Banks - ANZ

Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Banks - ANZ

We've been with the ANZ since we arrived in 2002. Have found them extremely helpful and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Would agree about some of the other banks...have heard some horror stories about charges etc....ANZ bent over backwards to help us...in fact they still do..real customer focus...and believe me that can be severely lacking over here!! Only thing that annoys me about them is they still insist on sending us a bank statement each for our joint account....whats that about then??? I keep telling them but they still keep sending us 2 trees each month!!LOL

love sophia xx
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

ok, treat me like I'm a 6 year old.

1.I can go to the ANZ website and open an account with them in AUS$ even though I am currently residing in the UK.

2.I can transfer money into that account and the account will earn me interest on my money at AUS rates as the account is in Australia.

3.I will be charged $5 a month regardless of number of txns or amount in the account.

4.Although my money is in the account and its earning interest I need to activate it in person once I arrive in AUS in order for us to withdraw money.

Have I got all that right ???

God I need a beer !!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eintracht
ok, treat me like I'm a 6 year old.

1.I can go to the ANZ website and open an account with them in AUS$ even though I am currently residing in the UK.

2.I can transfer money into that account and the account will earn me interest on my money at AUS rates as the account is in Australia.

3.I will be charged $5 a month regardless of number of txns or amount in the account.

4.Although my money is in the account and its earning interest I need to activate it in person once I arrive in AUS in order for us to withdraw money.

Have I got all that right ???

God I need a beer !!
YEP.

Though don't know the rate of interest as the one I opened doesn't pay me any (but at the same time I don't get charged anything either). That particular one can only be done in person afaik.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get an ANZ bank account while you are still in the Uk?
Inly I looked at the website said I couldn't

Did I understand this correctly
cheers
Lace x
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:20 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lacey21
Can you get an ANZ bank account while you are still in the Uk?
Inly I looked at the website said I couldn't

Did I understand this correctly
cheers
Lace x
Yes, you can, I've just done it.

If you want, I'll print out the forms you need and give them to you on Saturday?

PM me if you need more info.

Trust me, I'm an accountant.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Yes, you can, I've just done it.

If you want, I'll print out the forms you need and give them to you on Saturday?

PM me if you need more info.

Trust me, I'm an accountant.
somewhere on the application form it says that when you go to Oz to activate the account you need an address. Will a holiday apartment address be ok, coz it may take 3-4 weeks to find a long term rental, by which time we will definately need to be able to get at our money.. This has been putting me off using ANZ as opposed to Westpac, who don't seem to need an address in Australia.
Thanks for any help

Bex
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sunshine girl,

will you give them to me on Sat, or am I the wrong person you are speaking to, It does say about an address and the only ones I have are my sisters and I don't live and any of them yet

boo hoo lol

Lace x
Old Sep 29th 2005, 6:39 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi sunshine girl,

will you give them to me on Sat, or am I the wrong person you are speaking to, It does say about an address and the only ones I have are my sisters and I don't live and any of them yet

boo hoo lol

Lace x
Yes, I'll give them to on Saturday.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 6:49 am
Confused member

Originally Posted by bex 66
somewhere on the application form it says that when you go to Oz to activate the account you need an address. Will a holiday apartment address be ok, coz it may take 3-4 weeks to find a long term rental, by which time we will definately need to be able to get at our money.. This has been putting me off using ANZ as opposed to Westpac, who don't seem to need an address in Australia.
Thanks for any help

Bex
This is what the website says:

----

ANZ Access Advantage Account

This page will allow you to apply for and open an account prior to coming to Australia. This service is only available for the ANZ Access Advantage Account.

If all signatories to the new account are existing ANZ customers then you should not apply through this page. Instead you should apply through www.anz.com or by calling our Australian call centre on +61 3 9683 9999 between 8.00am and 8.00pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday.

Send an email OR Phone +61 3 9683 9999 8.00am to 8.00pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday.

Opening your new account is a four-step process:

* You download the application form

* Once you have accepted the terms and conditions below you will be directed to a page from which you can download the application form.

* You fill out the application form

* Print the application form, fill it out and mail it back to us.

We open your account

We will open your account and send you a letter informing you of the account number.

You will be able to deposit funds into your new account but you will not be able to withdraw funds until you come to Australia and go to an ANZ branch for identification.

You unlock your account

Within six weeks of arriving in Australia you will need to bring your passport to an ANZ branch for identification purposes. You will also need to bring proof that you arrived less than six weeks ago. This can be the stamp in your passport or the boarding pass from the flight you arrived on.

Our staff will then unlock your account and you will be able to withdraw your funds.

----

If they do insist on address we can use our friend's.

I would have thought a rental address would be OK.

I've already applied for our account so we'll see what happens!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:02 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewb
We will be moving out to Melbourne in January and we are just about to sort out bank accounts and looking round ANZ appear to offer the best. $5 per month for unlimited transactions.

Has anyone got any feedback on ANZ, good or bad?

Thanks

You're not a teacher by any slim chance are you?

If you then you qualify for completely free banking with ANZ (and lower mortgage deals).
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

My partner is a teacher!!!!

Please can you let me know where, what and how we tell them about this!!!!!

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:40 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewb
My partner is a teacher!!!!

Please can you let me know where, what and how we tell them about this!!!!!

Thanks

Well, I hope that the bank doesn't do one of the "Oh it doesn't apply in Vic/NT/NSW " tricks!!

Basically it's part of ANZ called Edubank. Call up ANZ and ask them to put you through to a representative from Edubank. Tell them you are a teacher and they will set up the account for you. Everything is exactly the same as a normal account - you have a normal ANZ card -it doesn't say Edubank on it! Get internet access etc etc.

Here in WA you even get your own personal bank manager who you contact if you want to talk about anything. Colleagues tell me that she will even visit you at your house rather than you needing to go to the bank. Not used this service myself as yet.

I gather that they offer the service because teachers are seen as very low risk (no money, but low risk!!)
Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Fab. Thanks, will try it and let people know.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:55 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Banks - ANZ

Does anyone know the URL for ANZ bank? I had looked at Commonwealth bank but am being put off it.

I am assuming that ANZ are widespread in WA as they are in other states?
Yep.

It's a nationwide bank. In fact, I don't know of any banks in Australia which aren't.

Building societies and credit unions are a different story, of course; but you get that anywhere.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:22 am
Confused member

If they do insist on address we can use our friend's.

I would have thought a rental address would be OK.

I've already applied for our account so we'll see what happens!
Had a letter back this morning, the account has been opened and we have the account number and a home branch in Perth.

We've just been asked to bring identification and proof we've been there less than 6 weeks. No mention of addresses.

We'll be there in a few weeks so let's see if it's all as easy as it appears!