Wikiposts

Barking Dogs

Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:23 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barking Dogs

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The dog lovers seem to be running for cover as this thread progresses...
I'm a dog lover myself, actually. But I don't appreciate owners who chuck their dog out when they leave the house and it barks incessantly until they return.

"But he never makes a noise" they say. Every time!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I love dogs. I have one. Dogs are great, it's just the owners who cause the problem.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
No, I love dogs. I have one. Dogs are great, it's just the owners who cause the problem.
Yep Im with you on this one ..its not the dogs its the owners, Im lucky my 2 dogs dont bark a lot but all our neighbours dogs do morning noon and night...what was that dog off thing might just get me one of those will it work on the owners
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Yep Im with you on this one ..its not the dogs its the owners, Im lucky my 2 dogs dont bark a lot but all our neighbours dogs do morning noon and night...what was that dog off thing might just get me one of those will it work on the owners

DogOff... has an ultrasonic noise ... you press the button and it blasts the dog every time it barks. Eventually, dog works out leaping at fence and barking is a bad idea.
It's pretty good though doesn't work with a couple of dogs on this street, but who cares... The neighbour's dog is cured. Every time it sees me, it runs for the fence, then realises who I am and slinks away.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

DogOff... has an ultrasonic noise ... you press the button and it blasts the dog every time it barks. Eventually, dog works out leaping at fence and barking is a bad idea.
It's pretty good though doesn't work with a couple of dogs on this street, but who cares... The neighbour's dog is cured. Every time it sees me, it runs for the fence, then realises who I am and slinks away.
Karma for that tip
Cheers gonna order one
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karma for that tip
Cheers gonna order one
Buggar need to spread Think Ive been stingy with the karma lately
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

Appreciate the thought.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

We have a lot of problems with dogs. they are always running loose or barking,early hours this sunday morning starting at 12.30am stopping at 4.00am. I did go out to the rotten thing,but couldn't see why it was barking. Why don't the owners getup and have a look? Neighbour behind me 6.30am playing ball with his dog while it barked and carried on.whats the point of the extra space to live in if no one has any respect for their nieghbours.Nightmare,I am really fed up and tired, they do not look after their dogs here thats for sure.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:59 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think so, I'm very fond of my Staffies...

But as iPom says there's definitely a different attitude here to dogs than in the UK. And yes, it's down to the owners...

Was up the coast yesterday visiting friends in Wyong... They have a Staffy too and so do their neighbours opposite... In both cases they're dogs that are left outside all the time... Not for me I have to say...
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:01 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Sent some for you... I'll get one as well...
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jdt3000
So what are you trying to say? That NO ONE should have a dog? Dogs bark, it's a fact of life. You cannot stop a dog from barking, that's like telling a person they can't speak because they are making too much noise!

I work for the local council and (I'm not saying you are like this because I don't know you) the amount of old whingers who have nothing better to do with their time but be malicious and report their neighbours for silly things (lights, social noise, dogs, water usage etc), is incredible...It's like they potter round the neighbourhood all day looking for something to complain about...
I find your attidude incredible.Don't you think that a bit of thoughtful and consideration goes along way?I intend to complain about the blasted dog up the road,it's a giant pain in the ear drums and I have had enough.If you work on the council does that mean that you ignore the complaints? Are you Australian?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go, dog owners of the World unite.. same answers as always, 'Dogs bark, its a fact of life' Why the Hell do you think its OK that I should have to put up with somebodies mutt barking its bloody head off all day?.
Very true! Why should you?

There are sideroads where we are where if I run down them it it sets them off, but not in my road, dog ownership does not seem so high.

The side roads provide screening for burglars so the dogs are a good deterrant.

In Australia, dogs are working dogs, even in suburbia and live outside.

If we got one, it'd be outside too. In use as an alarm.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

If a dog does bark 24-7, you can also report it to the RSPCA, because it could be neglected. Owners might find that a little embarrassing to be visited to ask why their dog barks. It's possible to teach a dog to not bark too, but it depends how close you are to it. If it's over the fence, you could do it.
Every time it barks, you say 'Stop barking' or just plain 'stop' and give it a treat... It can't chew and bark at the same time. Eventually lengthen the time in between the stop command and the treat... Can be done in a day. Depends how much you like your neighbour's dog really.

High speed water pistols work too, but there's not so much incentive there for the dog... Food is a better motivator than fear usually.

Last edited by iPom; Nov 19th 2006 at 2:12 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wol
You have the common Australian attitude exactly.

This is a very downmarket country with more than its fair share of very downmarket people. If you are unfortunate enough to live in one of the many feral areas you will get no sympathy for complaints about barking dogs, teenage racing at 3am etc etc.
Totally agree. I supposedly live in a better part of Rockhampton from what I see all of it is a total s**th***.So laid back they are almost asleep (well if the dogs weren't barking and the drunks weren't throwing their bottles around,ho hum oh for the English village life I had.Never saw a dog a wandering just being walked by their owners,happy days!

Last edited by by the sea side; Nov 19th 2006 at 2:13 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

I got a dog off for barking dogs.
Worked a treat on my neighbour's dogs who now don't bark at us 24-7. My neighbours have no clue why they don't bark at us any more.

Thankyou for this link. I intend to purchase one. watch out dog here I come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.