Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Barefoot shopping brigade - own up...

Barefoot shopping brigade - own up...

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barefoot shopping brigade - own up...

Being ripe for arguing, please can those that do it explain why ?.

I assume you still partake in washing, so why deliberately make your feet dirty and waste even more precious water ?

Or don't those that do it wash ?

Come on....take me on.....
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:55 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barefoot shopping brigade - own up...

I don'y personally go out barefoot, but my kids do!
Think it's just laziness on their part, they can't be ar*ed putting on their trainers or thongs!

I don't mind if others want to do it - it's their feet. As long as they don't put their feet up on my cream leather sofa, I'm not bothered!
Tracey
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Being ripe for arguing, please can those that do it explain why ?.

I assume you still partake in washing, so why deliberately make your feet dirty and waste even more precious water ?

Or don't those that do it wash ?

Come on....take me on.....
I guess it's just an expression of freedom. And the fact that you can. So why not?

Either that or you're making an easier target for an eastern brown or redback...

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Nov 3rd 2006 at 2:31 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:20 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Not aruing with you. Its my choice to wear shoes or not. In the middle of the summer in QLD its hot. That means my normal daywear consists of a pair of shorts. Sometimes I go out and simply forget to chuck some shoes in the car and nip into the shop to pick up some milk etc.

Of course its inappropriate sometimes and in some places. Its polite to take your shoes off before coming into someones house. Seems to be the norm. Shoes are often left outside. Its just part and parcel of tropical Queensland living.

Out of curiosity whats the agnst with bear feet. Are you in denial about a foot fetish or something ? You seem way too bothered by it

And yes - I'm the one happily in a singlet and boardies in the middle of the summer. But please please only do this if you go to the gym and dont look like Mr Beans body double.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I used to wear thongs pretty much year-round in the UK too - drove barefoot - went barefoot a lot of the time in the summer. Gladdens my heart that they do it here. I can't bear to put sweaty socks and shoes on - only time I wear them is to do the gardening.

I think the real question is - what right do you, as a newly arrived immigrant to the country have to criticise something that's been going on here for a long time? How would you feel about a Polish immigrant in the UK slagging off Brits for being lazy no-marks who subsist mainly on Pot Noodles and ready meals?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
How would you feel about a Polish immigrant in the UK slagging off Brits for being lazy no-marks who subsist mainly on Pot Noodles and ready meals?
well put
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

I used to wear thongs pretty much year-round in the UK too - drove barefoot - went barefoot a lot of the time in the summer. Gladdens my heart that they do it here. I can't bear to put sweaty socks and shoes on - only time I wear them is to do the gardening.

I think the real question is - what right do you, as a newly arrived immigrant to the country have to criticise something that's been going on here for a long time? How would you feel about a Polish immigrant in the UK slagging off Brits for being lazy no-marks who subsist mainly on Pot Noodles and ready meals?

Yep...each to their own.......I'm on about saving water not peoples right sto do what they want.

I'm eating a noodle box right now.........with my socks and shoes off.....
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:48 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...each to their own.......I'm on about saving water not peoples right sto do what they want.

What kind of arguement was that? You just rolled over and agreed with them! I was looking forward to some Fridey Fireworks...

S
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
What kind of arguement was that? You just rolled over and agreed with them! I was looking forward to some Fridey Fireworks...

S

Think the over sensitive killed the thread

This will get it off again

Kids standing in food trolleys wearing nothing but shitty nappies. Turns my stomach every time, health regs helloooo . Imagine what bacteria that leaves on what your about to eat. Nice.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:00 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Think the over sensitive killed the thread

This will get it off again

Kids standing in food trolleys wearing nothing but shitty nappies. Turns my stomach every time, health regs helloooo . Imagine what bacteria that leaves on what your about to eat. Nice.
I'm hearing that. And parents that seem to specifically take their kids to supermarkets to shout at them, smack them and make them cry...

24hr supermarkets do have their advantages - there are never any kids there crying with sh**ty nappies at twenty to three in the morning

S
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:01 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

So do you not wash everyday then ??? or are you a stinky rocker
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sel
So do you not wash everyday then ??? or are you a stinky rocker
Yep...........I wash all the bits of me that are dirty and/or sweaty each day.

Thankfully I have really clean and unsweaty feet ços I choose to keep as much of me as clean as possible for as long as possible to SAVE SOME WATER.

I wash when it's needed to save water for folks that stink to high heaven......jeeze, what is that smell.........the wind must be blowin' in from .....Queensland.......
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Hold on..........I'm trying.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:15 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

what right do you, as a newly arrived immigrant to the country have to criticise something that's been going on here for a long time?
Why not? Of course he has the right to voice his opinion, we all do!

Criticise something that's been going on for a long time? I can only conclude that you've all been skanky individuals for a long time.

FFS! Filthy dirty feet in a supermarket!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I just know I'm gonna see this one day............

a tattooed
pony tailed
singlet wearing
V8 driving (with roll cage in a 4 door 15 year old saloon) with
baseball cap on backwards displaying some furry animal sponsored team
eyebrow ring wearing
silly goatee beard wearing (and not the full goatee either, that bit under the bottom lip.what are they all about?)

BAREFOOT SHOPPING

Neanderthal...........who picks and pokes at his barefeet ços he stepped on something sharp (will NOT be his brain although it probably IS close to the floor) while handling and inspecting the fruit and veg.

That don't sound like a healthy situation to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.