Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:07 pm
Bird

Clair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I thought that too. That bloke was NEVER going to leave his family firm. What made me laugh was the way he looked down his nose at those houses which were SO much nicer than their UK house.
I would have to agree with you all too! I did actually feel sorry for her and the eldest one who did want to go but like you said there was just no way he was ever going to leave his family behind. I'm gonna miss mine but what the hell we only live once and they're only a phone call or e-mail away.

Oh and the woman Claire today with her lovely two boys well she was great really liked her and the boys were so well behaved well done to her and good luck I hope she makes it out there.

Last edited by Clair and Darren Kleba; Jan 16th 2008 at 7:21 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:15 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ASHO
Sorry they were great!!!!

Thats ok they are members on here so we have to look after them
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:36 pm
doncaster....to....perth

midds will become famous soon enough

I think a lot have just gone for the free holiday, even the ones that went to Cairns. Dont get me wrong they were a nice couple but they had already been so knew what to expect, it would have been nice to let someone who couldnt afford the reccie to have a chance.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies if this has already been said but I ain't reading back through 100 pages! I'd really like to see a follow up programme, featuring those families that have emigrated just to see how they got on, what difficulties they've faced, what lessons they've learned etc. Would be really useful for someone like me who is planning on going this year.

I really enjoy the programme but hate the constant recaps!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:03 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Follow ups start next week one is a BE member
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Follow ups start next week one is a BE member
Wow, I should wish more often!

OK I wish I could sell my house so we can emigrate!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:18 pm
aka DORIS

My powers aren't that great I wish you luck though

Updates start wednesday I pinched this from another forum I am not allowed to mention on here

BBC 1 Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 9:15am to 10:00am
The Warners - Revisited.

Nadia Sawalha catches up with previous Wanted Down Under families. Last year, the Warner family from Oxfordshire were considering moving to Queensland's capital, Brisbane. Bob had been dreaming of emigrating for years, and teacher Libby was wanted down under because of the Australian skills shortage. But teenager Emily was reluctant, to say the least. So 12 months later, where are they now?

BBC 1 Thursday, January 24th, 2008 9:15am to 10:00am
The Larners - Revisited.
Nadia Sawalha catches up with previous Wanted Down Under families. Last year, the Larner family from Berkshire were considering a move to Perth, Western Australia. Electrician Paul found he'd have no trouble finding work, if he could get over his spider phobia, but wife Gemma was worried about leaving friends and family behind. One year on, where are they now?

BBC 1 Friday, January 25th, 20089:15am to 10:00am
The Jones - Revisited. (aka OUR VERY OWN "DONOVAN"!)

Nadia Sawalha catches up with previous Wanted Down Under families. Last year, the Jones family from Bedfordshire were considering a move to Australia's Gold Coast. Carpet layer Don found he could earn as much as in the UK, and with property prices cheaper, wife Sarah just had to get over her guilt about leaving friends and family behind. So one year on, where are the Jones family now?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Sure I see his point about job security etc but he is only young and as another poster said surely his father would have let him back in the business if things really didn't work out in Aus?

Perhaps he should have said no to the whole Wanted Down Under trip in the first place. Taking part must have got his wife's hopes up and made her want to go even more when he had no intention of leaving UK from the start
Yeah can see your point about him getting her hopes up. Hope she can settle for what she has and doesn't end up throwing it back in his face at some point in the future
Least they seemed to have a fairly good lifestyle and future in the UK
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Yeah can see your point about him getting her hopes up. Hope she can settle for what she has and doesn't end up throwing it back in his face at some point in the future
Least they seemed to have a fairly good lifestyle and future in the UK
It was so obvious he wasn't going to go for it. I am only 17 mins into the programme and the bloke hasn't said one positive thing yet.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deano66
I actually had sympathy with him. He was consistent about the job, realistic about his opportunities and had put 13 years into the business. Sure he might seem unadventurous by most people on this site, but emigrating is not for everyone. It was just sad they had such different views on life.
Originally Posted by _Australia
I completely agree! Other people could have had the place who actually wanted to move. Because the wife isnt going to leave the husband just to move there
One of the most difficult situations imaginable is when one partner wnats to move and the other doesn't, or one wants to go home and the other doesn't. Trust me, until you have been through it you don't realise how painful it can be. Read some of the posts in the Moving Back forum and you will see a lot of people who have families split in two by the decision to stay or not.
I personally have two friends who have ended up with divorces partly because they just couldn't settle here, and their husbands woudln't go home. If you are in a relationship with an Aussie its just as hard as you will almost always have one partner who is living away from their home.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:30 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
It was so obvious he wasn't going to go for it. I am only 17 mins into the programme and the bloke hasn't said one positive thing yet.
Bob from today's programme was a presenter on Granada Reports for years. All those from the North West will remember him.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:34 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinderella
Bob from today's programme was a presenter on Granada Reports for years. All those from the North West will remember him.
Yes ...i remember him well !

I knew from the first 15 minutes he wasn't going to go.......but what a nice guy not to stop his younger wife fulfilling her dream.....He will probably have the best of both worlds. 6 months UK ...6 months Oz !
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:35 pm
aka DORIS

I didnt like todays couple I want to live in Cairns and they spoilt the show they should have taken them out and just shown the pictures
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Watching todays one with hubby later, we sit down and watch them over dinner each night! Yes, they are very repetivitve, but yesterdays was a joy to watch! So heart warming, Claire (hope that was her name!) and the two boys were fantastic, you could tell they were gunna do it but she was very realistic. How nice was that hospital????!!!!!!!! Taking the beds outside! The whole place was beautiful for a hospital! I do hate the way they show more and more expensive houses when she said after the first one it was a bit steep - its not tailor made thsi programme is it!

Loving it though, re-visited will be interesting!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:59 pm
Jo short

joshort will become famous soon enoughjoshort will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by seashelle33
Would it be possible for you to post the link where you registered interest? or PM it to me if you rather. I'd love to do it.

Cheers
Michelle
hi Michelle,

I had another look and they removed the link but I contacted [email protected] ive emailed twice and hear nothing back.. so good luck

jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.