Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi

Believe it is the 15th on BBC1 - dont know a time yet as all the tv mags are only up to the 12th. The BBC website is useless and you cant find it on a search and what's on only goes up to 7 days in advance!!!!
We will be watching avidly.
Watty'n'Arls
Has anyone watched this morning? I've taped it but am hard at work so not at home until after 4pm......
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Shame.. but as the others say... at least you tried...

Can you give us any insight to why you are leaving, or what you feel went wrong? What is it, that's so different, that made you return to the UK?

My house is, as we speak, being battered by gale force winds and rain.. We can't go out today, and haven't been able to go out, and "do" things, since before christmas day.. the weather is just continually battering us...

I live on a scottish island, and the ferries are off, daily, due ot advserse weather conditions, but we're not alone, the whole of the UK is beign hammered just now..

I want to be in OZZZZZzzzzzz.... please Mr CO...

Bonny

Just back from holiday in Tenerife, weather was great 22 degrees every day, sunny every day, came back to, yes you've guessed it, RAIN and of course WIND although just miserable and cloudy at the moment . We can't wait to be in Oz as well. Have taped Wanted Down Under and can't wait to see it this evening. We are in the same position as you, we live on the west coast of ireland and we get the weather directly from the atlantic. We've had rain pretty much since the beginning of November and we haven't been able to do much because of it, walking in the rain with a gale blowing is not my idea of fun. I'm really looking forward to living in a country with a better climate.

Dolly
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:51 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marvinc
Has anyone watched this morning? I've taped it but am hard at work so not at home until after 4pm......
Yes got a day off today , It was a couple of hairdressers and her daughter looking at Sydney, they loved it, well worth watching when you get home .
Its on all week but I will have to record them, back to work tomorrow .
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Yes got a day off today , It was a couple of hairdressers and her daughter looking at Sydney, they loved it, well worth watching when you get home .
Its on all week but I will have to record them, back to work tomorrow .
Many thanks and enjoy the remainder of your day off
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Well i enjoyed the show , bit day time tv but then again it was supossed to be .
not seen todays as yet .

would have prefered a different presenter & a lot less recapping on what was said in the 1st 10 mins .

house prices where interesting .

looked very easy , 3 jobs that seemed to be begging him to join them & the rest of it, but i guess form filling, medicals & phone calls to an agent would have been a bit dull for some .

nice to see some of the country and the house styles ,,, i guess it just takes you that bit nearer .

i don't think i learned anything but it will be interesting to see each city .

Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:33 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Hi,
watched the programme today and really enjoyed it.Got my mum to watch it too and she couldnt for crying!We are in a similar situation as we have close family here and I worry about missing them.I am sure that the family featured today use this site.If so,you were great!I wish you all the luck for the future and lets us know what you thought of the programme!
Andy
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:27 pm
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

no visas , no tra , no meds , no waiting , just heres your

big house no worries..

tv people are of a differant universe

(but wifey was certainly a very yummy mummy - brown eyes does it for me every time!)
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:41 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hi,
watched the programme today and really enjoyed it.Got my mum to watch it too and she couldnt for crying!We are in a similar situation as we have close family here and I worry about missing them.I am sure that the family featured today use this site.If so,you were great!I wish you all the luck for the future and lets us know what you thought of the programme!
Andy
Thank you for your kind words of support. Even now 4 hours later on my head is still up in the clouds. I'm realy glad you enjoyed the show. My wife and I have been having sleepless nights worrying about how we would come across. We had a wicked time out in Aus and even with the pressure of leaving the family behind we are both looking forward to the next 6 months and all it brings with it. All being well we should be topping up our sun tans by then.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:46 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
Thank you for your kind words of support. Even now 4 hours later on my head is still up in the clouds. I'm realy glad you enjoyed the show. My wife and I have been having sleepless nights worrying about how we would come across. We had a wicked time out in Aus and even with the pressure of leaving the family behind we are both looking forward to the next 6 months and all it brings with it. All being well we should be topping up our sun tans by then.
Good luck Paul...hope it all works out for you guys. We are going to validate our visa's in a couple of weeks and will be staying not far from Iluka...beautiful place. Take care amd make sure you keep us updated. My mum still thinks your wife wont go......so i am counting on her to go and to prove my mum wrong
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future

just watched the programme really enjoyed it youre in the same frame of mind as me about leaving family and friends behind i think that this is the hardest part good luck to you we hope it works out for you. there are lots of us in the same boat

good luck
karen & rob
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:33 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

you both came across really well on the programme ! And I loved seeing a bit of Perth. When we went on our reccie last year we stayed at a hotel on Scarborough beach. Great to see Cottesloe beach and Hillary's again on TV and the coastal path along all the beaches.

But you were more hardy than us - going into the sea without a wetsuit. We thought the water was freezing .

How far along are you now with getting the visa?

Gina
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

You had nothing to be worried about, you came across as a really lovely family.
What stage have you got to now?
And were you happy with the way they showed your experience? Dish the dirt!!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys

Really enjoyed the programme today.

Hubby is a sparks and we are headed for Perth too so LOADS of interesting sights and information.

Its amazing how the show yesterday and yours today has affected me emotionally as just after I watched your programme, I opened the last few client references to be sent off with our visa application - one client had written a lovely cover note and wished us "all the best in your new life in Oz.." I promptly burst into tears!!!! It all seems to becoming very, very, VERY real and we haven't even sent the application off yet!!

We wish you all the very best of luck in your new life and hope it brings you everything you desire and heaps more.

Love
Karen, Ashley & Family x
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Apologies people.. there ARE 20 episodes... obviously as there are 20 families, one per episode... having a dippo day... lol lol

and the wee gem of a programme is growing on me..

LOVIN IT

Bonny
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:31 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed the program even though we dont think we can afford Perth now still loved seeing the Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle where we stayed in 2000 and also love Cottesloe beach.

I'll keep setting the video for the next episode.

Jx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.