Bayside rentals

Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Post Bayside rentals

I've heard that landlords are falling over themselves in Sydney to rent out their properties, especially apartments and offering all sorts of deals like free foxtel to get tenants in.

Does anyone know if that trend is moving up north to Bayside cos I hear properties are really, really hard to get hold of there, rentals I mean. We're looking at Cleveland, Victoria Point, Redland Bay and from previous posts I've read people in that area find it extremely hard to find a good rental.

Any sign of this getting any easier?

Thanks all
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bayside rentals

Originally Posted by Phil-UK
I've heard that landlords are falling over themselves in Sydney to rent out their properties, especially apartments and offering all sorts of deals like free foxtel to get tenants in.

Does anyone know if that trend is moving up north to Bayside cos I hear properties are really, really hard to get hold of there, rentals I mean. We're looking at Cleveland, Victoria Point, Redland Bay and from previous posts I've read people in that area find it extremely hard to find a good rental.

Thanks all

I heard that too and that they are asking ridiculous amounts of rent money

We are tryng to get over before end of January from Perth but will have to stay with friends for a couple of weeks if nothing turn up (in a tent in the garden lol!!!)

Thinking of sending hubbie over first to get it all sorted and then move the kids/dogs furniture/me over
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
I heard that too and that they are asking ridiculous amounts of rent money

We are tryng to get over before end of January from Perth but will have to stay with friends for a couple of weeks if nothing turn up (in a tent in the garden lol!!!)

Thinking of sending hubbie over first to get it all sorted and then move the kids/dogs furniture/me over
Did you try Perth first and have now decided to try somewhere different or is it because of work your moving or something else?

Just wondered.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Did you try Perth first and have now decided to try somewhere different or is it because of work your moving or something else?

Just wondered.

Basically been here nearly a year and unless you wanna work away the money is crap..... so decided we are going to try Brisbane and see what happens, mind you my 15 year old is having kittens as she has found it hard here...
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Basically been here nearly a year and unless you wanna work away the money is crap..... so decided we are going to try Brisbane and see what happens, mind you my 15 year old is having kittens as she has found it hard here...

What suburb are you in at the moment Kath?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
What suburb are you in at the moment Kath?

Hi Sandra!!!

Havent spoken to you for a very long time. We are in Kinross, just about to put the house out to rent...

Just totally fed up here at the mo, Grahams on a real downer.....

Kath
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra!!!

Havent spoken to you for a very long time. We are in Kinross, just about to put the house out to rent...

Just totally fed up here at the mo, Grahams on a real downer.....

Kath

I was under the impression that you had settled in really well and that you had a great network of friends??????????? Perhaps I was wrong..........is it really that bad for you?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all
Hi you have probably read my posts before, but we arrived on 23 September and after 6 weeks of searching, finding and being let down in Bayside we gave up... hence living in Bridgeman Downs... we were fairly specific in what we wanted, a 4 bed, light and airy house with pool and aircon and willing to pay up to $650/700pw .... now we have everything we wanted and paying $520pw... plus a big bonus being this really is a great area too.....

Good luck!!

Julie
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Hi you have probably read my posts before, but we arrived on 23 September and after 6 weeks of searching, finding and being let down in Bayside we gave up... hence living in Bridgeman Downs... we were fairly specific in what we wanted, a 4 bed, light and airy house with pool and aircon and willing to pay up to $650/700pw .... now we have everything we wanted and paying $520pw... plus a big bonus being this really is a great area too.....

Good luck!!

Julie

How Much???? :scared: :scared:
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:42 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks all
Because of the low numbers of rented properties in the Bayside area, I doubt that the same will happen.

eg: Crows Nest in Sydney has 42% of all properties being rented, and probably a large choice available ?

Victoria Point, Bayside, has only 18%, and not many vacant.
But take another Sydney Suburb, where the rents are kept high due to shortages, in Post Code 2759, where the number of rentals is only 13%.

My view is that the larger the rental share is in an area, the worse it is for the landlord, but in a predominantly "Owner Occupier" area, the rents can be maintained, and properties filled quickly.

I may be wrong, but that's my view

There are a few 3 bed houses about for around $250 pw, and of course Town Houses are cheaper.

Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

my rental will be available from the 16th of january,we have a 4 bed 2 bath with rumpus room and a large swimming pool at thorneside , and our rent is $385 per week let me know if yoyur interested and i ll give you the agents number

tracey
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scissors
my rental will be available from the 16th of january,we have a 4 bed 2 bath with rumpus room and a large swimming pool at thorneside , and our rent is $385 per week let me know if yoyur interested and i ll give you the agents number

tracey
Hi Scissors,

Have you any pics, also how far is Thorneside from the CBD?

Thanks for the reply
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:48 am
ABCDiamond

Hi Scissors,

Thanks for the reply
22km according to www.whereis.com.au

About 45mins by train from Thorneside Station to Central

Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi phil
it takes us 25 mins to drive from thorneside to the cbd and 10 mins to driveto cleveland,we have a bus stop just around the corner and a railway station 15 mins walk away.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1

TE=Phil-UK]Hi Scissors,

Thanks for the reply[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

For a rental in Bayside the famous saying goes that you have two hopes.

Bob Hope....

and No Hope...

And Bob Hope is well and truely buried!!!!!!

I must be one of the very very lucky few cause I've got a 4 bed rental in Cleveland that is above avaerage and I'm paying less than $300 a week.

There are so many expats moving into this area (bayside) that the prices are going nuts. Every couple of weeks my wife tells me there is a new british family enrolled at the local school! Too many poms!!!

Don't consider Bayside as your only option. Look at NW Brisbane (Eaton Hills, Ferny Grove, Ferny Hills, Defintely the Gap, and others in that area), also the Sunshine coast ( Oh I wish I could live there.......a commute after a 12 hour night shift at the airport is a nogo!!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.