BBC news

Old May 5th 2005, 7:35 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default BBC news

Did anyone see the BBC news this morning?
Apparently Australia is easing its strict immigration controls to allow in another 100,000 Brits.

The trade shortage is getting quite serious.

Rather misleading I thought as they finished the report with this line. "If you are a plumber they will put you on a plane tomorrow".
We all know thats not quite true
Old May 5th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC news

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Apparently Australia is easing its strict immigration controls to allow in another 100,000 Brits.

Rather misleading I thought as they finished the report with this line. "If you are a plumber they will put you on a plane tomorrow".
And then the report said to get in touch with the Australian Embassy in London! Come on BBC - shouldn't you have done some research first?
Old May 5th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

"If you are a plumber they will put you on a plane tomorrow".

Am i a plummer...No but if i can go tomorrow...then i know where the sink is...more to the point so does the wife
Old May 5th 2005, 7:42 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
And then the report said to get in touch with the Australian Embassy in London! Come on BBC - shouldn't you have done some research first?
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story though eh?
Old May 5th 2005, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent seen the BBC news but it is true that australia have increased the quota, this is old news here.
Old May 5th 2005, 7:43 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like a load of dingoes kidneys to me. They only grant 120,000 visas in total in a year. Why on earth would they suddenly open the door to double the number of people generally and probably quadruple the number of Brits?
Old May 5th 2005, 7:46 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Is this an exclusive promotion for Brits
Old May 5th 2005, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Is this an exclusive promotion for Brits

Hi ...No this was John Howard asking for 20,000 more skilled visa's for next year...and open to all...this information was on another web site about 3 weeks ago...

here's the link
http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/global...15/waust15.xml
Old May 5th 2005, 8:07 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Yes I saw the news item. I didn't think it said 'another' but just that its was allowing 100,000 immigrants for this year .... which is nothing new and what we already know.
Old May 5th 2005, 8:10 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to watch the BBC news item by clicking on a link here:
http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/...wsifs&tab=news

Best regards.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw projected numbers were going up from the 120,000. The main thrust of expansion appeared to be for regional areas. I cannot find the link on the immigration website. If I remember rightly 150,000 was the number mentioned.

Something of note for tradies

Housing approvals are on the decline and enrollments at TAFE for trade courses are rising. Get in while you can.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:15 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Wish it was as easy as that !!! would save all the stress of ... Have we passed !!!!?? then onto the next stage and have we got through that ?! :scared:
Old May 5th 2005, 10:19 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by bondipom
The main thrust of expansion appeared to be for regional areas.
I would be amazed if any increase was for 'general' migration and not specifically directing people into regional areas.

There is also some talk about reducing numbers of IT bods entering - just a suggestion by the ACS at the moment but you never know .... See ACS Policy Statement.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

This is the actual story they were talking about, I guess:

http://www.globalvisas.com/news/npag..._program_.aspx
Old May 5th 2005, 10:20 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
I would be amazed if any increase was for 'general' migration and not specifically directing people into regional areas.

There is also some talk about reducing numbers of IT bods entering - just a suggestion by the ACS at the moment but you never know .... See ACS Policy Statement.
Considering the level of IT Graduate unemployment and the low level of training I am unsuprised at the ACS stance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.