Banking advice

Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough
Default Banking advice

Hi all.

Off to Adelaide in Feb on PR visa.

We are in the position of collating monies into a UK account at the mo and wanted advice as to how everyone sorted this and accessing it from abroad? Are there better ways of getting your money to and fro? We don't want to transfer all our money (crap xchange rate!) but want to obviously access it easily.

Any advice as to the Oz side of banking would also be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking advice

Originally Posted by ukjoiner
Hi all.

We are in the position of collating monies into a UK account at the mo and wanted advice as to how everyone sorted this and accessing it from abroad? Are there better ways of getting your money to and fro? We don't want to transfer all our money (crap xchange rate!) but want to obviously access it easily.

Thanks!
Check out www.tranzfers.com.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Ozforex are good too. I'd get it over in 1 hit. I reckon the rate is only going to get worse.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Ozforex are good too. I'd get it over in 1 hit. I reckon the rate is only going to get worse.
approaching new lows this morning, 1.487. Not a good time to make the move Uk to Oz
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
approaching new lows this morning, 1.487. Not a good time to make the move Uk to Oz
If you are walking straight into a job that pays $A then it's an excellent time to move.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
If you are walking straight into a job that pays $A then it's an excellent time to move.
why? The exchange rate makes no difference to the best time to earn an Australian wage unless you're sending money back. If living here and earning here then what matters is the cost of stuff here, not an exchange rate to a foreign currency.

An Australian earning and spending here has gained very little from the exchange rate halfing, other than cheaper CD's and holidays.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

pomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nice

Originally Posted by ukjoiner
Hi all.

Thanks!
If yo have >50k GBP, get an HSBC Premier account in the UK, apply for an Aus HSBC account also, and you get Global View whereby you can transfer funds between your two accounts for free.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
why? The exchange rate makes no difference to the best time to earn an Australian wage unless you're sending money back. If living here and earning here then what matters is the cost of stuff here, not an exchange rate to a foreign currency.

An Australian earning and spending here has gained very little from the exchange rate halfing, other than cheaper CD's and holidays.
Point taken I guess. I do like to be a little creative with my expenditure and savings and try to make use of an international market
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pomE
If yo have >50k GBP, get an HSBC Premier account in the UK, apply for an Aus HSBC account also, and you get Global View whereby you can transfer funds between your two accounts for free.
...... and instantly
Old Jan 13th 2012, 3:39 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
...... and instantly
........and at an almost mid market rate.

You also will have no hassle getting a Oz credit card with a $15k limit and you get free banking and ATM withdrawals from westpac and st george

But they have like 10 branches nationwide so not good if you want to speak to someone face to face.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 3:53 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I'd be interested to compared the exchange rate on this. Is the one used by HSBC on a Premier account published anywhere? I have a standard HSBC business account and OzForex beats them hands down.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:48 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrip
I'd be interested to compared the exchange rate on this. Is the one used by HSBC on a Premier account published anywhere? I have a standard HSBC business account and OzForex beats them hands down.
Don't think they do - today I could get 1.45 on the normal hsbc rate, 1.471 with premier and I think the mid market was 1.48

The main advantage is instant free transfers, which if you transfer money every month like we do is quite useful.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:41 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Don't think they do - today I could get 1.45 on the normal hsbc rate, 1.471 with premier and I think the mid market was 1.48
Thanks Scotty. Just got a quote of 1.4756 with OzForex so a similar ball park. Agree the instant transfer sounds good.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pomE
I don't have >50K.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

pomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nice

Originally Posted by harrip
Thanks Scotty. Just got a quote of 1.4756 with OzForex so a similar ball park. Agree the instant transfer sounds good.
(and the Prem account also gives you free worldwide travel insurance....)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.