Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by Beoz
Only if they bring something to the table which is generally what skilled incomers do.

Paying entry level of any occupation anything above the 457 salary threshold is utter madness.

The age of entitlement is over, especially for entry level.
What all too many do of course is cut into established standards by working for less.

What does appear to be over is the age of fair play, entitlement is far from over, just now focused on the rich and Big Business.

Not a pretty world your cheering on......
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
What all too many do of course is cut into established standards by working for less.

What does appear to be over is the age of fair play, entitlement is far from over, just now focused on the rich and Big Business.

Not a pretty world your cheering on......
If you think you are under paid, leave.

The age of entitlement is over and the age of self responsibility is here.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

If you think you are under paid, leave.

The age of entitlement is over and the age of self responsibility is here.

Exploitation comes in numerous forms being under paid, maybe, but not even necessary one of them.

The age of entitlement is alive and well for Corporations and the rich.

Obviously those feeling misused or under valued, under mined or under paid need to make their voice heard. Individually will not work. It is not about getting another job and more of the same but getting respect and not bullied into submission by employer.

Very obvious you are limited in your experience of work culture.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Exploitation comes in numerous forms being under paid, maybe, but not even necessary one of them.

The age of entitlement is alive and well for Corporations and the rich.

Obviously those feeling misused or under valued, under mined or under paid need to make their voice heard. Individually will not work. It is not about getting another job and more of the same but getting respect and not bullied into submission by employer.

Very obvious you are limited in your experience of work culture.
Maybe you need to take some actions here. If you are not happy in your place of employment or are being bullied, what steps have you taken?

First and foremost, have you considered looking for a new job? Are you documenting the bullying experiences? Have you spoken with the bully? You sound like you are in a union - have you spoken to them? HR (most likely a big fat waste of time there).
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe you need to take some actions here. If you are not happy in your place of employment or are being bullied, what steps have you taken?

First and foremost, have you considered looking for a new job? Are you documenting the bullying experiences? Have you spoken with the bully? You sound like you are in a union - have you spoken to them? HR (most likely a big fat waste of time there).
Does life really only spin around your orbit? What I write does not impact me ,but it is a fact of life and becoming ever more so. Toxic work places are far too common, although I don't experience as such, I have certainly come across it at though and as I can say is I do not need to be advised to 'take some action'. It comes with being mortgage and debt free and not being overly concerned with money as such cannot be victimised nor would I allow it but can make it rather difficult for those off side.

Sadly all to many are not that fortunate and endure very authoritarian management structure and all that entails. Such things make people sick. Very sick in some cases. It is not as easy as finding another job in many cases. The requirement of verbal reference's gives a lot of power to the person in position, too often useless at the task they are employed to do but perfectly matching their psychopath tendency.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does life really only spin around your orbit? What I write does not impact me ,but it is a fact of life and becoming ever more so. Toxic work places are far too common, although I don't experience as such, I have certainly come across it at though and as I can say is I do not need to be advised to 'take some action'. It comes with being mortgage and debt free and not being overly concerned with money as such cannot be victimised nor would I allow it but can make it rather difficult for those off side.

Sadly all to many are not that fortunate and endure very authoritarian management structure and all that entails. Such things make people sick. Very sick in some cases. It is not as easy as finding another job in many cases. The requirement of verbal reference's gives a lot of power to the person in position, too often useless at the task they are employed to do but perfectly matching their psychopath tendency.
I really don't believe the first bit when you finish it off with the last. This really sounds like its your situation.

Anyhow, moving on, I saw this interesting article. Rather than complain or be slave to the rental market, this creative young lady is doing some interesting stuff.

House prices in Sydney: Woman lives in caravan to avoid expenses

More people like here needed in this world.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I really don't believe the first bit when you finish it off with the last. This really sounds like its your situation.

Anyhow, moving on, I saw this interesting article. Rather than complain or be slave to the rental market, this creative young lady is doing some interesting stuff.

House prices in Sydney: Woman lives in caravan to avoid expenses

More people like here needed in this world.
Not overly bothered what you believe. But no, more people like that are certainly not needed. I suppose we could have tent/caravan parks for those with the inability to afford alternatives, but better still organise the masses whose number ever increases due to the shite going on and demand change. Return Sydney to a place that is rightfully for everybody.

The rot needs to stop and changes will come. Even if only due to demographics. Unfortunately Australians are slow to create a fuss.

Just glad I do not inhabit your orbit. I believe you genuinely cannot arrive at an understanding that some still do things for altruistic purposes without any self gain, besides the creation of a fairer and more liveable society.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just glad I do not inhabit your orbit.I believe you genuinely cannot arrive at an understanding that some still do things for altruistic purposes without any self gain, besides the creation of a fairer and more liveable society.
Why would you not want to be in my orbit? Mine is happy, positive, one where I make sure I don't blame others, contribute, rarely take.

Yours is at the complete polar opposite and sounds so unappealing.

Each to their own I guess.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why would you not want to be in my orbit? Mine is happy, positive, one where I make sure I don't blame others, contribute, rarely take.

Yours is at the complete polar opposite and sounds so unappealing.

Each to their own I guess.
Reason being without getting too personal you come over as a rather innocent, naïve and not too worldly sort of fellow. Acceptance and pushing debateable political dogma does not necessary equate a positive outlook. Besides your mind boggling mortgage of course,...along with a strong desire to over play bourgeois fantasies and just too mainstream in approach but besides flawed politics which have been toned 'down' a little perhaps.....nothing of note in common ..but as you say each to their own. Still glad to be on a very different orbit......
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reason being without getting too personal you come over as a rather innocent, naïve and not too worldly sort of fellow. Acceptance and pushing debateable political dogma does not necessary equate a positive outlook. Besides your mind boggling mortgage of course,...along with a strong desire to over play bourgeois fantasies and just too mainstream in approach but besides flawed politics which have been toned 'down' a little perhaps.....nothing of note in common ..but as you say each to their own. Still glad to be on a very different orbit......
I don't want to show you up. You get a kick out of telling us how many countries you've lived in.

"Innocent" and "Naive". I like that ....... yeah not quite. The world is full of negatives. People lose jobs, people have to consider spending money carefully, people have a bully at work. I have never once said the above never happens, least of all to me, its what you do with it that counts. "Miserable", "Negative", "Shadow of former self" is how I would describe you.

My mortgage isn't that big fella. Popping the make up on the grand old lady is what costs me. I know it hurts you to hear that. Pretty sure I told you before.

Last edited by Beoz; Mar 6th 2018 at 9:23 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't need to show you up. You get a kick out of telling us how many countries you've lived in.

"Innocent" and "Naive". I like that ....... yeah not quite. The world is full of negatives. People loose jobs, people have to consider spending money carefully, people have a bully at work. I have never once said the above never happens, least of all to me, its what you do with it that counts. "Miserable", "Negative", "Shadow of former self" is how I would describe you.

My mortgage isn't that big fella. Popping the make up on the grand old lady is what costs me. I know it hurts you to hear that. Pretty sure I told you before.
Well grand for you. But besides 'protecting' your real estate purchase from returning to realistic prices I see no other reason for your to continually bag on about the necessity of record immigration.
To my thinking you come across as very Anglo centric, and as such unworldly. A comment you didn't deny so will leave that one there.

But your comment on people camping out in order to get around the spiralling cost of living in Sydney says a lot about you.
No , it is not what you are in the ego sense, certainly not in entirety but obviously need to be in a position to contribute towards change, but the sort of person you are in relation to the world around you. You support growing inequality for example but call yourself a positive person. You come down on Unions but have no answer for those being exploited or abused in work places ....you support the over loading of Australia, even though, refer to post 1 there is no need as there is little to no job shortage.

You fail to articulate what is exactly wrong with a return to migration norms. Nobody said stopping it. A very convoluted example of positivity.

Your idea of positivity appears to be giving the thumbs up to the dogma you spew on these threads although thankfully less than past times.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well grand for you. But besides 'protecting' your real estate purchase from returning to realistic prices I see no other reason for your to continually bag on about the necessity of record immigration.
To my thinking you come across as very Anglo centric, and as such unworldly. A comment you didn't deny so will leave that one there.

But your comment on people camping out in order to get around the spiralling cost of living in Sydney says a lot about you.
No , it is not what you are in the ego sense, certainly not in entirety but obviously need to be in a position to contribute towards change, but the sort of person you are in relation to the world around you. You support growing inequality for example but call yourself a positive person. You come down on Unions but have no answer for those being exploited or abused in work places ....you support the over loading of Australia, even though, refer to post 1 there is no need as there is little to no job shortage.

You fail to articulate what is exactly wrong with a return to migration norms. Nobody said stopping it. A very convoluted example of positivity.

Your idea of positivity appears to be giving the thumbs up to the dogma you spew on these threads although thankfully less than past times.
You didn't read the article. .... again. The girl wants to live inner city and save a few bucks and house her caravan. Its not about costs, its about creativity. And this is exactly what your moaning lacks.

You really need to move beyond the moan and into the proactive. Its doing you no favours.

Already told you about the right type of immigration. It clearly doesn't fit with your agenda but time and time again you fail to produce any evidence about your argument.

Unions could do a lot better for their members. You know my stance on that and where they should do better.

Your outdated ideals are not doing you any favours. Time to change. Everyone else is.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You didn't read the article. .... again. The girl wants to live inner city and save a few bucks and house her caravan. Its not about costs, its about creativity. And this is exactly what your moaning lacks.

You really need to move beyond the moan and into the proactive. Its doing you no favours.

Already told you about the right type of immigration. It clearly doesn't fit with your agenda but time and time again you fail to produce any evidence about your argument.

Unions could do a lot better for their members. You know my stance on that and where they should do better.

Your outdated ideals are not doing you any favours. Time to change. Everyone else is.
Afraid your the one out dated with your eighties policies. People have moved on and by and large detected the lies that they have been fed. Time for change and living in a caravan will not be the solution to an induced problem.

You appear to know nothing about immigration and right type and such baloney. Speaking out is proactive in most books. Acceptance and telling yourself it is all too hard is not an option to change. Only fascist thinking of either side would attempt to curtail speaking out.

I'm afraid the world is a hard place and there are those attempting to make it a darn sight harder. Resistance in what ever shape or form that one can muster is highly appropriate. Hence uncovering the flawed policy that you continually sprout. I prefer countering such lies by critique. Others will have their ways which sadly are likely to encourage darker tendencies.
Even The Australian today quoted Immigration Minister with regards to ghettos forming. It looks like race is becoming ever more an issue and we all know how devious The Lib's can be attempting to chase a few votes.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

. Acceptance and telling yourself it is all too hard is not an option to change.
I never had to change .. ... I was positive to begin with, and never had a resentful me me me axe to grind.

Even The Australian today quoted Immigration Minister with regards to ghettos forming. It looks like race is becoming ever more an issue and we all know how devious The Lib's can be attempting to chase a few votes.
Melbourne gangs by chance? Yes wrong type of immigration.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I never had to change .. ... I was positive to begin with, and never had a resentful me me me axe to grind.

Melbourne gangs by chance? Yes wrong type of immigration.
I'm beginning to think you actually believe that. Positive about what? Oh, you mean over loading Australia with mass migration. Well that is simply wrong. Not only wrong but totally unnecessary.
I think a lot was about yourself. You'd hardly call your posts looking out for the benefit of humanity.

Melbourne gangs? Most likely born here. As such not immigrants. As you know there are not the jobs. More skilled migrants working in petrol stations, cleaning, bus driving, security, an d the rest, hardly benefits the migrant and certainly does not benefit the country. I suppose if they are being under paid though, it will benefit the employer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.