Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by bluejohn
I saw todays programme. I too felt that it was going to be very difficult for them, daughter staying behind , the house not being sold and the business maybe a sale going through. I really liked this family, where they live in Devon looked really lovely. I hope they make it. Yesterdays with the butcher from Luton was interesting , they were very well grounded and didn't expect everything straight away and that was a nice changed, on many of these shows everyone seems to want everything without working and waiting for it.
Good Luck to both families.

I agree, very nice families yesterday and today. The updates generally seem to be more sensible - reporting how things are rather than an idealised view. Hopefully the programme will publicise todays family's house and they can sell it. It looked a lovely spot. It's a hard choice they have to make though. The eldest girl staying behind and the youngest was looking a bit doubtful about going too. mind you, if they could leave them in the house paying rent, it might solve all their problems.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:09 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched today (and have been for the past few weeks) did you see the scenery from the window in the first house it took my breathe away...yesterdays family was my fav show so far, i loved that mondo butcher fella i bet hes a great boss good luck to em...well to all of them.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

WHIPPERSNAPPER is an unknown quantity at this point

im gutted iv missed all the series. do you think they will be on repeat on sky sometime soon?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WHIPPERSNAPPER
im gutted iv missed all the series. do you think they will be on repeat on sky sometime soon?
You're not keen on reading whole threads then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/atoz/?filter=azgroup:wxyz
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Can someone please tell me if this programme is reapeated in the evenings, and if so what channel and time? I work during the day, but reading this post has made me want to watch it!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Sorry, only just read the previous post, please accept my apologies, and thanks for the link!!!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

WHIPPERSNAPPER is an unknown quantity at this point

It's 124 pages long...im at work and can only snatch a few minutes.
Thanks for the link.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

THANK YOU EVERYONE so much for the warm wishes. I will get around to thanking everyone that wished us well via PM.
As for when we are getting out to Perth. Well with good news comes bad. We got our visas on Tuesday but later on the Monday we had the call that the offer on our house had been retracted. (Go past GO & don’t pick up £200) Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Still with every cloud comes a silver lining. So I’m told. The truth of the matter is this once the house is sold then we are out of there.
Once again thanks “BE” for all your support, you all have been great & made mine & Gamma’s life so much easier knowing that we have knowledge & support from you guy’s. I only hope the people who I’m talking to via PM at the moment are getting the same support back. (u know who u r)
Be reassured as soon as the house is sold you guys will be the first to know.
Thanks again Paul, Gemma, Coby & Jorden (the Larner’s)
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:46 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

just watched todays programme on bbci player/ i must say i have really enjoyed watching the catchups so far.

Best of luck to the larners, i really wish the uk house selling business was like scotland..its so infuriating when the sale falls through.. it happened to us too. Thankfully we have another buyer but only after knocking 10k off the price!! Sent you some karma
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
THANK YOU EVERYONE so much for the warm wishes. I will get around to thanking everyone that wished us well via PM.
As for when we are getting out to Perth. Well with good news comes bad. We got our visas on Tuesday but later on the Monday we had the call that the offer on our house had been retracted. (Go past GO & don’t pick up £200) Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Still with every cloud comes a silver lining. So I’m told. The truth of the matter is this once the house is sold then we are out of there.
Once again thanks “BE” for all your support, you all have been great & made mine & Gamma’s life so much easier knowing that we have knowledge & support from you guy’s. I only hope the people who I’m talking to via PM at the moment are getting the same support back. (u know who u r)
Be reassured as soon as the house is sold you guys will be the first to know.
Thanks again Paul, Gemma, Coby & Jorden (the Larner’s)
That is so annoying, it happened to us as well. Offer for house accepted then a week later they withdrew it. Took us another 6 weeks but we've sold it now, just waiting on the paperwork to be signed then we'll be booking our tickets.

Keep the faith, a buyer is out there somewhere. You should add "as seen on BBC1's Wanted Down Under" to your schedule/advertising!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Both valid points. My trouble is, that only being young, I forget that families have been paying off mortgages, saving, and had properties rise in value for 20-30 odd years. I suppose them selling the business and their flat meant they had money to come over with.

God how I envy you mature people lol. I've had about 3 years of working to save money lol, so I need to mortgage pretty much the whole cost.
The bloke on the programme did say they would have to have a $400k (about $3k a month he said) mortgage to buy that house so I don't really see how that's affordable on $50k a year (about $800 a week take home).

The prices were affordable 3 yrs ago when we went to Perth, especially if you had equity from the UK but I don't know how anyone without a big chunk of money would be able to afford to buy a decent house on the wages over there.

Jo
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
The bloke on the programme did say they would have to have a $400k (about $3k a month he said) mortgage to buy that house so I don't really see how that's affordable on $50k a year (about $800 a week take home).

The prices were affordable 3 yrs ago when we went to Perth, especially if you had equity from the UK but I don't know how anyone without a big chunk of money would be able to afford to buy a decent house on the wages over there.

Jo
That is why so many people are choosing other places in Australia now. The folk that can afford those kind of mortgages are in the resources industry where people are regularly earning at least $85 per hour not your ordinary Joe Bloggs.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

LOVED today's show. What a lovely family and dare i saw what a dishy fella
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:24 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
I hope I can help out on this. As you all know by now I was lucky enough to go out to Perth with the BBC last year. The house the BBC rented for the duration of our stay was from “get settled in Perth” Lovely couple, Lyndzey & Ralph. I phoned Ralph up at the beginning of the year and he informed me he was in the middle of winding down Get settled in Perth and moving on to Victoria on the eastern side of Australia. I have just tried their web site but it’s all closed down. So one would guess they have rapped it all up by now. Sorry for the bad news.

I do have some good news THE LARNER’S GOT THEIR VISA’S TODAY
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
:t humbup:
Good for you all the best , I hope you enjoy your new life
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
LOVED today's show. What a lovely family and dare i saw what a dishy fella
You can indeed if I can say that I'll definitely be going to see Boo in Sydney (yesterday's show) to get my hair cut!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.