Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:27 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Does anyone know how many of the couples who were on WDU are members on BE?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:31 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Ive resorted to watching the repeat episodes still on the iplayer, that will keep me going for a few days at least
I know, I NEED MY FIX too, its getting soooo bad im going to have to resort to watching neighbours!Last time I watched that was when Scott n Charlene got married 20 years ago!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Kristo has a spectacular aura aboutKristo has a spectacular aura aboutKristo has a spectacular aura about

No need to apologise deyrans. South Australia can't afford to ignore stories like yours. Good luck to you in the future.

Here's hoping the upswing in SA continues for many years to come

PEOPLE - WE NEED PEOPLE!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Does anyone know how many of the couples who were on WDU are members on BE?
I think there are about 4. I also think that the Welsh family who appeared on one of the very early series of A new life down under post here.

The lady teacher from Witney who went to Brisbane and then Adelaide
The carpet fitter from Bedford whose wife was from the NE, went to QLD
The couple from Reading I think who have yet to sell their house and are on their way to Perth
Ruth and Partner from Yorkshire who are heading to Cairns.

Also thought of the couple that moved to Melbourne, she was a nurse and sadly he was a bit of a whinger. They featured on a series where you could test drive a move back to the UK.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi,

I was watching something on Sky + this morning and noticed a new WDU was included in the planner - it is on next Wednesday but it doesn't give the Programme Synopsis so I can't tell you if it's a repeat or a revisited.

Colin
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:10 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think there are about 4. I also think that the Welsh family who appeared on one of the very early series of A new life down under post here.

The lady teacher from Witney who went to Brisbane and then Adelaide
The carpet fitter from Bedford whose wife was from the NE, went to QLD
The couple from Reading I think who have yet to sell their house and are on their way to Perth
Ruth and Partner from Yorkshire who are heading to Cairns.

Also thought of the couple that moved to Melbourne, she was a nurse and sadly he was a bit of a whinger. They featured on a series where you could test drive a move back to the UK.
Thanks C. Have you any idea whether the Indian couple from Luton came over? They were the fussiest couple yet imo. It seems they expected house prices to have stood still in 4 years.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:29 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Finally got to sit down today to watch some the revisted programmes as I taped them all whilst I was on holiday to find that my husband has taped over them all!!! :curse: Grrrr!!! Anyone know if the revisted programmes will get repeated in the early hours of the am as they are right now with the send series??
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:37 pm

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Finally got to sit down today to watch some the revisted programmes as I taped them all whilst I was on holiday to find that my husband has taped over them all!!! :curse: Grrrr!!! Anyone know if the revisted programmes will get repeated in the early hours of the am as they are right now with the send series??
For the past week there hasnt been any episodes and im soooooooooo missing them i need my daily oz fix!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Racht70
For the past week there hasnt been any episodes and im soooooooooo missing them i need my daily oz fix!

Think you need a fix of getting out more lol
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?

Think you need a fix of getting out more lol
Ha! i wish..Im 12 weeks off finishing my degree therefore I have no life!
Thank god for this forum...its my little fix in between writing essays.

Last edited by Racht70; Feb 14th 2008 at 7:23 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Ha! i wish..Im 12 weeks off finishing my degree therefore I have no life!
Thank god for this forum...its my little fix in between writing essays.
Karma sent. I can remember what those last weeks of a degree course where like. I done the ironing, housework,watched rubbish on TV anyhting to delay sitting down to finish that essay. Handed it in and went straight to the pub, best of luck
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:40 pm

Awww thanks for that Mandy xx, yup anything to get out of writing an essay, especially when its on Analysing Public effing Policy yuk! xx
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Monday 3.20am BBC1, looks like they are repeating this year's newbies?

Wanted Down Under
Mon 18 Feb, 3:20 am - 4:05 am 45mins

Single mum Claire Mathlin from Newport wants her two sons to have a better life than she had, so she's hoping a move to Melbourne would give them a brighter future.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Monday 3.20am BBC1, looks like they are repeating this year's newbies?
Nice one, ta for that,...got the V+ set up already.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by welshtaffy
JUST A UPDATE.....

remeber the single mother and her 2 boys from the south wales valley's...worked in the ICU at the Royal Gwent hospital????

well i went to a birthday party this afternoon..with my son as it was his friends party...and got talking to another mother of a child there..and she mentioned that she works in the ICU..so i asked her if she knew the women that was on the show WDU??..and she said yerso i asked her if she knew she was still making the move,and guess what??

yep..her and the boys are heading out to Melbourne at the end of the month..and she got a job lined up straight away

so i thought i would let you guys all know

so good luck and all the best to her

i posted back last week,above is claire the single mother

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.