British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   bea newbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bea-newbie-405520/)

bea newbie Nov 1st 2006 3:50 pm

bea newbie

HI

Anybody out there made the big move to oz on their own ? I am going to travel and work as a nurse, not sure where to go. very excited and scared!!! any advice please.

Fionast Nov 1st 2006 4:13 pm

Re: bea newbie

Originally Posted by bea newbie
HI

Anybody out there made the big move to oz on their own ? I am going to travel and work as a nurse, not sure where to go. very excited and scared!!! any advice please.

Hi I'm not makeing the move on my own but I know others on the forum have. It's still early yet though so I'm sure you'll get some replies later

Fiona

bea newbie Nov 1st 2006 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fionast
Hi I'm not makeing the move on my own but I know others on the forum have. It's still early yet though so I'm sure you'll get some replies later

Fiona

HI there

Whats making you head to brsibane then ? I cant make up mind between which state to work first, too much choice!!

curly Nov 1st 2006 4:40 pm

HI

Hiya :)

Sorry can't offer any advice, but look on page 3 of the 'meet-ups' section. There's someone called loulou_tropicana, who is also a nurse and is going alone ;) so would be good for you 2 to talk.

Good luck :)

N.

busterboy Nov 1st 2006 4:56 pm

HI

There is a nurses forum and try a search for nurses as lots will come up....I remember that young gentleman Bix saying something 'constructive' about all the sexy nurses coming to Cairns just the other day... :rolleyes:

TheColebecks Nov 1st 2006 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your application.

Karen :)

Fionast Nov 1st 2006 7:55 pm

HI there

Whats making you head to brsibane then ? I cant make up mind between which state to work first, too much choice!!

We have family in Brisbane so it was the obvious choice. We were humming and hawing about whether to do it or not and decided to pay them a visit a couple of years back and absolutely loved it. At the end of the 6 weeks we felt like we were leaving home to come home and then to arrive back to the freezing cold - well that was that decision made :)

Fiona

bea newbie Nov 2nd 2006 9:13 am

Originally Posted by busterboy
There is a nurses forum and try a search for nurses as lots will come up....I remember that young gentleman Bix saying something 'constructive' about all the sexy nurses coming to Cairns just the other day... :rolleyes:

Hey busterboy

Love your name !!! Am sure you will have a wild time in melbourne. Have you been out to oz before ? And is it work or play ??

Am trying to decide between sydney or melbourne, any tips....
Thanks for tip on forum !!And yip everybody loves the nurses ;)

Bix Nov 2nd 2006 9:36 am

I like nurses :)
Did I say I like nurses :)

I am up in tropical paradise itself and there are about 150 UK nurses coming here over the next 12 months just to meet me :cool:

Here's the nurses forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

I have a very limited view of course which is
Sydney = expensive
Melbourne = cold

Welcome to the forum lass ;)

busterboy Nov 2nd 2006 9:40 am

[QUOTE=Bix]I like nurses :)

I have a very limited view of course which is:
Sydney = expensive
Melbourne = cold

.....Should that be ...

Sydney=expensive
Melbourne=cold
Cairns=great,tropical paradise, home of Bix - lover of nurses! Grrrrr ;)

busterboy Nov 2nd 2006 9:44 am

Hey busterboy

Love your name !!! Am sure you will have a wild time in melbourne. Have you been out to oz before ? And is it work or play ??

Hi Little old Bea Newbie

I am looking forward to Melbourne, supposedly -5 here last night. BBBBrrr.

It will be work and play for me and I will give all a really good go.

Melbourne was for me as it is more European and Cosmopolitan and for my work, it had to be Sydney or Melbourne.

Bris-vegas, some love or hate. You have a job that you can travel on, why not try them all whilst you get some Australian nursing experience behind you?

Incidentially, I've only been to Perth and Sydney..but we have friends in Melbourne and it seems the natural choice for us.

BB

Bix Nov 2nd 2006 10:11 am

Cairns=great,tropical paradise, home of Bix - lover of nurses! Grrrrr ;)

Shhhhhh.....or the doctors will see :D

busterboy Nov 2nd 2006 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Shhhhhh.....or the doctors will see :D

Come here little nursie and give Uncle Bixie a cuddle...you'll get banned from the ward :)

Bix Nov 2nd 2006 10:24 am

Come here little nursie and give Uncle Bixie a cuddle...you'll get banned from the ward :)

They don't ban inmates :p

bea newbie Nov 2nd 2006 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Bix
I like nurses :)

I am up in tropical paradise itself and there are about 150 UK nurses coming here over the next 12 months just to meet me :cool:

Here's the nurses forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

I have a very limited view of course which is
Sydney = expensive
Melbourne = cold

Welcome to the forum lass ;)

Hmmm take it you like nurses. Hope your kind to all those nurses and treat them gently ;) .150 thats quite impressive, sure you can handle that many ??

So your in cairns, is it true there are spiders as big as your hands, AHH !!

Lass, U scottish ??

Thanks for welcome.............