BBQ Cook Books

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice
Talking BBQ Cook Books

I have just read a thread where someone mentioned that they had bought a bbq book from boots and I thought this was a fantastic Christmas present idea for my Oz boyf this year before we return to Oz next year!

I have had a look on Amazon and have found the following three books and just wondered if anyone else had purchased these and what they thought of them (bit of a long shot but hey worth a try! )

Barbeque Bible by Steven Raichlen
Blistering Barbeque by Kate Tunnicliff
The Barbeque Book - Burgers to Banquets by Jim Marks
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Mr Pants is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BBQ Cook Books

Ainsley Harriot does a great bbq cook book
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilso16
I have just read a thread where someone mentioned that they had bought a bbq book from boots and I thought this was a fantastic Christmas present idea for my Oz boyf this year before we return to Oz next year!

I have had a look on Amazon and have found the following three books and just wondered if anyone else had purchased these and what they thought of them (bit of a long shot but hey worth a try! )

That was me It was the BBQ Bible one I bought
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
That was me It was the BBQ Bible one I bought
Such a great idea - I have been struggling for things to get him and he will love it!!
Thanks!

What is the book like?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Such a great idea - I have been struggling for things to get him and he will love it!!
Thanks!

What is the book like?

Erm, I haven't looked at it. When he gets home I'll ask him where he's hid it and have a proper look.

I've told hubby that BBQ's are mens work and I have no interest in anything except eating it.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:23 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: BBQ Cook Books

Erm, I haven't looked at it. When he gets home I'll ask him where he's hid it and have a proper look.

I've told hubby that BBQ's are mens work and I have no interest in anything except eating it.
My Mrs bought me this one before we came out.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...283155&s=books

I heard it is the BIBLE of all BBQ books...Its still in a box somewhere in the garage .
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I'm impressed. My man wont even read the instructions on the back of a packet of pasta let alone read a cook book.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:47 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Married to a South African, I am always ushered away from the BBQ with the phrase 'Burn meat, man's work'.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:59 am
I'd rather be Buzz!!

SylvieKid is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife bought me a book on barbecuing and it's full of scantily clad women!?!? Talk about getting me interested in cooking!! I can't even remember who it's by and what it's called (honest, I have been looking at the recipes!!) Ahem - not sure it'll be any use here mind and I think perhaps I'll give some of these others a go instead?!?! If anyone IS interested in an idiots guide to barbecuing, with lots of 'blokey' jokes in then let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.....
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to know anything about bbqing don't bother about getting a book, ask me instead. As a South African I know everything there is to know about it. We are the bbq masters. Don't bother asking an Aussie either, they have not got a clue about how to do it properly.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:54 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If you want to know anything about bbqing don't bother about getting a book, ask me instead. As a South African I know everything there is to know about it. We are the bbq masters. Don't bother asking an Aussie either, they have not got a clue about how to do it properly.
See earlier post! My point made!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

So do you want to come and live with us and then you can cook all of our bbq's for us!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:54 pm
A rather curious boy

So do you want to come and live with us and then you can cook all of our bbq's for us!!

Don't. He'll drink all your beer!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Mate - can you explain exactly what techniques you use which differ to Aussie - or European, BBQing?

All I've learnt is to get it all piping hot, like at least half way up the temp gauge as a starter, then cook very quickly, turning as little as possible.

Poms seem to turn and turn and turn and play all day.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 1:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Mate - can you explain exactly what techniques you use which differ to Aussie - or European, BBQing?

All I've learnt is to get it all piping hot, like at least half way up the temp gauge as a starter, then cook very quickly, turning as little as possible.

Poms seem to turn and turn and turn and play all day.
As most bbqers are men, that's all they do all day anyway, normally with hands deep in pockets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.