Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Old Apr 16th 2018, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour
You may want to discuss the topic that you are floundering over rather than worrying about my Giro cheque. Yep your right the pints taste great, when tax payer funded. As for brightness, I'd be first past the post against you every time.
I realise the education system is somewhat wanting in NSW, but really you could at least make an attempt to articulate just why over loading Sydney and Melbourne with record immigration is a good thing? Let me guess. The reason being is because you can't and know it is a darn crazy thing, but falling house prices win the day, in the sense of selling out your fellow citizens. Sadly it isn't all about you.
Already told you about the right type of immigration the answer didn't suit your agenda and you can't debate when it doesn't suit your agenda.

So let's try some more. I was at the welders today having my gorgeous exposed beams seen to before they are installed in my pile. Luckily I know someone who knows the owner and I wanted to use this crowd, but they are so busy, they are turning away work.

Having a chat with the owner he tells me he just can't find quality metal workers to keep up with demand. No time for moulding crap metal workers into good ones he says. It's just too costly and takes too long. Most of his workers were OS born.

Such a shame for this country people like you accept mediocrity.

I BTW, 2 houses scored suburb records weekend before last. Thought you might hate to hear that.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Already told you about the right type of immigration the answer didn't suit your agenda and you can't debate when it doesn't suit your agenda.

So let's try some more. I was at the welders today having my gorgeous exposed beams seen to before they are installed in my pile. Luckily I know someone who knows the owner and I wanted to use this crowd, but they are so busy, they are turning away work.

Having a chat with the owner he tells me he just can't find quality metal workers to keep up with demand. No time for moulding crap metal workers into good ones he says. It's just too costly and takes too long. Most of his workers were OS born.

Such a shame for this country people like you accept mediocrity.

I BTW, 2 houses scored suburb records weekend before last. Thought you might hate to hear that.

Don't bother yourself with a conversation of sorts you had with a bloke down the street that told you he couldn't find this or that.

Fact is the tide is turning. people are increasingly fed up with record immigration and the declining living standards being forced on them as a result and even the "pack em in" Liberal Party is heading for a reduction. No doubt only a token of twenty thousand at attempts od appeasement, but a start at least towards returning to sanity.

Another 5% drop in Sydney prices this year at least, with more forecast next year. Don't worry only money, that you never had anyway. You never know, look on the bright side, conversation may even come into vogue with house prices not monopolising even dinner party chit chat, once realised it is not the road to eternal riches.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother yourself with a conversation of sorts you had with a bloke down the street that told you he couldn't find this or that.

Fact is the tide is turning. people are increasingly fed up with record immigration and the declining living standards being forced on them as a result and even the "pack em in" Liberal Party is heading for a reduction. No doubt only a token of twenty thousand at attempts od appeasement, but a start at least towards returning to sanity.

Another 5% drop in Sydney prices this year at least, with more forecast next year. Don't worry only money, that you never had anyway. You never know, look on the bright side, conversation may even come into vogue with house prices not monopolising even dinner party chit chat, once realised it is not the road to eternal riches.
So you think it's acceptable the people of Australia pay a premium for shoddy goods and services because of the mediocre, narrow minded, fearing, selfish, propaganda developing people like yourself have an agenda?

Amazing.

On the bright side......

My pile is now 15% up. Not that I care, I am not selling, but I like telling you as it grates on your nerves that the rest of us are going places and you are stuck in a resentful rut.

Last edited by Beoz; Apr 16th 2018 at 11:57 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

So you think it's acceptable the people of Australia pay a premium for shoddy goods and services because of the mediocre, narrow minded, fearing, selfish, propaganda developing people like yourself have an agenda?

Amazing.

On the bright side......

My pile is now 15% up. Not that I care, I am not selling, but I like telling you as it grates on your nerves that the rest of us are going places and you are stuck in a resentful rut.
Well I can't say I've noticed bus fares coming down. Nor taxi fares. Anything else? How on earth does the over loading of people from abroad, forced to live in already 'struggling' areas with limited capacity to earn enough to live the over inflated life found in Sydney create anything but slaves?

From where I'm looking the mediocre, insular, un worldly, egotistical, knowing the 'price' of certain things but value of nothing is all from your side.

You don't think I'm remotely interested in 'your pile' although the sense of being trapped in something far over valued and slowly correcting, must be gut wrenching. At least you can still see a positive side on it in public forum anyway.
For your sake I do hope you are going places, and get an insight into how the wider world functions. May do wonders for the woolly thinking.

AS for over loading out main cities, you are increasingly out on a limb. The question being of course why is it such a losing argument?

Last edited by the troubadour; Apr 17th 2018 at 12:20 am.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I can't say I've noticed bus fares coming down. Nor taxi fares. Anything else?
That my friend would be known as deflation. Not a nice place to be.

How on earth does the over loading of people from abroad, forced to live in already 'struggling' areas with limited capacity to earn enough to live the over inflated life found in Sydney create anything but slaves?
"Struggling areas" "limited capacity to earn enough" - and where is this occurring? Do tell. I am intrigued.

From where I'm looking the mediocre, insular, un worldly, egotistical, knowing the 'price' of certain things but value of nothing is all from your side.

You don't think I'm remotely interested in 'your pile' although the sense of being trapped in something far over valued and slowly correcting, must be gut wrenching. At least you can still see a positive side on it in public forum anyway.
For your sake I do hope you are going places, and get an insight into how the wider world functions. May do wonders for the woolly thinking.
I believe you are more interested in the price of "my pile" than I am. You constantly refer to it. Why the interest? Resentment? The need to say "I told you so."

The funny part is the drama you read in the press 4000km away couldn't be so wrong when you drill down into individual places, both for property value and for living standards.

Do yourself a favour, come and visit, rather than the once every 5 year trip for a long weekend spending wasted time hanging around the CBD.

AS for over loading out main cities, you are increasingly out on a limb. The question being of course why is it such a losing argument?
To the contrary. The big cities where people want to live are increasing, those where people don't want to live are declining. Which one are you? Are decliner or an increaser. I think with know what resentful answer that will uncover.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That my friend would be known as deflation. Not a nice place to be.

"Struggling areas" "limited capacity to earn enough" - and where is this occurring? Do tell. I am intrigued.

I believe you are more interested in the price of "my pile" than I am. You constantly refer to it. Why the interest? Resentment? The need to say "I told you so."

The funny part is the drama you read in the press 4000km away couldn't be so wrong when you drill down into individual places, both for property value and for living standards.

Do yourself a favour, come and visit, rather than the once every 5 year trip for a long weekend spending wasted time hanging around the CBD.

To the contrary. The big cities where people want to live are increasing, those where people don't want to live are declining. Which one are you? Are decliner or an increaser. I think with know what resentful answer that will uncover.

It must be you residing in Sydney where anything beyond real estate is out of your domain. I get that. What is funny, hysterical in fact, if not so serious, is the apparent inability to posses to discuss what exactly is there to applaud the over loading of a city unprepared for continued massive population growth.
I get the vibrancy bit, but there is more issues at stake than purely increasing 'the vibe' when infrastructure continues to fall behind by decades and will never catch up with programmed population growth if what is planned continues unabated.

Others do see the traffic congestion, road rage, hospital over load, educational infrastructure requirements as urgent reasons alone to decrease population growth and maintain living standards.
If the present lot of Coalition at present in power wouldn't have such ridiculous ideological economic policy in place like wanting to reduce big business tax for example the need for mass immigration and related policy, would not prove such a necessity.

This has no reflection on the quality nor actual need of incomers, or indeed their welfare while here. Nothing but business. Hysterical how The Australian attempts to sell it.

You really need to look at life quality in Western Sydney suburbs in relation to illness, early death, life quality issues before rubber stamping further massive growth in an area long blighted by inequality and unemployment and poverty.

Two trips to Sydney was enough for awhile, but thanks for the invite. Plans to travel to far more interesting places in the near future.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It must be you residing in Sydney where anything beyond real estate is out of your domain. I get that. What is funny, hysterical in fact, if not so serious, is the apparent inability to posses to discuss what exactly is there to applaud the over loading of a city unprepared for continued massive population growth.
I get the vibrancy bit, but there is more issues at stake than purely increasing 'the vibe' when infrastructure continues to fall behind by decades and will never catch up with programmed population growth if what is planned continues unabated.

Others do see the traffic congestion, road rage, hospital over load, educational infrastructure requirements as urgent reasons alone to decrease population growth and maintain living standards.
If the present lot of Coalition at present in power wouldn't have such ridiculous ideological economic policy in place like wanting to reduce big business tax for example the need for mass immigration and related policy, would not prove such a necessity.

This has no reflection on the quality nor actual need of incomers, or indeed their welfare while here. Nothing but business. Hysterical how The Australian attempts to sell it.

You really need to look at life quality in Western Sydney suburbs in relation to illness, early death, life quality issues before rubber stamping further massive growth in an area long blighted by inequality and unemployment and poverty.

Two trips to Sydney was enough for awhile, but thanks for the invite. Plans to travel to far more interesting places in the near future.
You should really put those stats about western Sydney on the table, otherwise it's all just hot air. ..... as per usual.

You are out of you depth and distance in regard to Sydney.

Onwards and upwards.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You should really put those stats about western Sydney on the table, otherwise it's all just hot air. ..... as per usual.

You are out of you depth and distance in regard to Sydney.

Onwards and upwards.

Nothing to say. Beaten and shamed yet again. You know the tide is out on the population over loading of Sydney.
I agree though the future there is certainly upwards with probably twenty stories worth above.

You know its true. Western Sydney ranks lowest in all measurements. Still stack them in you say. It creates a 'bigger vibe'.

Just wonder why someone hates the city they live so much, to want to cheer on ever falling life quality? Bizarre...
Old Apr 18th 2018, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing to say. Beaten and shamed yet again. You know the tide is out on the population over loading of Sydney.
I agree though the future there is certainly upwards with probably twenty stories worth above.

You know its true. Western Sydney ranks lowest in all measurements. Still stack them in you say. It creates a 'bigger vibe'.

Just wonder why someone hates the city they live so much, to want to cheer on ever falling life quality? Bizarre...
You are now making stuff up. See second last and last sentence. You can't even produce the stats you were asked for. Your argument is failing spectacularly and has fallen apart.

Describe to me how today's population growth and net overseas migration help your argument in comparison to the recent years 15 years?

You just read hot air and recite it on here.

Last edited by Beoz; Apr 18th 2018 at 1:40 am.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps because of record migration numbers converging principally on two cities decimating over time life quality in those cities, especially when excess people are un needed and only thought being their numbers will help balance a budget, something the government is floundering over in a time it irresponsibly wants to cut company tax.

But don't take it from me. Read todays' Australian', a journal I am loathe to bring to attention, but another article by the usually dreadful Judith Sloan has further nailed it, even picking up a few pointers from reading this thread from me, but no matter she intelligently critiques the obscenity of the present migration fiasco and points to the loss of urban amenity, the cost of congestion, over crowded schools and hospitals, environmental pressures....

She continued to point out only half as likely to be in professional jobs as are home grown graduates. The present system 'easy to game' in the so called skill migrant easy intake, especially employer sponsored component. (That's been known for ages.)
She rightly continues that it is time to restrict temporally migration as many come on that basis because they fully expect to be able to remain in due course.
Right on Sloany. But I do hate it when you write the truth. Just makes me think if this continues, at some stage I'm going have to rethink my long held views about you and your column contributions.

Now really forget about ridiculous graphs that go nowhere to explaining how two cities in this country are approaching crisis due to inept population policy. Grab yourself a seat and come on board. No time to lose.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps because of record migration numbers converging principally on two cities decimating over time life quality in those cities, especially when excess people are un needed and only thought being their numbers will help balance a budget, something the government is floundering over in a time it irresponsibly wants to cut company tax.

But don't take it from me. Read todays' Australian', a journal I am loathe to bring to attention, but another article by the usually dreadful Judith Sloan has further nailed it, even picking up a few pointers from reading this thread from me, but no matter she intelligently critiques the obscenity of the present migration fiasco and points to the loss of urban amenity, the cost of congestion, over crowded schools and hospitals, environmental pressures....

She continued to point out only half as likely to be in professional jobs as are home grown graduates. The present system 'easy to game' in the so called skill migrant easy intake, especially employer sponsored component. (That's been known for ages.)
She rightly continues that it is time to restrict temporally migration as many come on that basis because they fully expect to be able to remain in due course.
Right on Sloany. But I do hate it when you write the truth. Just makes me think if this continues, at some stage I'm going have to rethink my long held views about you and your column contributions.

Now really forget about ridiculous graphs that go nowhere to explaining how two cities in this country are approaching crisis due to inept population policy. Grab yourself a seat and come on board. No time to lose.
Sloaney doesn't sound too clever. Sloaney obviously needs to get out more, looks at the much needed infrastructure, hospitals, schools, being built and all the jobs created (and not being filled) as a result.

Interestingly the local kindergarten class at our local private catholic school is at 30 pupils. The local state run public. 17. 30 years ago state schools were about 30. Overcrowding?

Was in the public hospital last night visiting a family member. Supposed to be 2 to a room. Most rooms were empty. Overcrowding?

The funny part is the rush hour driving commute from the Shire to the city takes the same time today it took 30 years ago. Congestion? And the shire is getting a new motorway care of the infrastructure spend.

You and Sloaney really need to come up with some stats. My graph is far from ridiculous- its fact. It just blew your propaganda out of the water.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

An interesting report from Treasury here.

https://research.treasury.gov.au/external-paper/shaping-a-nation/

Some very interesting facts and figures and advice on moving forward.

Good bedtime reading for you troubadour. Kind of puts all your fear mongering propaganda to bed.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

An interesting report from Treasury here.

https://research.treasury.gov.au/ext...ping-a-nation/

Some very interesting facts and figures and advice on moving forward.

Good bedtime reading for you troubadour. Kind of puts all your fear mongering propaganda to bed.

The only fear mongering that will matter is when political forces of either extremity on the Left or Right decide to go all out and bring immigration to the fore. The mounting anger is as such that some trouble maker will run on the grounds of race and over whelming numbers that will bring a lot of undesirables out of the woodwork.

It doesn't matter how they 'cook' the books are attempt to sell to the public any dubious positives with regards to population over load, the negatives will scream out loud and clear.

The Australian in an editorial today attempted a lame defence of mass immigration. I could have written it far better if attempting to convince. It was very poor. Similar to another recent justification into record migration. The size of the nation doesn't really play a part when most all converge on two cities. The old furphy populate before someone else does, thought had gone out with The Yellow Peril. No word of fifth columnist's from within of course or who exactly would the intruders be.

The hounds are out and the government is finding it increasingly taxing to keep under wraps what it doesn't want the public to know.

If your livelihood depends on mass migration to turn a bob, looks like you'd better learn a skill . The time of never ending unfretted slaves looks like coming under scrutiny and pressure to resume a more normal immigration figures is mounting.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The only fear mongering that will matter is when political forces of either extremity on the Left or Right decide to go all out and bring immigration to the fore. The mounting anger is as such that some trouble maker will run on the grounds of race and over whelming numbers that will bring a lot of undesirables out of the woodwork.

It doesn't matter how they 'cook' the books are attempt to sell to the public any dubious positives with regards to population over load, the negatives will scream out loud and clear.

The Australian in an editorial today attempted a lame defence of mass immigration. I could have written it far better if attempting to convince. It was very poor. Similar to another recent justification into record migration. The size of the nation doesn't really play a part when most all converge on two cities. The old furphy populate before someone else does, thought had gone out with The Yellow Peril. No word of fifth columnist's from within of course or who exactly would the intruders be.

The hounds are out and the government is finding it increasingly taxing to keep under wraps what it doesn't want the public to know.

If your livelihood depends on mass migration to turn a bob, looks like you'd better learn a skill . The time of never ending unfretted slaves looks like coming under scrutiny and pressure to resume a more normal immigration figures is mounting.
Just listen to yourself. If that isn't fear mongering of the highest order without stats or conviction I don't know what is.

Bad sales pitch my friend.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just listen to yourself. If that isn't fear mongering of the highest order without stats or conviction I don't know what is.

Bad sales pitch my friend.
Well increasingly few listen to you I'm afraid. It is not fear mongering it is fact. What you advocate is allowing the build up of forces highly damaging to the well being of this nation.
There are stats galore out there. Seek them out and enable your
sight insight into the entire picture. Cherry picking rarely useful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.