren't violent but I know it leaves you shaken up. You should try and get some friends to stay around, company is a great distraction !

Am not sure when my interview is yet. There is some delays with my second reference. Oh the NHS, I have worked in it for ten years and am very surprised I'm still sane!! Its the work conditions and staff shortages that get to me most. Would love to get Patricia Hewitt to do one shift. Anyway on to better things I hope.

Will keep you posted. Are you working much over crimbos ?

Speak soon, Take care x
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:18 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Hey Mark

Bea
Sorry Bea missed your reply!
Tell me about it. Gotta do it now or i'll get too stuck in my old ways! Been to Melbourne too but it never quite did it for me. Too busy. Still i'll probably find Perth dull and miss the action! Funny thing Perth. Everyone says its the place to bring up kids, but for action, hmmmmmm. Good luck and enjoy
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mark213
Sorry Bea missed your reply!
Tell me about it. Gotta do it now or i'll get too stuck in my old ways! Been to Melbourne too but it never quite did it for me. Too busy. Still i'll probably find Perth dull and miss the action! Funny thing Perth. Everyone says its the place to bring up kids, but for action, hmmmmmm. Good luck and enjoy

Hey Mark

So tell me Melbourne or Sydney, if you had to choose. And please tell me Melbourne is not as bad as London !!!! Nothing is set in stone for me yet, at moment am registering in Victoria and new south Wales. Thought of Perth, but looked bit to quiet, as you said good for families. But am sure you will have plenty of action

Sorry for all questions but good to get insight of someone who's been there.
Have to ask, where the old ways that bad????