Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Barracuda - its given up the ghost

Barracuda - its given up the ghost

Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question Barracuda - its given up the ghost

My barracuddas given up, any ideas? from any hunky pool cleaners? we have done a back wash, checked the pipes, but we are not the most techinical couple in the world when it comes to these things! (let me tune the TV any day)

Before I splash (pardon the pun) the cash on my local Swimart anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

C (dirtypoolsville)

Last edited by Carrianne; Nov 29th 2007 at 6:16 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Barracuda - its given up the ghost

1. Check barracuda for obstructions, particularly in the inner rubber sleeve, quite easy to dismantle
2. Remove pump filter and clean
3. Remove skimmer box filter and clean

Andy
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I think the OH has attempted that will check though - thanks
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:54 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Sometimes the plastic suction sleeve thingy (yes, highly technical term) inside the head of the barracuda can disintegrate over time - the thing sounds like its running but won't move anywhere in the pool. We replaced ours for about $25 i think and it all works fine now.

Last edited by ridds; Nov 29th 2007 at 5:56 am. Reason: spperrling meestaks
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks also
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:59 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

is the water circulating in the pool ok ?

Sometimes, if the level in the filter isnt at right height, you wont get flow.

Also have you checked the filter on the pool skimmer box, and the one at the pump end.

Its normally not the Barracuda thats shit itself.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

1. Check barracuda for obstructions, particularly in the inner rubber sleeve, quite easy to dismantle

Just got OH to check and the above had happend he obviously had a 'man look " the first time and didn't see it, funnily enough he has distmantled it and now he cannot put it back together If it wasn't broke before it is now

Thanks for your responses they are appreciated.

Last edited by Carrianne; Nov 29th 2007 at 6:54 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Carrianne

Just got OH to check and the above had happenened he obviously had a 'man look " the first time and didn't see it, funnily enough he has distmantled it and now he cannot put it back together If it wasn't broke before it is now

PMSL
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:40 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

LOL sounds like my OH
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

My barracuddas given up, any ideas? from any hunky pool cleaners? we have done a back wash, checked the pipes, but we are not the most techinical couple in the world when it comes to these things! (let me tune the TV any day)

Before I splash (pardon the pun) the cash on my local Swimart anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

C (dirtypoolsville)
Check the hoses for splits.
Backwash the filter.
Replace the throat as mentioned (they either split or go hard as they age).

WW
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:13 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

rubber diaphram split

leaking hose

possible leak on suction line...

filter blocked....needs backwash.....check gauge on top of multi valve....

all the best plumb.....
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Thanks in advance

C (dirtypoolsville)
Whereabouts are you in OZ, someone may be able to pop round and check for you.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Whereabouts are you in OZ, someone may be able to pop round and check for you.
Ours stopped working and we found a beer bottle lid stuck in the rubber bit :-)
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just got OH to check and the above had happend he obviously had a 'man look " the first time and didn't see it, funnily enough he has distmantled it and now he cannot put it back together If it wasn't broke before it is now

Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I'll come round if you like and screw it back together?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.