Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bargain vacuum bags for packing!

Bargain vacuum bags for packing!

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bargain vacuum bags for packing!

Originally Posted by pootle26
i put loadsa teddies etc in one & they have regained their shape - they look really sad & sorry for themselves when they first arrive - but then they flump up fine!

hth

pootle26
Well I've vacuumed the teddies - but 2 words of warning:
1. Don't do it in front of the kids Elise was traumatised!!!
2. Make sure they dont make noises when you squeeze them as my box is now singing away(took me ages to find out where noise was coming from) will have to wait till batteries run down or customs will have a shock when a singing box comes through!!!!!
Karen x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:25 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
2. Make sure they dont make noises when you squeeze them as my box is now singing away(took me ages to find out where noise was coming from) will have to wait till batteries run down or customs will have a shock when a singing box comes through!!!!!
Karen x
pmsl
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:01 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Karen x

We got ours today from Wilinsons £4.99 for 2. Not tried them yet though.
After your attempts may think Ill just do clothes in ours. We bought 3 packs so have quite a bit to go at. Bought some extra clothes to pack in em too LOL

Hve even thoughtof vacuuming Chippy Dave,Sam and kids to get them to Oz while they wait for their visas???

Hey Bridie are you up for it??? Could try it out.... what do you reckon LOL
For a laugh??

Ang
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,
I am in the process of packing our non breakables before the shippers come (this made our quote cheaper) and have been looking everywhere for some vacuum storage bags to shrink my clothing, linen, towels etc. Argos do them quite reasonable but have no stock in any store in the country! So I trawled the internet & ebay and found them to be expensive. I then stumbled upon a review of vacumm bags and after spending so much time reading about them thought this would just about finnish me off. But to my suprise Superdrug sell them - 2 x jumbo & 1x large for £4.99!!!! and they came out one of the top in the review! So off I went to town today and bought loads! They are ace. (I'm easily pleased) So everything is being vacuumed - am going to try to do the kids teddies tomorrow!
Karen x
hi can you tell me how the weight is affected....does it make them lighter...??.....i feel a bit silly asking..but am thinking ..these might good for packing things into the suitcase....? thanks~
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:47 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
..these might good for packing things into the suitcase....? thanks~
I asked this the other day but didnt get an answer. I just want to know if they are likely to re-inflate in my suitcase. Low air pressure, back being chucked around etc... Anyone?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hi can you tell me how the weight is affected....does it make them lighter...??.....i feel a bit silly asking..but am thinking ..these might good for packing things into the suitcase....? thanks~
haven't actually weighed them but they seem a lot heavier.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I asked this the other day but didnt get an answer. I just want to know if they are likely to re-inflate in my suitcase. Low air pressure, back being chucked around etc... Anyone?
Would think it highly unlikely that they would inflate as they are in a air tight and sealed bag
Old Aug 24th 2005, 11:00 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Would think it highly unlikely that they would inflate as they are in a air tight and sealed bag

the weight is not affected..... its the air that is removed so you can cram more in....... but to be honest we chose not to use em.....

because...... if your luggage is searched you would be screwed tryin to pack it all back in again...... plus in some cases.....(haha) people have been know to have to juggle their belongings about due to overload.....

just my opinion anyways.....

boom
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Superdrug had run out of them! Tried everywhere in town but couldn't get hold of them. Any idea of where else sells them?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vikk
Superdrug had run out of them! Tried everywhere in town but couldn't get hold of them. Any idea of where else sells them?
I had terrible trouble looking for them - sorry. You can get them on ebay and I'm sure someone said Matalan.
Karen x
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boomie
the weight is not affected..... its the air that is removed so you can cram more in....... but to be honest we chose not to use em.....

because...... if your luggage is searched you would be screwed tryin to pack it all back in again...... plus in some cases.....(haha) people have been know to have to juggle their belongings about due to overload.....

just my opinion anyways.....

boom
You can get travel bags that you only have to roll to remove the air so you wouldn't need to take your hoover with you!!!!!! Have seen these on Ebay.
Karen x
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:35 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

We got ours from Wilkinson's on the JML stand. £4.99 for pack of 2.
Not quite sure if they are effective though. Would be okay in use with bedding like your quilt/pillows etc.

Ang
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pootle26
i put loadsa teddies etc in one & they have regained their shape - they look really sad & sorry for themselves when they first arrive - but then they flump up fine!

hth

pootle26
Thats great thanks for the tip, my teddies will be fine then....good news and I can't sleep without them even at the age of 42.......
Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

UPDATE:
I have found some more vacuum bags in Debenhams today. Both types - vac type 13.99 & travel/roll type 11.99.
Karen x
Old Aug 28th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Thank you. I'll keep looking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.