Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by esperanza
Bless, maybe she didn't practise the autocue script!
I still don't get why they offered the entire state of QLD, but just Sydney in NSW. What about other parts of NSW?! Do people really think that QLD is one destination, like a really big town?
we're off to NSW......they only got as far as The Gong.....we're going a couple of hours south of that. Here's hoping the one of the other episodes to be shown lets us see more of the coastal towns
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BertieB
I noticed that too.......cheep skates. Loved the last house with the home cinema
I also thought that about the difference in rental places!

My favourite house today was the $1million on the lake - 4,000sq metres of land with a 'small 2 bed house' - flippin mansion more like - in the grounds utter heaven ..... I can but dream !

K x
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

steve&emb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bootons
Hi Everyone,

First time on this forum for us..!

We are on the BBC programme featuring Adelaide and I have asked the BBC for dates the programme is due to be shown and will advise accordingly.

We are on our way to Adelaide sometime between April & June and would love to hear from anybody doing the same.

Regards

Steve & Jeanette
Hi Steve & Jeanette,
Just saw you on the telly last week - famous eh!
We've just received our visas for Adelaide so it's decision time.
We visited Adelaide last October and travelled around a bit - Hallett Cove, West Lakes, Stirling and the City etc but couldn't seem to find an area that felt right!
Have you decided where and when to go? Also noticed you went to Flagstaff Hill - Any good?
We have 3 kids under 10, so schooling is important.
Would love to hear your views/experiences.
Steve & Emma
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

soniap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve&emb
Hi Steve & Jeanette,
Just saw you on the telly last week - famous eh!
We've just received our visas for Adelaide so it's decision time.
We visited Adelaide last October and travelled around a bit - Hallett Cove, West Lakes, Stirling and the City etc but couldn't seem to find an area that felt right!
Have you decided where and when to go? Also noticed you went to Flagstaff Hill - Any good?
We have 3 kids under 10, so schooling is important.
Would love to hear your views/experiences.
Steve & Emma
Steve and Emma
As a family we are hoping to emmigrate and live in Adelaide. Our friends live in Golden Grove and seem very happy there. If I can help you with further info let me know.
Sonia xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:43 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Loved todays but maybe because they were in Perth
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:16 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I love them all, can't wait to get back from the school run to watch it!

My poor friend wonders why I don't do coffee in the mornings anymore!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I love them all, can't wait to get back from the school run to watch it!

My poor friend wonders why I don't do coffee in the mornings anymore!
I don't like the shows format , i am sure it was made for ITV because it recaps so much they think the viewers are simpletons and forgot what was said 10 mins ago , its 45 mins where as ITV would have stretched it to an hour with damned adverts . i love to see whats there , house ect , i like the ppl but i think the emotional blackmail at the end is needless and pointless . i just think its out of order and unfair .

i have to say the guy on fridays seemed not to have done his homework ... there he is washing his porsche & saying theres more to life than money ... then gets there and says the wages are low ! ... dude sell yer porsche & the bmw 4x4 and bank yer money

rant over ,

S
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:11 pm
Bionic by birth !

bionic-bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
... dude sell yer porsche & the bmw 4x4 and bank yer money

rant over ,

S
Couldn't put it better if I tried....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:20 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Took the words right out of my mouth

He could have sold his house and bought a smaller house than he was looking at over there.

kaye
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wardy2
Took the words right out of my mouth

He could have sold his house and bought a smaller house than he was looking at over there.

kaye
Yeah , i get the impression they thought they were gonna struggle , , hell if i had 2 cars worth 20K+ each and house worth 500K i would find i could live there very comfy with no mortgage

aaaaaghhhhh !!

is me or what ?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if they will be doing one in Melbourne?
I'm dying to see an episode there but no luck yet.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Kapri - they are only doing Sydney, Brisbane, ADelaide and Perth and the environs.....
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Yeah , i get the impression they thought they were gonna struggle , , hell if i had 2 cars worth 20K+ each and house worth 500K i would find i could live there very comfy with no mortgage

aaaaaghhhhh !!

is me or what ?
I think to some people possesions are more important than lifestyle - silly really
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
I think to some people possesions are more important than lifestyle - silly really
and to quote the guy " more to life than money "
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

and to quote the guy " more to life than money "
Seems to be a Porsche - oooo suits you sir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.