Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:47 am
Just Joined

BackAgain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

Does anybody know how to make you computer's IP address appear to be in the UK when you are in Australia to get these to work? Have you done it, does it work? Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:50 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iPlayer & ITV Player

Use a proxy server such as proxify or use uknova or the box which are both excellent uk torrent sites, many programs appearing just hours after they've been on.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Use a proxy server such as proxify or use uknova or the box which are both excellent uk torrent sites, many programs appearing just hours after they've been on.
I would agree with that. I sat and watched Corrie with a cuppa at 7am this morning just 3 hours after it was broadcast in the UK.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:02 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

We use Strong VPN
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks - tried a couple of these. On UKNova it says they are not taking new members and when I go into Proxify and try the BBC iPlayer, I am still getting the same message about not being in the UK. Is there something specific I need to do on this one? Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BackAgain
Thanks - tried a couple of these. On UKNova it says they are not taking new members and when I go into Proxify and try the BBC iPlayer, I am still getting the same message about not being in the UK. Is there something specific I need to do on this one? Thanks.
The Box is a better website than UK Nova. I can send you an invite if you PM your email addy.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:40 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Did you google what I said? Here it is, all spelled out.

www.strongvpn.com
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshviking
Did you google what I said? Here it is, all spelled out.

www.strongvpn.com
Thanks Welsh Viking - just done this and is working perfectly! Just need to work out how to link the laptop to the telly now and I'm away! Cheers for all the help everyone.

Apologies to the locals, whilst I do try to embrace the local culture, I draw the line at watching adverts for 50% of my telly watching time of an evening.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Welsh Viking - just done this and is working perfectly! Just need to work out how to link the laptop to the telly now and I'm away! Cheers for all the help everyone.

Apologies to the locals, whilst I do try to embrace the local culture, I draw the line at watching adverts for 50% of my telly watching time of an evening.
The other option is to lok at standard torrent sites like www.torrentz.com where there is no requirement for membership or anything else. Less choice though, but the good programmes like Dragons Den and Top Gear were all on their very qucikly...
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

HDMI lead We were told it couldn't be done with our Sony Vaio and Samsung TV but we managed just fine, I'm not into watching programmes on the laptop. We bought a HDMI lead from Wow and it was about $30 I think, much cheaper than we thought it would be.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:59 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

This has been covered several times over the years mainly by Hutch who has an extensive list of ways to watch UK telly on his website. I myself have researched into this and have found a couple of ways of accessing UK TV. One way of watching ITV for free from any country in the world is by downloading a couple of bits of software and you'll be up and running in no time at all or you can go down the BitTorrent / VPN route.

You can find out all the information on how to set it up on my website and if you prefer to go down the VPN route there is a link to company that I use at the bottom of the page. They charge £5.50 / $11aud a month or you can buy a whole years subscription for £60 / $120aud. It's run by a British guy and there is a forum which is manned by him so if you should ever run into difficulty with setting it up, help is close at hand. I've been using them for a while now and have never had a problem with it (touch wood)....
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use a Proxy or VPN, which one depends what you want to watch (Summary of which works for each TV service here)

If you have to pick one then go for a VPN, but better use a package which gives you both VPN and Proxy servers (costs less than 7Euro a month and also gives servers in US for US TV)
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
HDMI lead We were told it couldn't be done with our Sony Vaio and Samsung TV but we managed just fine, I'm not into watching programmes on the laptop. We bought a HDMI lead from Wow and it was about $30 I think, much cheaper than we thought it would be.
Thanks got it to work - didn't have a HDMI output on the laptop so had to use the VGA one, but works well, so thanks for all the help.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

$30 for an HDMI cable. Much cheaper on eBay.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slipshot
... the good programmes like Dragons Den and Top Gear were all on their very qucikly...
Those were the good ones? Jeez, what were the shit programmes then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.