Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC World Service

BBC World Service

Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default BBC World Service

What is the best way to get the BBC World Service here? I was thinking of getting a portable SW radio - is that the easiest and cheapest option?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:09 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BBC World Service

If you get broadband internet, listen to it from the BBC web site?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I also like to listen to it in the shower and garden and I was thinking it would be handy on business trips and holidays.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:12 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: BBC World Service

I used to pick it up on regular FM radio (albeit in the small hours of the night).
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:23 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you bother, ? Like i know i have lived here in my country , for 40+ years , and the radio news is the same the world over, its only the serious thngs that you need to hear about,and they are far and few between.
Just chill and go with the flow , and adapt your self to your new home......mm
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:20 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: BBC World Service

Well, if I am to be honest, it's all about Charlotte Green's voice...
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Just tune into ABC news radio, virtually every report is courtesy of the BBC anyway, plus huge sections of the programe are direct BBC world transmissions, plus they have DW reports(German) and Dutch world service both in English, its a great combination with some really great and interesting topics. The ABC is great but unfortunately its budget has been slashed over the last 20 years(courtesy of John Howard and no license fee)so they now rely heavily on overseas providers.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Just tune into ABC news radio, virtually every report is courtesy of the BBC anyway, plus huge sections of the programe are direct BBC world transmissions, plus they have DW reports(German) and Dutch world service both in English, its a great combination with some really great and interesting topics. The ABC is great but unfortunately its budget has been slashed over the last 20 years(courtesy of John Howard and no license fee)so they now rely heavily on overseas providers.
Exactly what i do. ABC is fine for what it is but to discover what is not top of the pops with regards to happenings in our world ,then the other stations fill in the many gaps.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by papilon
Just tune into ABC news radio, virtually every report is courtesy of the BBC anyway, plus huge sections of the programe are direct BBC world transmissions, plus they have DW reports(German) and Dutch world service both in English, its a great combination with some really great and interesting topics.
+1 and then at 00:00 they switch to BBC World Service.

Just in time for Alan Green and 5Live on a Saturday night "and we welcome our listeners on the world service..." - never thought that would include me!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:13 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

For me the World Service on ABC News Radio is a godsend - it almost makes my 1:00am until 6:00am working days seem bearable.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:39 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: BBC World Service

I used to listen to it on my way home from night shift.

Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kell Richards is the best Aussie radio broadcaster
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up listening to BBC WS in Africa. It's a great setup and something that the UK can be really proud of.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:41 pm
Fighting my corner

Red face Re: BBC World Service

So am I the only Charlotte Green fan here...?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:45 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have Foxtel you can listen to it through the 'air' channel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.