Banking Jobs

Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:45 am
Mikey82

Mike82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banking Jobs

Hello again!

Can anyone recommend any recruitment agencies that deal with jobs in finance? My OH is having difficulty in getting replies from banks in OZ and is looking to try an agency to see if any better. We leave 28th January for Brisbane and OH beginning to panic with what if's!! I think we have plenty time and i keep telling her that, but would be nice to have something sorted for her so we can relax and enjoy the build up to the big move!!!! Well maybe not relax and enjoy but just another thing less to think about!!!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:13 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banking Jobs

A lot of agencies won't bother replying I'm afraid as they're only interested in making quick money $$$$$

Once you are actually in Australia it will be a different story.

But anyway, not sure where you're going but have a look at:

Robert Walters, Hays, Select, Kelly Services, Manpower
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a long time away for a bank to be hiring in this climate, most Australian banks are having hiring freezes at the moment. I know ANZ are for at least the next 3-4 weeks.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of banking jobs are you after? The big four banks have their head offices in Sydney (CBA and Westpac) and Melbourne (ANZ and NAB). I can only think of Bank of Queensland (smallish state bank) and Suncorp who would have head office-type stuff in Brisbane - so there's not a huge number of banking jobs in Brisbane unless you're looking for branch work?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike82
Hello again!

Can anyone recommend any recruitment agencies that deal with jobs in finance? My OH is having difficulty in getting replies from banks in OZ and is looking to try an agency to see if any better. We leave 28th January for Brisbane and OH beginning to panic with what if's!! I think we have plenty time and i keep telling her that, but would be nice to have something sorted for her so we can relax and enjoy the build up to the big move!!!! Well maybe not relax and enjoy but just another thing less to think about!!!

Thanks

Mike
It's unlikely he will get any reply until he's actually in the country.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again!

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I work for NAB in Melbourne (though I'm currently in sunny - ahem - Glasgow). Send me a PM with with your email address and I'll drop you a line. I'd be happy to pass on her CV to the relevant departments.

What sort of work is she looking for ?

Cheers
Col
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:14 pm
Mikey82

Originally Posted by NickyC
What sort of banking jobs are you after? The big four banks have their head offices in Sydney (CBA and Westpac) and Melbourne (ANZ and NAB). I can only think of Bank of Queensland (smallish state bank) and Suncorp who would have head office-type stuff in Brisbane - so there's not a huge number of banking jobs in Brisbane unless you're looking for branch work?
Yes she is looking for branch work with any of the banks in or around Brisbane.

Cheers Mike
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:17 pm
Mikey82

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Mike,

I work for NAB in Melbourne (though I'm currently in sunny - ahem - Glasgow). Send me a PM with with your email address and I'll drop you a line. I'd be happy to pass on her CV to the relevant departments.

What sort of work is she looking for ?

Cheers
Col

Cheers Col

She will PM soon with the details

Mike
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:29 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Once you're in Oz, contact Hays and Michael Page (both agencies).

Also look on www.seek.com.au

BankWest are recruiting for their expansion program on the east coast. Most jobs are in VIC, but there are some in Qld as well:
http://www.bankwest.com.au/careers/

Gina
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she is looking for branch work with any of the banks in or around Brisbane.

Cheers Mike
My mate got her job in the bank by just chatting to the branch manager and mentioning that she worked in banking in the Uk.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:56 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Once you're in Oz, contact Hays and Michael Page (both agencies).

Also look on www.seek.com.au

BankWest are recruiting for their expansion program on the east coast. Most jobs are in VIC, but there are some in Qld as well:
http://www.bankwest.com.au/careers/

Gina
Expansion program ? After todays announcement that they are being bought by CBA ?
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=101709