Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bayside area in Brisbane advice please

Bayside area in Brisbane advice please

Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:46 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Re: Bayside area in Brisbane advice please

Hi

We're in Redland Bay, 2 kids 14 & 6 so one in the local high school Victoria Point State high School and one in Redland Bay State (primary/junior) I have to say we're very pleased with both schools. The little one loves her school and it has a good reputation even when speaking to local teachers not teaching there. The high school has also proven impressive. Home work is marked on a regular basis (that's a new one) and the kids grade levels watched and monitored and even incentivised, if they keep their grades up, behave well and attendance is good then they get the last week of that term off. If not then there's summer school (last week of term) to give extra tuition to help them to raise their grades. It works very well by all accounts and our daughter managed to get A's & B's in her first term and get that last week of, she was a happy kid.

Rutland Bay is beautiful and yes quiet but you have to get in your car to go almost anywhere here to travel's not an issue. Even if you live in Vicky Pint and need to go to the shops then you have to drive.

Cleveland, Thornlands, Victoria point are all nice but it depends what you want for a family, also some places are developing and have plans to grow. Check out the local council web sites for the plans.

I think you get a gut feeling when you visit a place, so enjoy your visit an take your time.

Good luck
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:46 pm
Banned

Viyada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bayside area in Brisbane advice please

Thanks for that information about those schools. It's really great to have a specific recommendation from personal experiences.

I agree with you, you get a gut feeling when you drive into an area, and I plan to drive around the areas I'm interested in in a couple of weeks. I just don't want to fall in love with a suburb, only to hear that actually, most of it it considered not great and that the local schools are not rated.

Thanks for everyone's help. If anyone else has personal experiences in the local schools in suburbs along the coast from Thorneside down as far as Redland Bay, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks

Viyada