Barking Dogs

Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barking Dogs

Are ever present barking dogs an unavoidable feature of Australian suburbs.

I know that the sound of hoons will never be that far away, just wondered on peoples experience with neighbours dogs, the backyard dog seems to be very common here.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:07 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barking Dogs

Originally Posted by neil248
Are ever present barking dogs an unavoidable feature of Australian suburbs.

I know that the sound of hoons will never be that far away, just wondered on peoples experience with neighbours dogs, the backyard dog seems to be very common here.
Damn things are everywhere.. perfectly normal to get yourself a couple of dogs and chuck them in the yard on a permanent basis.. sod your neighbours, just let them bark 18 hours a day.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:14 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you can, in the case of a dog barking excessively, record the details and make a complaint to your local council who will take it up with the owner. Our local council even supplies anti bark collars for problem dogs on loan to owners in such circumstances.

I should say though, as a dog owner, that mine does bark. I'll generally let him have a go at the birds or whatever else has offended his sense of security, and then call him in.

Dogs bark - its what they do. Endlessly isnt really on though.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually you can, in the case of a dog barking excessively, record the details and make a complaint to your local council who will take it up with the owner. Our local council even supplies anti bark collars for problem dogs on loan to owners in such circumstances.

I should say though, as a dog owner, that mine does bark. I'll generally let him have a go at the birds or whatever else has offended his sense of security, and then call him in.

Problem is your dog might bark for an hour, then the one two doors down has a go.. then the one in the next street.. and so it goes on.. endless drone of dogs barking.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

No dogs barking in Seoul.

Whimpering briefly, perhaps?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:36 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wol
No dogs barking in Seoul.

Whimpering briefly, perhaps?
Ahh the gentle aroma of a pooch gently simmering in a wok.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:42 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
Ahh the gentle aroma of a pooch gently simmering in a wok.
And the aftertaste of kimchi...
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I always prefered the smaller ones: labs are a bit stringy unless they are new puppies.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

When we were renting in a new estate it was awful - I used to wear ear plugs! However, in the hills - although many have dogs - I rarely hear them at night (perhaps there are werewolves roaming around at night or something )

Last edited by The Crow; Nov 19th 2006 at 10:25 am.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:16 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
When we were renting in a new estate it was awful - I used to wear ear plugs! However, in the hills - although many have dogs - I rarely hear them at night (perhaps there's werewolfs roaming around at night or something )

aaah, the blissful sound of a non-barking boxer dog (who only barks in play !!)

we dont have too many here, more the sounds of birdy's tweeting too loudly
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:12 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion

The problem is people have big dogs on tiny plots - and leave them at home alone all day. We have one next door (a cattle dog in a postage stamp garden) that barks all day but he is just desperate for attention
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
aaah, the blissful sound of a non-barking boxer dog (who only barks in play !!)

we dont have too many here, more the sounds of birdy's tweeting too loudly
The birds, the birds -- yes, we have Kookaburras laughing at 5am - followed by about 25 different species at 6am accompanied by the odd Cockatoo flyover
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:46 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

and we have about 20 bloody crows that sit on our TV aerial and clomp over our colour bond roof that start 'squawking' at around 6am....

Would happily settle for the dulcet tones of a woof, any day....
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Barking Dogs

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Problem is your dog might bark for an hour, then the one two doors down has a go.. then the one in the next street.. and so it goes on.. endless drone of dogs barking.
So what are you trying to say? That NO ONE should have a dog? Dogs bark, it's a fact of life. You cannot stop a dog from barking, that's like telling a person they can't speak because they are making too much noise!

I work for the local council and (I'm not saying you are like this because I don't know you) the amount of old whingers who have nothing better to do with their time but be malicious and report their neighbours for silly things (lights, social noise, dogs, water usage etc), is incredible...It's like they potter round the neighbourhood all day looking for something to complain about...
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jdt3000
So what are you trying to say? That NO ONE should have a dog? Dogs bark, it's a fact of life. You cannot stop a dog from barking, that's like telling a person they can't speak because they are making too much noise!

I work for the local council and (I'm not saying you are like this because I don't know you) the amount of old whingers who have nothing better to do with their time but be malicious and report their neighbours for silly things (lights, social noise, dogs, water usage etc), is incredible...It's like they potter round the neighbourhood all day looking for something to complain about...
Here we go, dog owners of the World unite.. same answers as always, 'Dogs bark, its a fact of life' Why the Hell do you think its OK that I should have to put up with somebodies mutt barking its bloody head off all day?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.