Banks - ANZ

Old Sep 17th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice
Default Banks - ANZ

We will be moving out to Melbourne in January and we are just about to sort out bank accounts and looking round ANZ appear to offer the best. $5 per month for unlimited transactions.

Has anyone got any feedback on ANZ, good or bad?

Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:32 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks - ANZ

Originally Posted by andrewb
We will be moving out to Melbourne in January and we are just about to sort out bank accounts and looking round ANZ appear to offer the best. $5 per month for unlimited transactions.

Thanks

Yeah they are good at taking my money, just like the rest of them. The $5 is prob one of the best deals, but there are some banks that offer free accounts if you have a certain minimum monthly balance ($500 or $1000 not to sure)
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Redrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
My wife works for ANZ, they are probably the best around for customer service and mortgage deals as well as normal transactions.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 11:58 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
We've got one of those accounts. We've found ANZ to be very helpful, not flinching once at our stupid questions
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
We've got one of those accounts. We've found ANZ to be very helpful, not flinching once at our stupid questions

agree with you there, we joined recently and had numerous daft questions and they were excellent at getting back to us and made us feel like we werent being daft.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Thanks all, ANZ it is then...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:04 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Does anyone know the URL for ANZ bank? I had looked at Commonwealth bank but am being put off it.

I am assuming that ANZ are widespread in WA as they are in other states?
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:06 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Does anyone know the URL for ANZ bank? I had looked at Commonwealth bank but am being put off it.

I am assuming that ANZ are widespread in WA as they are in other states?
www.anz.com simple as that...

I'm with them too, I'd say they're good.

not sure about WA though...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:08 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to apply before you arrive you'll need this link (really difficult to find on the website!)

https://ola.anz.com/noah/app/dda/wel...sp?apptype=436
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:55 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Have been using the $5 ANZ account for nearly a year. No probs at all.

This is my third Australian bank account. Only lasted 4 weeks with "Conwealth" bunch of rip off merchants. HSBC were so inefficient we got sick of them after 6mths. Talking to a customer service person based in Malaysia who cant speak fluent english just got too much in the end!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridiej
If you want to apply before you arrive you'll need this link (really difficult to find on the website!)

I am probably being a bit thick but how did you open the account? From what I read they seem to want you to be resident in Australia before they will allow you to open the account
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by isgraham
I am probably being a bit thick but how did you open the account? From what I read they seem to want you to be resident in Australia before they will allow you to open the account
In the box that says "Do you reside overseas?" click "Show me the special requirements".
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:28 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by isgraham
Just printed out the form, filled it in and sent it to Aus by post.

They will create an account and you can deposit into it but it's not officially opened until we appear in person in Aus, within 6 weeks of arriving.

After they're happy with ID, they'll 'open' the account and we can then withdraw our cash.

I'll let you know if it works ...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej

That link and the main website says if you aren't an existing ANZ customer and can't come to Australia then you can't open an account from overseas.

OzTennis
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:07 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by OzTennis
That link and the main website says if you aren't an existing ANZ customer and can't come to Australia then you can't open an account from overseas.

OzTennis
The second box says:

Are you a new ANZ customer?

If any of the proposed signatories to the new account are not existing ANZ Australia customers, the account can only be opened if the signatories are able to personally come to Australia to be identified.

This facility is often used by international students and workers who wish to open an ANZ account prior to coming to Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.