Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Reply

Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:33 am
  #151  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I'm beginning to think you actually believe that. Positive about what? Oh, you mean over loading Australia with mass migration. Well that is simply wrong. Not only wrong but totally unnecessary.
I think a lot was about yourself. You'd hardly call your posts looking out for the benefit of humanity.


Melbourne gangs? Most likely born here. As such not immigrants. As you know there are not the jobs. More skilled migrants working in petrol stations, cleaning, bus driving, security, an d the rest, hardly benefits the migrant and certainly does not benefit the country. I suppose if they are being under paid though, it will benefit the employer.
Already told you. There is no room for a fresh off the boat 7/11 worker in most Australia professional businesses. There's more to business than a sub continental degree most likely bought with daddies money.

Ever heard of communication, creativity, outside the box thinking? That's what the interviewer wants.

Remind me again why we don't want population growth that comes with the "right" type of immigration?

Oh yes it was:

1. Too scared a skilled immigrant will take your job or make you improve your ability in what you do, ultimately lifting the standard for everyone else.

2. Too scared a skilled immigrant will buy property, increasing prices (apparently they have money) preventing you from getting on the property ladder.

3. Too scared a skilled immigrant will accept a lower salary and in turn reduce yours. Kind of doesn't work that way with point 2.

4. Under the false illusion governments have stopped building tunnels, roads, bridges, schools, and new suburbs and you aren't going to be able to get to work in the mornings.

Has that covered it?
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:43 pm
  #152  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Too scared in times of economic crisis those happy to privatise the gains developed around plentiful immigration to be paid at cheap rates, will be cut lose socialising the cost on everybody else for starters.


Simply fact as you have been informed with repetition we do not need record immigration.


Government is so far behind the ball in infrastructure it will never catch up with the numbers flocking into Australia's two main cities.


Again it doesn't make the pie larger, it just means the pieces get smaller as much be shared among ever more.


Living standards fall as demands on hospitals, roads, schools, housing are compromised due to excessive demand.


Which country in the world has improved quality of life due to record immigration? Most want to cut theirs in the developing world as the strain on recourses are insupportable.


Some European countries want to increase populations but that is due to declining numbers. Australia was never in the league of Germany, Italy ,Japan in population decline. Neither as many aged.


The rush for world leading population growth is for mostly selfish reasons, although a greater vibe will likely occur over time, livening up Australia's fairly dull urban spread, the consequences of rapid growth happening nowhere else needs to be heavily weighed up.


The point being having thousands upon thousands of migrants working in jobs well below their education levels just to create a passive work force, easily to exploit for unscrupulous employers being?
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th 2018, 12:15 am
  #153  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post

Government is so far behind the ball in infrastructure it will never catch up with the numbers flocking into Australia's two main cities.
Yes that clown Bob Carr and his other Labor jokers let Sydney go. Thank goodness they are well and truly gone and the Libs have created the biggest infrastructure boom we have ever seen. In Australia that's currently $19 billion worth of projects and growing. Sydney will catch up easily, not sure how the other state Labor governments are going. Probably looking backward rather than forwards as per usual.

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Again it doesn't make the pie larger, it just means the pieces get smaller as much be shared among ever more.
Yes it does. Just like a mining boom boosted salaries in Perth, the infrastructure boom is doing the same in Sydney and Melbourne. Hence why I previously told you competent staff are nearly impossible to find locally. You see I am the man on the ground, you are not, still languishing in Perth's former glories. Don't worry though, mining is cautiously picking back up.

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Living standards fall as demands on hospitals, roads, schools, housing are compromised due to excessive demand.
Of course. Governments have stopped building hospitals, roads, schools, housing. This is where your argument comes completely unstuck because we all know the boom is on.

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Which country in the world has improved quality of life due to record immigration? Most want to cut theirs in the developing world as the strain on recourses are insupportable.
Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, .... shall I go on?

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Some European countries want to increase populations but that is due to declining numbers. Australia was never in the league of Germany, Italy ,Japan in population decline. Neither as many aged.
Yes Japan has never like immigration and look at the hole they are in

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The rush for world leading population growth is for mostly selfish reasons, although a greater vibe will likely occur over time, livening up Australia's fairly dull urban spread, the consequences of rapid growth happening nowhere else needs to be heavily weighed up.
Sounds good to me. The rush of your lowering of population is also for selfish reasons, which are far more evident and easier to expose than a growing population requirement.


Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The point being having thousands upon thousands of migrants working in jobs well below their education levels just to create a passive work force, easily to exploit for unscrupulous employers being?
There's the resentment against business rearing its ugly head again. It must have done bad things to you.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th 2018, 12:40 am
  #154  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Yes that clown Bob Carr and his other Labor jokers let Sydney go. Thank goodness they are well and truly gone and the Libs have created the biggest infrastructure boom we have ever seen. In Australia that's currently $19 billion worth of projects and growing. Sydney will catch up easily, not sure how the other state Labor governments are going. Probably looking backward rather than forwards as per usual.



Yes it does. Just like a mining boom boosted salaries in Perth, the infrastructure boom is doing the same in Sydney and Melbourne. Hence why I previously told you competent staff are nearly impossible to find locally. You see I am the man on the ground, you are not, still languishing in Perth's former glories. Don't worry though, mining is cautiously picking back up.



Of course. Governments have stopped building hospitals, roads, schools, housing. This is where your argument comes completely unstuck because we all know the boom is on.



Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, .... shall I go on?



Yes Japan has never like immigration and look at the hole they are in



Sounds good to me. The rush of your lowering of population is also for selfish reasons, which are far more evident and easier to expose than a growing population requirement.




There's the resentment against business rearing its ugly head again. It must have done bad things to you.

Last thing we need is another boom. This state has little future if mining is the only thing going for it outside of the constant boom/bust cycle.


The Lib's hand was forced. Of course they had to create an infrastructure boom, well after the horse had bolted, as the city was inundated with incomers and ever growing strain on facilities. It will not stop Sydney's growing social divide and ugliness likely to arrive from that.


Glad you mentioned New Zealand. They too are growing rapidly in immigration but the new government there has recognised the fact and apparently intends to take action.


USA? Really nothing to look at there. You likely would love Australia to follow such a path. Just amazing that you refer to yourself as a positive person. America is an example of a failing state in many aspects with regards to treatment of its people. Not a place any Australian should want this nation to emulate. I agree in general. The Anglo sphere world has all been following very flawed model over past decades to which the results are coming home to roost.


Well no. The intent to maintain population numbers or at least a minimal rise can hardly be called selfish. It allows for a system to remain rather more functional providing for and protecting for the needs of the people of that country, purely than the wishes and wants of borderless corporations that don't give a fig for national coherence besides the right to with hold tax and access to a plentiful supply of replaceable workers at whim.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th 2018, 1:40 am
  #155  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Last thing we need is another boom. This state has little future if mining is the only thing going for it outside of the constant boom/bust cycle.
Yep. Make hay while the sun shines. That's how farmers work. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, anyone moving for a better job is doing the same. That's life.

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The Lib's hand was forced. Of course they had to create an infrastructure boom, well after the horse had bolted, as the city was inundated with incomers and ever growing strain on facilities. It will not stop Sydney's growing social divide and ugliness likely to arrive from that.
Of course it was forced. Years of neglect from Carr and clowns.

Yes Sydney's geography doesn't lend itself well to people of similar economic standings living together. There is only a small portion of coastline where people can live, bounded by national park to the south and a river to the north, and everyone wants to live near the coast in Australia.

The city as it started wasn't far from the coast and all roads and train lines head toward that. It grew from there as cities do.

Part of the plan is to straighten those rail lines north and south to make medium speed commuting possible (currently its slow speed as it winds it way through hilly terrain) allowing more people to live on the coast and at the same time having 3 coastal cities accessible in a commute (4 if you include the central coast).

It is also planned to create further hubs in Sydney's west with transport links aiding those.

Check it out for yourself.

https://future.transport.nsw.gov.au/...out-this-plan/

and the projects currently happening and the future ones.

https://future.transport.nsw.gov.au/...e-initiatives/

Should be a good 30 years of work to do. Jump on board ..... choo choooo .... oh wait, somewhere down the track we may get a Labor government to screw all that up.


Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Glad you mentioned New Zealand. They too are growing rapidly in immigration but the new government there has recognised the fact and apparently intends to take action.


USA? Really nothing to look at there. You likely would love Australia to follow such a path. Just amazing that you refer to yourself as a positive person. America is an example of a failing state in many aspects with regards to treatment of its people. Not a place any Australian should want this nation to emulate. I agree in general. The Anglo sphere world has all been following very flawed model over past decades to which the results are coming home to roost.
Really, NZ, USA, Australia, and the UK to varying degrees not built on the back of immigrants? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Well no. The intent to maintain population numbers or at least a minimal rise can hardly be called selfish. It allows for a system to remain rather more functional providing for and protecting for the needs of the people of that country, purely than the wishes and wants of borderless corporations that don't give a fig for national coherence besides the right to with hold tax and access to a plentiful supply of replaceable workers at whim.
You seem to forget, that the plentiful supply of workers also benefit from a plentiful supply of jobs. Not our fault if you are stuck in a career without the desire to move.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:12 pm
  #156  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Yep. Make hay while the sun shines. That's how farmers work. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, anyone moving for a better job is doing the same. That's life.



Of course it was forced. Years of neglect from Carr and clowns.

Yes Sydney's geography doesn't lend itself well to people of similar economic standings living together. There is only a small portion of coastline where people can live, bounded by national park to the south and a river to the north, and everyone wants to live near the coast in Australia.

The city as it started wasn't far from the coast and all roads and train lines head toward that. It grew from there as cities do.

Part of the plan is to straighten those rail lines north and south to make medium speed commuting possible (currently its slow speed as it winds it way through hilly terrain) allowing more people to live on the coast and at the same time having 3 coastal cities accessible in a commute (4 if you include the central coast).

It is also planned to create further hubs in Sydney's west with transport links aiding those.

Check it out for yourself.

https://future.transport.nsw.gov.au/...out-this-plan/

and the projects currently happening and the future ones.

https://future.transport.nsw.gov.au/...e-initiatives/

Should be a good 30 years of work to do. Jump on board ..... choo choooo .... oh wait, somewhere down the track we may get a Labor government to screw all that up.




Really, NZ, USA, Australia, and the UK to varying degrees not built on the back of immigrants? Give me a break.



You seem to forget, that the plentiful supply of workers also benefit from a plentiful supply of jobs. Not our fault if you are stuck in a career without the desire to move.


You remain completely deluded I'm afraid. No explanation ever as to why Australia must run a record immigration intake. Nothing at all. Your not in the canvas/caravan business are you? Seems you have an admiration for others camping out but clueless as to how the over loading of Australia's main cities will be of benefit to anyone besides stake holders of assorted tastes.


An over supply of workers benefit no one but those whom exploit the fact. It will keep GDP appearing high with added spending from incomers setting up, but figures show others not spending.


Give yourself a break and present with slightly something more high brow than commenting that Australia, New Zealand etc were built on immigration. Are you incapable of argument other than wish washy stuff as that?


The argument IS NOT to cease immigration. The argument is to slow immigration. Nothing more than a return to normal historic rates and build infrastructure that has been sadly neglected in this country over time. We are not in boom times and Employment Australia, again I return you to POST 1 has stated Australia does not have a job shortage. Those areas which main well need staff would be amply catered for in a return to normal rates of immigration of about 100,000 a year.


There is no reason for Australia's population to have a growth level above many developing world countries and way above Western countries.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th 2018, 12:15 am
  #157  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
You remain completely deluded I'm afraid. No explanation ever as to why Australia must run a record immigration intake. Nothing at all. Your not in the canvas/caravan business are you? Seems you have an admiration for others camping out but clueless as to how the over loading of Australia's main cities will be of benefit to anyone besides stake holders of assorted tastes.


An over supply of workers benefit no one but those whom exploit the fact. It will keep GDP appearing high with added spending from incomers setting up, but figures show others not spending.


Give yourself a break and present with slightly something more high brow than commenting that Australia, New Zealand etc were built on immigration. Are you incapable of argument other than wish washy stuff as that?


The argument IS NOT to cease immigration. The argument is to slow immigration. Nothing more than a return to normal historic rates and build infrastructure that has been sadly neglected in this country over time. We are not in boom times and Employment Australia, again I return you to POST 1 has stated Australia does not have a job shortage. Those areas which main well need staff would be amply catered for in a return to normal rates of immigration of about 100,000 a year.


There is no reason for Australia's population to have a growth level above many developing world countries and way above Western countries.
Your information in post 1 is incorrect. Many sectors are suffering skills shortages as I have pointed out. Even the government has attempted to tighten the reigns on skills not needed, and help where they are. I posted you a link previously to where the shortages are. If you choose to ignore, your fault not mine.

I return you to post #112.

Hold on.

The main sector of migration growth has been in skilled migration, overseas students, and the Humanitarian Program

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...tionStatistics

Skilled migrants add to the economy as they pay tax. They put in more than they take out.

Overseas students add to the economy by paying whopping great fees, rent, etc. They are not eligible for welfare.

The Humanitarian Program. Ok lets say some add to the economy when they get work but many struggle upon arrival. But being nice we will let that fly.

Which one shall we choose?
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:36 am
  #158  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Your information in post 1 is incorrect. Many sectors are suffering skills shortages as I have pointed out. Even the government has attempted to tighten the reigns on skills not needed, and help where they are. I posted you a link previously to where the shortages are. If you choose to ignore, your fault not mine.

I return you to post #112.

Hold on.

The main sector of migration growth has been in skilled migration, overseas students, and the Humanitarian Program

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...tionStatistics

Skilled migrants add to the economy as they pay tax. They put in more than they take out.

Overseas students add to the economy by paying whopping great fees, rent, etc. They are not eligible for welfare.

The Humanitarian Program. Ok lets say some add to the economy when they get work but many struggle upon arrival. But being nice we will let that fly.

Which one shall we choose?
Well foreign students do pay a lot as do all in the immigration visa business, but they look on it as an investment with the aim to stay in Australia until at least getting PR. Once acquired that options are open to remain or stay. I've known quite a number actually who have returned with the financial rewards higher in Asia. Some do leave members of family behind on the other hand and commute between countries.


When the prospect of remaining in Australia became difficult some years back, numbers dropped. The big attraction is as I said be able to claim PR. Australian education is not rated that highly in comparison with USA and UK.
They can of course purchase houses when in Australia and not PR.


As I have written you make no argument what so ever on why Australia is running a record population policy not occurring in any other country.


Reason being of course is because there is no justification in overwhelming services, roads, housing ..


Todays West Australian headlines listed the blow out rates in waiting time of years to get to ascertain if an operation is even necessary. Let alone perform the actual operation. Not forgetting we are not any longer a big migration receiving state.


But you carry on waving the flag for lower living standards all round but one may wonder the reason you left your country of origin if advocating much the same over crowed, under funded, socially divided country increasingly similar to the one you left.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:14 am
  #159  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Four Corners, appears to be a must on ABC tv tomorrow night which covers the issue of over crowding our cities and the coming impacts of living standards.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:36 am
  #160  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Four Corners, appears to be a must on ABC tv tomorrow night which covers the issue of over crowding our cities and the coming impacts of living standards.
Cities = crowds. Get over it. Move to the country.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 5:02 am
  #161  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Cities = crowds. Get over it. Move to the country.
Love cities and crowds just don't go on pathetic responses which just goes towards further undermining any ability to discuss.


Go live in a real city if you like them so much. Sydney at such density levels hardly meets that criteria. But that is something completely void of over loading a city for the short term goal of a few.

Last edited by the troubadour; Mar 11th 2018 at 5:06 am.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 7:25 am
  #162  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Love cities and crowds just don't go on pathetic responses which just goes towards further undermining any ability to discuss.


Go live in a real city if you like them so much. Sydney at such density levels hardly meets that criteria. But that is something completely void of over loading a city for the short term goal of a few.
Best one you have in this country. Its a pity you don't like spending money and have to live in the 4th best.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 8:20 am
  #163  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Best one you have in this country. Its a pity you don't like spending money and have to live in the 4th best.
What's more the pity is your inability to move out of first grand through the acquisition of a knowledge based argument.


To help you along the road to understanding away from the insanity of your present 'welttanschauung' 'view of the world' in this case over loading immigration into cities a few facts for you to chew over.


Of 256,504 migrants aged between 25 to 34 whom immigrated to Australia and whom had DEGREE Level and ABOVE qualifications between the years 2011 to 2016, only 24% of those with such qualifications from non English speaking nations, manage to obtain employment in their area of expertise.


The figure for those from English speaking countries, came in higher at 58.8% higher but hardly worthy of crowing about.


The FACT remains Australia needs to REDUCE its immigration intake for the sake of incomers and those here longer, in order to maintain Living Standards....
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 11:34 pm
  #164  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 5,449
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

A reminder about Four Corners on ABC TV tonight at 8.30, for anyone with the remotest interest in the subject at hand.
the troubadour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th 2018, 11:39 pm
  #165  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,755
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
What's more the pity is your inability to move out of first grand through the acquisition of a knowledge based argument.


To help you along the road to understanding away from the insanity of your present 'welttanschauung' 'view of the world' in this case over loading immigration into cities a few facts for you to chew over.


Of 256,504 migrants aged between 25 to 34 whom immigrated to Australia and whom had DEGREE Level and ABOVE qualifications between the years 2011 to 2016, only 24% of those with such qualifications from non English speaking nations, manage to obtain employment in their area of expertise.


The figure for those from English speaking countries, came in higher at 58.8% higher but hardly worthy of crowing about.


The FACT remains Australia needs to REDUCE its immigration intake for the sake of incomers and those here longer, in order to maintain Living Standards....
And those basic stats say one thing. Wrong type of immigration. . Pretty sure we have been through that.

FWIW, I have never used anything from my degree in the real world and I know I am not alone. Useless degrees are another topic ...... I think you started a thread on that somewhere.
Beoz is online now  
Reply With Quote

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement