Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Old Mar 24th 2018, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz
You could vote Labor. They want Big Australia too. The problem with Labor is they can't create or manage growth, and they will send the country broke like they always do when they get their turn.

Not much of a choice for you.
I've already stated on numerous occasions that all political parties are aboard on this gravy train. It will take one daring party to break ranks and suck up the votes doing so. It wouldn't really surprise me if the dreadful Coalition Party make half hearted attempts to win the disgruntled electorate. which is growing by the day, by underlining 'measures' to arrest world beating population growth, knowing the cynical nature of that dreadful lot.

Broke you are joking. The incompetent Coalition has left WA in such poor shape that we could almost apply for junk status.

You are of course a supporter of lost causes. From banking to population. No end in sight to wrong calls on your side.

Wrong as mentioned again on numerous occasions Sustainable Party only way to go with the hole the present dreadful lot have dug for us .....
Old Mar 24th 2018, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Oh look. Another new project to add to the list.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...23-p4z5vw.html

And how poor is the Labor argument? Labor will scrap other projects to the northern beaches and the shire (liberal heartlands). Libs will just do everything for everyone. What a nasty bunch that Labor party are.

Where in infrastructure is needed is of course in the ever over crowded Western Suburbs. It appears you lot think it fine to dump hordes of new immigrants in this area of Sydney and safe guard the more up market Liberal voting areas from the hazards of over development, poor quality development, massive population increases......
Such a self absorbed, born to rule thinking lot, with no qualms with regards to the continued division of the nation at ever greater rate of knots and just plain nasty while administering it.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

More ideas and creativity ...... less moaning ..... this is the message

https://www.smh.com.au/national/foll...22-p4z5sl.html
What an industry laden, vested interest piece of hog wash. Just the mention of the 'good' 'Dr' Song, the 'so in tune professional', in the country for all of two years, and whom gave such a 'staged' performance, saying little to nothing on Q & A, was a sure indicator the direction that load of dirty washing would take. Wasn't at all disappointed.

Really quoting The SMH as a source to be considered a independent analysis, when like most Australian media, it is totally in with the real estate industry, with little choice as a major source of income, my only question would e as to why bother attempting to justify let alone defend, the indefensible by such means. It shows you are grossly under developed in your ability to critique what is and isn't of value to defend your side of the ring.

I'm afraid such a poorly constructed article would result in a knock out blow within the first sentence.

Afraid your backing a loser. A return to sensible immigration and population expansion on normal terms are urgently required.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Where in infrastructure is needed is of course in the ever over crowded Western Suburbs. It appears you lot think it fine to dump hordes of new immigrants in this area of Sydney and safe guard the more up market Liberal voting areas from the hazards of over development, poor quality development, massive population increases......
Such a self absorbed, born to rule thinking lot, with no qualms with regards to the continued division of the nation at ever greater rate of knots and just plain nasty while administering it.
Just like anywhere in the world. The wealthiest people live in the best places. They also have the pleasure of paying for resentful, poor people like you. Them's the breaks I guess.

Anyhow, plenty of wealth in Sydney's west. Some people like to spend it on McMansions, fast cars, and Tv's.

Looks like you haven't been doing your research again. Plenty of infrastructure projects for the west. Remember, the Libs are for all. Lots of rail and road projects currently under design and construction right now. Plenty planned for the future. Of course that will all come unstuck if the Labor party ever get a run in NSW.

Old Mar 24th 2018, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

What an industry laden, vested interest piece of hog wash. Just the mention of the 'good' 'Dr' Song, the 'so in tune professional', in the country for all of two years, and whom gave such a 'staged' performance, saying little to nothing on Q & A, was a sure indicator the direction that load of dirty washing would take. Wasn't at all disappointed.

Really quoting The SMH as a source to be considered a independent analysis, when like most Australian media, it is totally in with the real estate industry, with little choice as a major source of income, my only question would e as to why bother attempting to justify let alone defend, the indefensible by such means. It shows you are grossly under developed in your ability to critique what is and isn't of value to defend your side of the ring.

I'm afraid such a poorly constructed article would result in a knock out blow within the first sentence.

Afraid your backing a loser. A return to sensible immigration and population expansion on normal terms are urgently required.
You could gain some credability if you argued the article rather than publication.

To be fair, the smh has had a lot of articles on population growth recently. Most articles write about the bullshit. "We don't have the infrastructure for 8 million". Nonsense stuff when it's the biggest infrastructure boom Australia has ever seen.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just like anywhere in the world. The wealthiest people live in the best places. They also have the pleasure of paying for resentful, poor people like you. Them's the breaks I guess.

Anyhow, plenty of wealth in Sydney's west. Some people like to spend it on McMansions, fast cars, and Tv's.

Looks like you haven't been doing your research again. Plenty of infrastructure projects for the west. Remember, the Libs are for all. Lots of rail and road projects currently under design and construction right now. Plenty planned for the future. Of course that will all come unstuck if the Labor party ever get a run in NSW.

https://gsc-public-1.s3.amazonaws.co...n-map-0318.png
Nope the vision is mayhem with the importation of large numbers of people, as I have explained, becoming increasingly frustrated, with the inability to obtain employment within their professions and consigned to cramped, over crowed living conditions. No doubt social issues will arise out of such conditions and in time suburbs will become increasingly marginalised in terms of wealth and race.

Remember The Lib's are out for their mates, have virtually given up on a quarter of the population whose numbers will be increasingly added to as more slip backwards in a sea of debt slavery, homeliness, poor paid work and in a time of Lib's savaging the welfare budget for the vulnerable and disabled/ill.

I suppose to few have yet come to the realisation of just how lacking in human decency when it comes to the plight of those not of the privileged, corrupt, influential, delusional or blue rinse brigade.

Fact being of course so far behind the ball now it is too late to play catch up. Population explosion over whelming main cities requires a breather at the very least for a number of years to regain breath.

I'm afraid you'll just have to take a hit on your house price, but if it is a life time investment, it needed matter. If a project thingy, then totally deserved.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've already stated on numerous occasions that all political parties are aboard on this gravy train. It will take one daring party to break ranks and suck up the votes doing so. It wouldn't really surprise me if the dreadful Coalition Party make half hearted attempts to win the disgruntled electorate. which is growing by the day, by underlining 'measures' to arrest world beating population growth, knowing the cynical nature of that dreadful lot.

Broke you are joking. The incompetent Coalition has left WA in such poor shape that we could almost apply for junk status.

You are of course a supporter of lost causes. From banking to population. No end in sight to wrong calls on your side.

Wrong as mentioned again on numerous occasions Sustainable Party only way to go with the hole the present dreadful lot have dug for us .....
Isn't it funny. Your debt is pegged to iron ore prices. When it slumps, you can't fund what you propose, but you have to carry on building to finish stuff.

When it rises, that debt goes down pretty quickly. See latest budget.

You really need other ways of financing yourselves rather than having an economy so heavily pegged to iron ore prices which goes up and down with radical booms.

Should the Libs have put some away for a rainy day? Not really. Iron ore is getting stronger and that debt will disappear pretty quickly and you got a whole bunch of new shiny toys. It would probably help with your mood swings though.

Last edited by Beoz; Mar 24th 2018 at 9:29 am.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope the vision is mayhem with the importation of large numbers of people, as I have explained, becoming increasingly frustrated, with the inability to obtain employment within their professions and consigned to cramped, over crowed living conditions. No doubt social issues will arise out of such conditions and in time suburbs will become increasingly marginalised in terms of wealth and race.

Remember The Lib's are out for their mates, have virtually given up on a quarter of the population whose numbers will be increasingly added to as more slip backwards in a sea of debt slavery, homeliness, poor paid work and in a time of Lib's savaging the welfare budget for the vulnerable and disabled/ill.

I suppose to few have yet come to the realisation of just how lacking in human decency when it comes to the plight of those not of the privileged, corrupt, influential, delusional or blue rinse brigade.

Fact being of course so far behind the ball now it is too late to play catch up. Population explosion over whelming main cities requires a breather at the very least for a number of years to regain breath.

I'm afraid you'll just have to take a hit on your house price, but if it is a life time investment, it needed matter. If a project thingy, then totally deserved.
You write a tale of destruction and despair, of the wealthier getting wealthier. That all contradicts itself with your last paragraph.

Remember, wealthy people (me apparently because I own property in Sydney) are only going to get wealthier. Doesn't really work that way if big assets are coming tumbling down.

See why your tales are coming unstuck?
Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You write a tale of destruction and despair, of the wealthier getting wealthier. That all contradicts itself with your last paragraph.

Remember, wealthy people (me apparently because I own property in Sydney) are only going to get wealthier. Doesn't really work that way if big assets are coming tumbling down.

See why your tales are coming unstuck?
Well no as it happens, I don't actually. What I do see is somebody about to be swamped by the ever rising sea of dissent as apathy and self delusion about an ever growing property market and a blind side to all else with the seduction of eternal richness gained through an over priced pile.

While prices may well collapse, fifty/fifty each way, not a risk I'd take, but a correction must take place. Now if you stay put and live another forty/fifty years prices due to inflation will likely regain value in monetary terms over a prolonged period.

The sooner a house is returned to the values of time old, like a place to live and security to grow and not seen as money making venture, the sooner the world becomes a better and saner place.

See where you are coming unstuck......
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well no as it happens, I don't actually. What I do see is somebody about to be swamped by the ever rising sea of dissent as apathy and self delusion about an ever growing property market and a blind side to all else with the seduction of eternal richness gained through an over priced pile.

While prices may well collapse, fifty/fifty each way, not a risk I'd take, but a correction must take place. Now if you stay put and live another forty/fifty years prices due to inflation will likely regain value in monetary terms over a prolonged period.

The sooner a house is returned to the values of time old, like a place to live and security to grow and not seen as money making venture, the sooner the world becomes a better and saner place.

See where you are coming unstuck......
Don't you worry your pretty little self about me.

I can take a 10 year negative equity slum and it still doesn't matter. I'm not selling.

40/50 years. Good luck with that.

Whoops I forgot to mention, another weekend of 100% auction clearance rate for my suburb, and a suburb record price too.

But this isn't about me, it's all about you.

It's about your desire to buy in an area you want to live in. First choice for you would be inner Sydney, second choice would be inner Melbourne, third choice would be Leederville. You can't afford any.

Why don't you do what most of us do and buy in an area you can afford rather than preaching wrongs of the world.

Only you can change. You will be waiting a long time for the world to do it for you.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't worry but plenty of suckers there do. I note population decline with birth stats, Now lowest in country. 1.64 now per woman. Cost of living and other stress factors influencing lower fertility rate.

16,000 more left NSW from September to September than entered from other states.....63% of population growth now migrants.

Can't see the attraction in ShiXney myself. Better some cool city in Europe which has a lifestyle to accompany merely residing.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't worry but plenty of suckers there do. I note population decline with birth stats, Now lowest in country. 1.64 now per woman. Cost of living and other stress factors influencing lower fertility rate.

16,000 more left NSW from September to September than entered from other states.....63% of population growth now migrants.

Can't see the attraction in ShiXney myself. Better some cool city in Europe which has a lifestyle to accompany merely residing.
Oh the resentment is killing you.

Guess what, it's a sign of a great city.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/29/londoners-leaving-capital-for-brighton-birmingham-and-bristol

You never know, when they build that commutable train to Newcastle and Wollongong, I might be ready for a change of scenery, or a weekender.

A life a choice is a wonderful thing.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh the resentment is killing you.

Guess what, it's a sign of a great city.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...am-and-bristol

You never know, when they build that commutable train to Newcastle and Wollongong, I might be ready for a change of scenery, or a weekender.

A life a choice is a wonderful thing.

Well no choice is not what I would describe as to the result of over population in Sydney. Declining living standards is what is resulting and people having to relocate ever further in search of remotely affordable living is not a positive.
London is certainly not the city it once was having out priced large segments of its population and the outward population flow is nothing new.

What would be a wonderful thing is allowing a diversity of occupations and interests to feel they could thrive in Sydney regardless of income and not just become a home of the over worked, and imported slaves living multiple in a room and idle rich. Pretty ordinary city under the circumstances.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well no choice is not what I would describe as to the result of over population in Sydney. Declining living standards is what is resulting and people having to relocate ever further in search of remotely affordable living is not a positive.
London is certainly not the city it once was having out priced large segments of its population and the outward population flow is nothing new.

What would be a wonderful thing is allowing a diversity of occupations and interests to feel they could thrive in Sydney regardless of income and not just become a home of the over worked, and imported slaves living multiple in a room and idle rich. Pretty ordinary city under the circumstances.
Or better still, straighten those train tracks earlier than intended and allow occupations to thrive in Wollongong and Newcastle as well as Parramatta and Western Sydney and Sydney City. Great idea right?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or better still, straighten those train tracks earlier than intended and allow occupations to thrive in Wollongong and Newcastle as well as Parramatta and Western Sydney and Sydney City. Great idea right?
Well return tsunami population growth to normal rates, although that may well be too many as things stand, and develop Sydney . Obviously regional nearby centres should be improved and cater for more people, as the whole decentralisation of population growth to grow regional centres. That would indeed be a reason for immigration growth, done sensibly.

No way. Why should Parramatta and Western burbs be ever the plan to over populate in suburbs already struggling with poor infrastructure, high crime and poorer living standards. You want a city of eight million. Every where must share the pain that will impose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.